Plugin Contributions

Default I can't log into admin

Zen cart Version v157b. Yesterday evening I was unable to log into my admin area. My saved password wasn't working. I tried the forgot password function and it came up with a blank white page. So I tried the information here: https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...dmin_password/ and added the query into my database. I tried to log in with the Admin admin and it prompts me to change the password, I change it and then when I try to log in it then says I have entered the wrong username and password. The only way I can get into my admin area is by going to the admin database table and pasting in the code:
    351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b which resets it back to 'admin' even typing the word 'admin' isn't working or adding in any other password, only the code is working. Once I'm in my admin area the passcode then changes itself in the admin database table and it seems my password has gone and changed and I can no longer log in again until I go back to the admin database table and change the password back to: 351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b When I'm in my admin area if I change the admin users and reset passwords there, that isn't working either, if I add a new admin that also isn't working. So far the only way in is by going to the database every time and changing it to: 351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b, but it seems to be resetting the password every time I get in there Please can somebody hep me? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I can't log into admin

Quote Originally Posted by Opal5 View Post
    Zen cart Version v157b. Yesterday evening I was unable to log into my admin area. My saved password wasn't working. I tried the forgot password function and it came up with a blank white page. So I tried the information here: https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...dmin_password/ and added the query into my database. I tried to log in with the Admin admin and it prompts me to change the password, I change it and then when I try to log in it then says I have entered the wrong username and password. The only way I can get into my admin area is by going to the admin database table and pasting in the code:
    351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b which resets it back to 'admin' even typing the word 'admin' isn't working or adding in any other password, only the code is working. Once I'm in my admin area the passcode then changes itself in the admin database table and it seems my password has gone and changed and I can no longer log in again until I go back to the admin database table and change the password back to: 351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b When I'm in my admin area if I change the admin users and reset passwords there, that isn't working either, if I add a new admin that also isn't working. So far the only way in is by going to the database every time and changing it to: 351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b, but it seems to be resetting the password every time I get in there Please can somebody hep me? Thank you.
    I've also noticed that it's doing the same for customers too password not recognised, resend password, customers gets into account, resets password and the old one not recognised so it seems it's also changing the password in the database too

Plugin Contributions

I have also tried a fresh new instal, just in case, I really don't want to go through all of that needing to rebuild a new one, I don't think anyone ever wants to do that :/ I had the same issue with a new instal, it won't let me log into admin, may this be an issue with my web host? Have they possibly done something to 'update' or tinker around with things to cause this to mess up?

Plugin Contributions

Check the site's /logs sub-directory. It sounds like there will be a plethora of myDEBUG*.log files waiting to let you know what the underlying issue is.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Check the site's /logs sub-directory. It sounds like there will be a plethora of myDEBUG*.log files waiting to let you know what the underlying issue is.
    Oh my! You're right indeed, a plethora! I'm working my way though. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

*through

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Opal5 View Post
    *through
    In case not considered, may want to be sure to address the more recent one(s) first.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I fixed it :) The debug files were from emails not sent, that would probably be the password forgotten feature failing, also from 'sales report' I'd installed a mod that's no longer supported by custom scriptz. I removed it, also a debug for when I'd cloned flat rate to flat rate 2 to try and get a separate flat rate for a category, that didn't work either but I'll figure that one out at a later date. I just restored back up prior to me breaking it and I can now log in again, so can customers!