Plugin Contributions

Default myDEBUG error after installing a plugin - help Please

v 1.5.5f westminster_new template

I installed the plugin 'Short Description for Categories' on two v1.5.5f sites - one functions exactly as it should, the other is problematical in that any changes I try to make in admin/categories/category_description to text in the category description for any category (or adding text in the short descritions text block) throws this myDEBUG error. I have verified that the installation files installed on both sites are the same. Unfortunately I cannot interpret a solution from the error and need some help please.

cheers,
    Mike

myDEBUG error
    Code:
    [18-Apr-2021 15:15:02 Australia/Sydney] Request URI: /admin/categories.php?action=update_category&cPath=, IP address: 118.210.42.50
    #1  trigger_error() called at [/home2/treeofl3/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:41]
    #2  plugin_version_check_for_updates() called at [/home2/treeofl3/public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_sitemapxml.php:167]
    #3  require(/home2/treeofl3/public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_sitemapxml.php) called at [/home2/treeofl3/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #4  require(/home2/treeofl3/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home2/treeofl3/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php:171]
    #5  require(/home2/treeofl3/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home2/treeofl3/public_html/admin/categories.php:9]

[18-Apr-2021 15:15:02 Australia/Sydney] PHP Notice:  CURL error checking plugin versions:  in /home2/treeofl3/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 41
    [18-Apr-2021 15:15:02 Australia/Sydney] Request URI: /admin/categories.php?action=update_category&cPath=, IP address: 118.210.42.50
    #1  trigger_error() called at [/home2/treeofl3/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php:41]
    #2  plugin_version_check_for_updates() called at [/home2/treeofl3/public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_zx_product_sorter.php:85]
    #3  require(/home2/treeofl3/public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_zx_product_sorter.php) called at [/home2/treeofl3/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #4  require(/home2/treeofl3/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home2/treeofl3/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php:171]
    #5  require(/home2/treeofl3/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home2/treeofl3/public_html/admin/categories.php:9]

[18-Apr-2021 15:15:02 Australia/Sydney] PHP Notice:  CURL error checking plugin versions:  in /home2/treeofl3/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 41
    [18-Apr-2021 15:15:02 Australia/Sydney] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function usu_reset_cache_data() in /home2/treeofl3/public_html/admin/categories.php:20
    Stack trace:
    #0 {main}
      thrown in /home2/treeofl3/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 20
    Plugin adds an additional category description text block to the bottom of category pages to facilitate lengthy descriptions, splitting them in two.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: myDEBUG error after installing a plugin - help Please

**** UPDATE **** I managed to solve the problem - so I posted just a bit too soon

hopefully have not caused too much inconvenience,
    cheers Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    **** UPDATE **** I managed to solve the problem - so I posted just a bit too soon

hopefully have not caused too much inconvenience,
    cheers Mike
    Even when a problem is self corrected, posting the answer, fix, or solution is appreciated especially by those that come across the exact same issue... remember to give back to the community.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Even when a problem is self corrected, posting the answer, fix, or solution is appreciated especially by those that come across the exact same issue... remember to give back to the community.
    Thanks MC - for the benefit of others I would normally do as you suggested however in this case it was a regrettable oversight on my part. One site was converted to CEN URI Mapping from USU whilst the other remains USU. I used the merged copy of admin/categories from the USU site on both sites hence the errors being thrown on the CEON site. After merging the correct file for the CEON site all was sorted.

A lesson to all I suppose in some respects to not 'assume' but rather check thoroughly

cheers, Mike