Plugin Contributions

Default How to handle offline/prepaid orders?

I've looked through the plugins and don't see anything for handling offline/prepaid orders, to include all external sales in Zencart.
    We do farmers market sales as well as online, and it would be nice if we could add those into Zencart as well.

Right now we use Square for on-site credit card processing, and I just enter those totals separately in my accounting software. But it means that the sales reports in Zencart are always less than the actual sales.

If I could run it all through Zencart, that would both give us a more accurate report of sales and also simplify sales tax returns.

Is there a plug in for this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to handle offline/prepaid orders?

You could make specific cash sale accounts tied to a real in-house email account in Zen and process the order with real information about each sale directly into the cash sale account.

This will separate the sales by date and time and location as the email would track everything.

This was also accountant approved during tax season as long as real detailed information was added to the invoice - not just 'cash sale'.

No plugin needed... now you could modify reports to focus data based on the invoices tied to the cash sale email and presto all in one functions!
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps Admin login as customer could do the trick.

You could create a customer named Farmers Market, or multiple accounts for different locations.
    I know that here in Europe e.g. most companies that sell parts to repair shops, when a private customer does a walk-in purchase it gets listed under customer 9999: counter. To make it fit your bank records, you'll have to make orders fit the payments. This depending on requirement of the IRS.

Upgrading to Zen Cart 1.5.7c would give you the function already build in! Documentation here!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, both of you. I had forgotten that I could do cash sales. Our farmers market sales, cash or otherwise, are all processed through the Square system, so I get those as a lump sum. I can create a customer in ZenCart called 'farmers market' and enter the figures from Square as one sale.

Plugin Contributions

You can create a payment method (by cloning Check/Money Order, for example) and then make only visible to the Farmer's Market customer using my Optional Payment Method module.

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1930
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

One of my clients had the same problem with items being sold on a market. She just ran the sales live on her tablet using my POS plugin and the orders were stored in ZC as the sale was made, in real-time.