Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Download link not being activated for customer after payment complete

My cart went down a year ago. I suspect it was hacked. Tried to fix it and finally decided to start fresh with 157C. It installed without a hitch, after a few errors on my part I got it to connect to the database. All my products are there. All products are downloads. Everything is working but the customer is not getting a download link after a successful payment. I get the email that it was paid for. The order status goes to processing, but no link to download nor is it available in his account orders screen. I turned on debug for Paypal, looked at the 16 emails I got - it appears everything is OK but there may be something in those debug emails that i don't recognize as a problem

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download link not being activated for customer after payment complete

Download links are controlled by order status configuration in your store. So as long as the payment module sets the order to an order status that you've configured to allow downloads for, the links will show. (Assuming your template isn't out-of-date and doesn't have download stuff hacked out of it by someone who didn't understand Zen Cart digital products when they created the template or altered template files for some other reason.)

If the order status is set to 2-Processing, what are your attribute download settings set to?
    Particularly: Admin->Configuration->Attribute Settings->Downloads Controller Order Status Value >= lower value
    is it set to 2 (for 2-Processing) ?

Also see: https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/produ...ds_activating/

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download link not being activated for customer after payment complete

Title Value Action
    Enable Downloads true
    Download by Redirect true
    Download by streaming false
    Download Expiration (Number of Days) 3
    Number of Downloads Allowed - Per Product 3
    Downloads Controller Update Status Value 4
    Downloads Controller Order Status Value >= lower value 2
    Downloads Controller Order Status Value <= upper value 4
    Enable Price Factor true
    Enable Qty Price Discount true
    Enable Attribute Images true
    Enable Text Pricing by word or letter true
    Text Pricing - Spaces are Free 1
    Read Only option type - Ignore for Add to Cart 1

I have not modified anything except the welcome page....Tagline her,,,,blahblah,,,

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, then the next thing to check is that the download product actually has a valid download attached to it.

Unfortunately, if it didn't, then it won't automatically attach to existing orders. You'd have to purchase it again to test that.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

At the bottom of the Attribute controller page there is a section Downloadable products. I put the filename in and then insert the days (2) and counts (2) and it goes back to blank filename and back to 3 days, 3 count. I can't change it...
    I don't even want to look right now but I'm thinking I have 2700 products with no filename associated.

Plugin Contributions

I even set the price at free which would not be affected by Paypal IPN.

Plugin Contributions

If you go to Catalog > Downloads Manager, it will warn you if files are missing.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps the storefront processing should be updated to not offer that download (maybe disabling the associated product with an email to the store-owner?) if the download file isn't valid.

Plugin Contributions

I have green dots in the attribute controller and the download manager

Plugin Contributions

By chance are you using an old template? There was a change to one of the data structures - see Release Specific Upgrade Considerations

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra...onsiderations/

for Zen Cart 1.5.6
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast