Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.Net (AIM) stuck in test mode & other checkout issues V 1.5.1

I am having several payment/checkout issues. In the Authorize.Net (AIM) payment module, there is a notification in red saying (Not Configured) (NOTE: MD5 Hash Key too long). I left that blank. I have entered all of my credentials from Authorize.Net, but I am still getting this message. I also cannot take it out of test mode. I have tried multiple times it will not save the changes.

Next, as a customer logged in, I am seeing several issues. I have a “test” product I am trying to use to test payments and the checkout process. I can log in and have the item in my cart. When I click ‘go to checkout’ I immediately get an error message highlighted in red that says: An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () – (35) error: 14094410:SSL routnies:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure. Then I tried (while still logged in as a customer) to navigate back to my shopping cart, I get logged out – your session has expired – and I’ve only been there for a couple of minutes.

Website is: personalizedpetid.com
    Version 1.5.1

I am aware I need to upgrade. I’m just trying to work through all of these issues first before I create new ones. I feel like they’ll be harder to find if I attempt an upgrade while things aren’t working properly.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.Net (AIM) stuck in test mode & other checkout issues V 1.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo_girl View Post
    I am having several payment/checkout issues. In the Authorize.Net (AIM) payment module, there is a notification in red saying (Not Configured) (NOTE: MD5 Hash Key too long). I left that blank. I have entered all of my credentials from Authorize.Net, but I am still getting this message. I also cannot take it out of test mode. I have tried multiple times it will not save the changes.

Next, as a customer logged in, I am seeing several issues. I have a “test” product I am trying to use to test payments and the checkout process. I can log in and have the item in my cart. When I click ‘go to checkout’ I immediately get an error message highlighted in red that says: An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () – (35) error: 14094410:SSL routnies:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure. Then I tried (while still logged in as a customer) to navigate back to my shopping cart, I get logged out – your session has expired – and I’ve only been there for a couple of minutes.

Website is: personalizedpetid.com
    Version 1.5.1

I am aware I need to upgrade. I’m just trying to work through all of these issues first before I create new ones. I feel like they’ll be harder to find if I attempt an upgrade while things aren’t working properly.
    UPDATE: Authorize.net payment module has updated & I have checked and checked my settings for AuthNet and PayPal express modules.

I can navigate throughout the website as a logged in customer without getting kicked out, however I am still getting the error message (in bold above) when I attempt to check out regardless of whether it’s credit card or PayPal. I can’t locate the solution to this.

Anyone?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.Net (AIM) stuck in test mode & other checkout issues V 1.5.1

You need to get your hosting company to upgrade your server's SSL/TLS infrastructure to a modern secure version.
    SSLv3 is no longer secure enough for modern payment transactions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You need to get your hosting company to upgrade your server's SSL/TLS infrastructure to a modern secure version.
    SSLv3 is no longer secure enough for modern payment transactions.
    Ok I was afraid of that. I know they have my hosting on an “old server”, but I don’t know the specs. As I said before I know I need to upgrade my version of zen cart.

Can I go from 1.5.1 to whatever the newest version is or does it have to be done in “steps”? Do I do the upgrade while I’m on the old server then ask to have my hosting moved or do I move my hosting to a newer server THEN upgrade my version of zen cart? Which comes first...the chicken or the egg? :-)

Everything else aside...will my current database carry over to a new version of zen cart?? I can’t lose that info. What do I ask for in the updates hosting/server?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you treat the upgrade as a "rebuild my site on the new version", you can upgrade all the way in one big step.
    And copying the database over to the new server will retain everything in it, and you use zc_install to upgrade its content to match.
    These are all covered in the upgrade docs at https://docs.zen-cart.com

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you treat the upgrade as a "rebuild my site on the new version", you can upgrade all the way in one big step.
    And copying the database over to the new server will retain everything in it, and you use zc_install to upgrade its content to match.
    These are all covered in the upgrade docs at https://docs.zen-cart.com
    Thank you, Dr Byte! I will read through that.