Plugin Contributions

Default Whoops! Your Session has Expired - Authorize.net (SIM) (v1.5.7c)

ZC Version: 1.5.7c (downloaded and upgraded from the Zen-Cart Site using the recommended procedure of running a duplicate site)
    PHP Version: 7.4.16
    MySQL Version: 5.7.23-23
    Theme: Dover Fine (rewritten by original creator to work on 1.5.7)
    Plugin: Zen_Lightbox 1.6.b
    Plugin: Email_Transfer_Mod 1.5.7c
    Payment Plugin: Authorize.net (SIM) (came with download of Zen Cart)
    Store URL: https://historicaltwiststore.com

This error has a lot of various threads throughout the Forums, however none that I could find on v1.5.7c.

This error is occurring when being redirected back to Zen Cart from Authorize.net.

The order is being written properly to Zen Cart. The payment is being processed correctly... it's just not reporting to the customer a successful transaction.

The default Relay Response URL at Authorize.net is set to <full url>/index.php?main_page=checkout_process&action=confirm

I have also tried...

<full url>/index.php?main_page=checkout_process (with no difference).

I have confirmed that my browser can accept cookies.

I have confirmed that the server "hash_bit_number" (can't remember the exact value I searched for and can't find that post again) isn't 6. In fact there isn't this setting in the server/info.

I've tried the various other fixes, but none seem relevant.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Whoops! Your Session has Expired - Authorize.net (SIM) (v1.5.7c)

It's very possible that this is a result of the samesite cookie rule that modern browsers are enforcing. If you want to force browsers into lower-security mode by disabling the samesite cookie rules they’re programmed to follow, then you can do the following:

Create a file named includes/extra_configures/samesite_cookie.php containing the following:

Code:
    <?php
    // -----
    // Samesite cookie needs to be 'none' when doing offsite payment gateway redirects
    //
    define('COOKIE_SAMESITE', 'none');

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem. I am using v1.5.4 and adding the includes/extra_configures/samesite_cookie.php doesn't solve the problem. Do I have to modify includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php? I do not believe v1.5.4 is using COOKIE_SAMESITE.
    The current code is:
    PHP Code:
    if (PHP_VERSION >= '5.2.0') {

session_set_cookie_params(0$path, (zen_not_null($cookieDomain) ? $domainPrefix $cookieDomain ''), $secureFlagTRUE);
    } else {

session_set_cookie_params(0$path, (zen_not_null($cookieDomain) ? $domainPrefix $cookieDomain ''), $secureFlag);

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jarmilka View Post
    I am having the same problem. I am using v1.5.4 and adding the includes/extra_configures/samesite_cookie.php doesn't solve the problem. Do I have to modify includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php? I do not believe v1.5.4 is using COOKIE_SAMESITE.
    The current code is:
    PHP Code:
    if (PHP_VERSION >= '5.2.0') {

session_set_cookie_params(0$path, (zen_not_null($cookieDomain) ? $domainPrefix $cookieDomain ''), $secureFlagTRUE);
    } else {

session_set_cookie_params(0$path, (zen_not_null($cookieDomain) ? $domainPrefix $cookieDomain ''), $secureFlag);

You're correct; the same-site cookie requirement has been imposed in the last 6 1/2 years (zc154 was released 2016-12-31) and neither your Zen Cart version nor (most likely) the version of PHP you're running on 'understand' how to set that cookie.

Here's a code snippet that you can use to replace the above section of your init_sessions.php to bring it up-to-level while you plan your upgrade to the current Zen Cart version (zc157c at the time of this writing):
    Code:
    //-bof-20200926-lat9: Setting samesite cookies
    //session_set_cookie_params(0, $path, (zen_not_null($cookieDomain) ? $domainPrefix . $cookieDomain : ''), $secureFlag, TRUE);
    $samesite = (defined('COOKIE_SAMESITE')) ? COOKIE_SAMESITE : 'lax';
    if (!in_array($samesite, array('lax', 'strict', 'none'))) $samesite = 'lax';

if (PHP_VERSION_ID < 70300) {
        session_set_cookie_params(0, $path .'; samesite='.$samesite, (zen_not_null($cookieDomain) ? $domainPrefix . $cookieDomain : ''), $secureFlag, TRUE);
    } else {
        session_set_cookie_params(array(
            'lifetime' => 0,
            'path' => $path,
            'domain' => (zen_not_null($cookieDomain) ? $domainPrefix . $cookieDomain : ''),
            'secure' => $secureFlag,
            'httponly' => TRUE,
            'samesite' => $samesite
        ));
    }
    //-eof-20200926-lat9

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much lat9.
    Unfortunately, I am using quite a bit of customization so upgrade to zc157 is not that easy.

Plugin Contributions

I implemented the fix but I am still receiving occasionally payment and no order, however, not as often as before. Any suggestion what could be causing that?