Plugin Contributions

Default MinMaxOrderByCountry support thread

This is the support thread for the MinMaxOrderByCountry plug in.

This Module allows you to set minimum and maximum order values for your store. The values are base on the Cart total figure which excludes postage and packing. All values are base on the default cart currency, however messages to customers will be displayed in the currency they are using if you allow multiple currencies. A full set of documentation is also available in the zip file in the docs/html directory.

Download at: MinMaxOrderByCountry

The developer source code is available on github https://github.com/brittainmark/MinMaxOrderByCountry.

It has been written and tested with zen-cart version1.5.7 but does not use the new zc_plugins structure as it is a mixed admin/store-front plug-in.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MinMaxOrderByCountry support thread

Can you tell me if 1.5.6c should work with this module?

Thank you, look forward to giving it a shot!

Plugin Contributions

I think it should work. I have not tested it. The only issue i could think of is if any of the Notifier messages are missing. If you install and test it and it works ok. Please post back so other's know.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for responding. I will give it a try shortly and advise. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chuckrey View Post
    Thanks for responding. I will give it a try shortly and advise. Thanks!
    I just tested 1.5.6c and it works perfectly for me. No overrides! Of course I did a full back-up ahead of time just in case.

All Good
    Thanks for the awesome work !

Plugin Contributions

Glad to here it works ok! Hope instructions were clear enough.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    Glad to here it works ok! Hope instructions were clear enough.
    Crystal Clear.

Plugin Contributions

Understand that is a new plugin, curious about planning for min/max based on the currency being used by the shopper. I guess further understanding that doing so may require some form of expansion to storing the min/max value(s).

I ask because I know someone in the US that has implemented a minimum purchase price for purchasers from an outside country to "simplify" the aspect of tax collection. They currently use a rough estimate in USD to set the minimum basically trying to ensure that currency conversion would likely not result in a value less than the desired foreign minimum.

If this aspect were included, they could though keep their currency conversion up-to-date, set the minimum to the foreign currency or a value slightly higher "just-in-case" and have a tighter, more competitive margin. That "slightly" higher value would result in a lower minimum purchase in USD which would be fine for them because they only have the minimum because of the foreign taxes not because they need some minimum amount in USD.

If not a consideration, perhaps could offer an explanation for future readers?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Understand that is a new plugin, curious about planning for min/max based on the currency being used by the shopper. I guess further understanding that doing so may require some form of expansion to storing the min/max value(s).

I ask because I know someone in the US that has implemented a minimum purchase price for purchasers from an outside country to "simplify" the aspect of tax collection. They currently use a rough estimate in USD to set the minimum basically trying to ensure that currency conversion would likely not result in a value less than the desired foreign minimum.

If this aspect were included, they could though keep their currency conversion up-to-date, set the minimum to the foreign currency or a value slightly higher "just-in-case" and have a tighter, more competitive margin. That "slightly" higher value would result in a lower minimum purchase in USD which would be fine for them because they only have the minimum because of the foreign taxes not because they need some minimum amount in USD.

If not a consideration, perhaps could offer an explanation for future readers?
    I wrote this option for myself to deal with issues of:
    1) collecting tax for the EU
    2) trying to keep customs simple for myself. Having fallen fowl of us customs with a person who would not supply their social security number.
    3) I only accept payments in GBP.
    This plug in is base on delivery destination not the buyers address.

If you want the more correct interpretation then Dr Byte has provided an excellent alternative based on the buyers address and indeed using the customers currency if you allow. Dr Bytes offering allows you to set a minimum order in the currency of the destination country and to set a minimum order amount. If you prefer this it can be found in this thread https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....r-UK-addresses

As you started you could set it to the local currency and then translate that currency by keeping your exchange rates up to date. However if you get it wrong then you will have to collect the tax! This being the case you would have to set yourself a margin. If you are doing this then does it matter if you do it in your local currency?
    Additionally if you want you can use this in conjunction with Dr Bytes offering. Just set the minimum value to 0 (zero) in this application. Then you will only use the Maximum values as a restriction. You could then use Dr Bytes code to restrict the sales under a value? Note however if some one living in the USA wants you to send the order to the UK then legally you are correct the tax should be collected in the USA but will you fall foul of customs when you ship it to the UK?
    If you want to play with the code it is availble on Github https://github.com/brittainmark/MinMaxOrderByCountry
    Hope that has answered your question, Of clarified my intentions.
    If I get some time i could look at allowing currency to be local but it would add a layer of complication. (possibly add a flag to the country values and what do i do about the default values so you do not have to put in an entry for every country).
    Input is welcome!
    Mark Brittain