Plugin Contributions

Default Stray text in Addresses

While attempting to upgrade my zen cart on my local computer I have run into an issue. I upgraded my database from 1.5.5a to 1.5.7c and I now have some stray text in the address field when checking out. It is also on all address fields in "my account" for past orders.

Here is the what I am getting:

Palmer Wholesale
    Aaron Leavitt
    1804 Sandhill Road
    Orem, UT 84058

$telephone
    $email_address

Notice the $telephone and $email_address at the end of the address. I can't figure out where this is coming from.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stray text in Addresses

Did you perhaps add those to the records in your database's address_format table, but not update PHP code functions to substitute them when generating addresses?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The address_format table is indeed the culprit. I did not make the original site so I did not know they added something to that table. Now I just need to figure out why they added it by scrutinizing the code a bit.

Thanks again for your help!

Plugin Contributions

I have seen stores that create address labels that have every possible means of getting in touch - perhaps this is the case with yours?
    If you don't desire this information, you can always reset the address_format table using the original data from zc_install/sql/install/mysql_zencart.sql for your version of Zen Cart.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's possible that prior to the upgrade one or more of the original functions were altered to accommodate those additional variables, but in your upgrade process you didn't merge the updates but instead wiped them out by replacing the files without reviewing alterations first.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.