Plugin Contributions

Default General question about PayPal plugins and SCA/PSD2 Europe UK

Having had a few emails regarding Square and need to be ready for SCA I was wondering about how fit for purpose were the current PayPal plugins. Can anyone provide guidance, time limits are counting down before SCA/PSD2 is implemented. Thanks.

Quote from PayPal uk site
    "
    Online businesses accepting card payments will need to ensure their online payment integration (checkout) can perform SCA through 3DS authentication so banks that provide debit and credit cards can process payments."

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: General question about PayPal plugins and SCA/PSD2 Europe UK

Is this the page you're talking about? https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

They advise PayPal Checkout. That's what PayPal Express Checkout (rev1.5.7) is, so you (if you're a user of v1.5.7) don't need to worry.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Philibel View Post
    Is this the page you're talking about? https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

They advise PayPal Checkout. That's what PayPal Express Checkout (rev1.5.7) is, so you (if you're a user of v1.5.7) don't need to worry.
    Thank you for a speedy reply, do you know if PayPal pro is compatible?. Yes that is the page I was referring to. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I checked on https://jilt.com/blog/paypal-compari...aypal-service/

No experiance with PayPal Pro because:
    PayPal Pro is available to merchants in the U.K., U.S., and Canada.
    This means trouble in shop paradise:
    you can customize the entire checkout experience, as customers remain on your site during the checkout process rather than being directed to PayPal
    So, as I understand it PayPal Pro comes with a monthly fee allowing you to customize the checkout BUT there's a hidden cost! Your site, your responsibility, your cost.

So, it looks like you hit a fork in the route. Continue with PayPal Pro and spend the money for meting the standards or turn to Express Checkout.

Personally, when I'm a customer, I don't thrust an on-site payment and check if they send me to a trusted payment site. But your site, your choice.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Philibel View Post
    I checked on https://jilt.com/blog/paypal-compari...aypal-service/

No experiance with PayPal Pro because:

This means trouble in shop paradise:

So, as I understand it PayPal Pro comes with a monthly fee allowing you to customize the checkout BUT there's a hidden cost! Your site, your responsibility, your cost.

So, it looks like you hit a fork in the route. Continue with PayPal Pro and spend the money for meting the standards or turn to Express Checkout.

Personally, when I'm a customer, I don't thrust an on-site payment and check if they send me to a trusted payment site. But your site, your choice.
    Thanks for the reply. I recently had a problem with Zen cart and PayPal Pro UK install ( we got around it ) but not too sure it will be fit for purpose when SCA is fully implemented. I think that PayPal are making changes and possibly the PayPal Pro plugin will need to be looked into for Europe and UK. Appreciate the link and your guidance