Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot add attribute to upload image

Version 1.5.7 - clean install (personalizedpetid.com)

I'm working on adding my attributes and have found I cannot add the option for a customer to upload their own image. I have created the option in the Option Name Manager, option type is file. When I go to the attributes controller, I cannot actually add it to the product. Any guidance on what I'm missing to add this particular attribute would be very helpful. I have added the other attributes without issue.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot add attribute to upload image

Have you checked out https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/admin..._name_manager/ in the docs?
    Let us know if that doesn't point you in the right direction.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Have you checked out https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/admin..._name_manager/ in the docs?
    Let us know if that doesn't point you in the right direction.
    I cannot locate this setting: admin configuration>maximum values> Allowed Filename Extensions for uploading

I found maximum file size in that area, but nothing about allowed filename extensions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo_girl View Post
    I cannot locate this setting: admin configuration>maximum values> Allowed Filename Extensions for uploading

I found maximum file size in that area, but nothing about allowed filename extensions.
    That's because that definition is no longer present in the database, as of zc157. The default allowable extensions are present in /includes/classes/upload.php:
    Code:
    // This is the old UPLOAD_FILENAME_EXTENSIONS which was in the database
    if (!defined('UPLOAD_FILENAME_EXTENSIONS_LIST')) {
       define('UPLOAD_FILENAME_EXTENSIONS_LIST', 'jpg,jpeg,gif,png,eps,cdr,ai,pdf,tif,tiff,bmp,zip');
    }
    If you want to change that list, you can create an override .php file (one for the admin and one for the storefront) in the /admin/includes/extra_datafiles and /includes/extra_datafiles sub-directories, respectively, that looks like
    Code:
    <?php
    // -----
    // Contains the file extensions that my site wants to allow for uploads.
    //
    define('UPLOAD_FILENAME_EXTENSIONS_LIST', 'jpg,jpeg,gif,bmp');
    The file extensions are provided in a comma-separated list with no intervening spaces and no leading '.' before the file-extensions themselves.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo_girl View Post
    Version 1.5.7 - clean install (personalizedpetid.com)

I'm working on adding my attributes and have found I cannot add the option for a customer to upload their own image. I have created the option in the Option Name Manager, option type is file. When I go to the attributes controller, I cannot actually add it to the product. Any guidance on what I'm missing to add this particular attribute would be very helpful. I have added the other attributes without issue.

Thanks!
    I just want to be sure that the correct issue is being addressed. The guidance received so far has been about setting up the product and attributes to try to help the customer successfully process a fully setup product, but the way I read the above OP is that for example it is not possible to associate the attribute to the product... could you shed a little more light on the situation and status?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I just want to be sure that the correct issue is being addressed. The guidance received so far has been about setting up the product and attributes to try to help the customer successfully process a fully setup product, but the way I read the above OP is that for example it is not possible to associate the attribute to the product... could you shed a little more light on the situation and status?
    My apologies, my original question might not have been clear. When I go to Catalog - Attributes Controller and scroll down I can see my option name (upload your own image), but when I click on that, it does not show anything in the option value box. Other attributes in the option name list, when selected, will show up in the option value box and I can insert them. I’m not at my computer but maybe these screen shots will help explain.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0EE81051-19F9-4D39-8B5F-B5CA73CE6E50.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	19525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	79A6E723-9515-49FA-AFE0-57E522A83289.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	19526

Plugin Contributions

Just adding that I’m starting to suspect some admin issues. Different functions on the admin side don’t seem to be responding to settings.

I have attempted to remove the model number, quantity available, weight, and date product added from the product description (as it displays on the website side). It looks sloppy where it’s displayed. I don’t want to delete the model number from the actual admin catalog because I want to use that information later on. I have disabled showing these things from configuration, all listings and new listings, but it all still shows on the website.

The option for Tools - ZCA Bootstrap colors does not respond when I select that. Part of the reason I picked this template was because I was hoping for an easier way to fix up my color scheme. I click it and don’t get an error message, the screen blinks (like it’s thinking about doing something) but it does not open a new screen for color picking.

Lastly, Tools - Export Shipping/Order Information does not generate a list of orders to ship. I have successfully made some test transactions on the site so there should be information to generate a list. I have refreshed the page (as suggested with the warning message) and I have re-uploaded the doc package to make sure I didn’t miss something. (See screen shot).

All of these things, in addition to my attributes not fully working (cannot add option to upload an image), are stating to make me think there’s something missing on the admin side, but I wouldn’t have any clues WHAT that might be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	84997F1C-D93D-4242-8DD8-328F1C53ACA1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	19527

Plugin Contributions

have you created an option value to go with that option name?
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

The warning on the export page is a mysql error, which you should be able to find in a log file which will tell you what fault you have
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so please don't take this wrong or try to read into my questions. We're all trying to help and trying to understand how this issue came to be.

For starters, I just tested my mostly plain version of Zen Cart 1.5.7 with demo product. I was able to add an existing attribute that was designated as a file to a product and I was able to create a new one to do the same. So, in my localized/current experience, the general operation of ZC 1.5.7c is good.

So, in the OP, it was stated that this was a "clean install". To what extent has this additional information been added? Was a database imported? Were product added manually or by some other process?

If data was imported/transferred from an existing or previous site, please explain the process used and methods. The better understood, the easier to identify what the issue is. I have some preconceptions, but don't want to go down that path without some additional info. Part of that also is, are you seeing on the catalog side information that is being entered/updated from the admin? I didn't quite get a feeling one way or the other from the last post. Also, let me say that I don't think that the problems being experienced on the admin side are a result of the catalog template... I haven't used it yet, but I also haven't heard of the same issues as a result of using it. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast