Plugin Contributions

Default Shipstation not connecting

Hello, I'm new to zencart. don't know programing, so please bear with me. I'm using zen ver 1.5.7 and installed the shipstation mod straight from both zen and from Shipstation and followed the direction to a T and still can not get it to work. I keep getting this error when I click on the test connection in Shipstation. I created a logon just for shipstation even.

Store Configuration
    We received an error testing the Zen Cart store: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Yes I have put the shipstation_zc.php in the root. Have not made any mod changes

Thanks for your help, I know somebody has run into this before. sooo

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipstation not connecting

Inside ShipStation website's settings, you provide the URL to your store's shipstation_zc.php file. Does that actually match where you put the file?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Inside ShipStation website's settings, you provide the URL to your store's shipstation_zc.php file. Does that actually match where you put the file?

Yes I have used both the one on Zencart and the one supplied by Shipstation. Same results everytime. The file has been placed in the root folder.
    Last edited by Coastalpond; 14 May 2021 at 12:44 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post

Yes I have used both the one on Zencart and the one supplied by Shipstation. Same results everytime. The file was placed in the root folder. When I try to go they by inputting into the address bar of web browser,

http://www.mydomainname.com/shipstation_zc.php. I get this

404 Not Found
    Please forward this error screen to www.mydomainname.com's WebMaster.
    The server cannot find the requested page:

so I thought mmm. I then place the file in the public_HTML root but that didn't work either. I got

This page contains the following errors:
    error on line 1 at column 1: Document is empty
    Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

When I went back to Shipstation to "test connection".

I got

Store Configuration
    We received an error testing the Zen Cart store: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    soo place the file back at the main root.
    Last edited by Coastalpond; 14 May 2021 at 12:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "root" folder of your store would be the same place where ipn_main_handler.php is found.
    Is that the directory you've put it in?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I use the sister company Shipworks.

The plugin folder structure is different than ShipStation, but just in case the Shipworks folder structure is how ShipStation should be, note that for Shipworks, the main .php file is dropped in the admin folder like so:

public_html / admin / shipworks.php

That said, if you were to drop it in as public_html / shipstation.php and troubleshoot from there, I think you would have much more success than dropping it in one folder above that.

Plugin Contributions

One site we host has a problem with shipworks and PHP 7.4 but, on point....

I think your problem might partially be that your site is not fully secure and whether or not you have any 301 directs in place that go to links not covered by your SSL.

Secure the entire site, make links match your SSL (it uses the www.) and make sure their are no redirects sending you from www to non-www.

On the road currently or I would give more info but, lots of pertinent stuff in the docs. Start at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/installing/enable_ssl/

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As long as the file is placed in the same directory as your ipn_main_handler.php (that folder also contains ajax.php, nddbc.html, vbv_learn_more.html),
    then telling ShipStation's setup to use https://www.your_store_domain.com/shipstation_zc.php should be fine.

And, visiting https://www.your_store_domain.com/shipstation_zc.php in your browser should not give you a 404 error. (It might give a blank page, but that would be normal, because the file isn't designed to be used/read/accessed by your browser.)

Of course, if your store doesn't use the "www." prefix, then exclude that. I only included it above for explanatory purposes.

Also, I just updated the plugin to incorporate some fixes for compatibility with Zen Cart v1.5.7:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1324