Plugin Contributions

Default Can *I* offer a gift certificate to a customer?

I know the process to have someone purchase a gift certificate and then I have to approve it.
    Can I create one on my end to give a customer?

I find it a little inconvenient when I have a draw for $25 or $50 to make it a coupon as the customer then HAS to use it all in one transaction, which would be different with a gift certificate.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can *I* offer a gift certificate to a customer?

Welllllll.... in 1.5.7 at least, there is an option specifically to send a gift certificate from the admin area... I haven't paid attention to this aspect of ZC to know if 1.5.7 was the first time in which that appeared... I believe I've commented on the code, but has not been something for which I've consciously looked.

I see that there is an admin feature/program: admin/gv_mail.php that appears to have features consistent through versions, though I could be wrong I've just looked at a 1.5.5 versioned site and it appears the basic concept is the same.

Identify a recipient, enter the value of the gift certificate to be provided, enter a message and the money becomes theirs... (Basically)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Thank you. This seemed to have worked. However, I have two follow up questions:
    - one person who got the GC, "forgot" to enter the code. Is there a way to apply it retroactively? (I know it might not be simple)
    - one person seems to have issues getting emails from my store domain. If she does not get the mailed GC, can I just send her the code in a different way and she would be able to use it normally?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    I have two follow up questions:
    - one person who got the GC, "forgot" to enter the code. Is there a way to apply it retroactively? (I know it might not be simple)
    - one person seems to have issues getting emails from my store domain. If she does not get the mailed GC, can I just send her the code in a different way and she would be able to use it normally?
    To apply it retroactively would require using a module like Edit Orders to apply it and change all the order totals after-the-fact. And you'd have to manually refund the difference. Or you could just refund the difference, without updating the order in Zen Cart.

For the person whose email isn't working, the "sent GV's" (ie: past-tense) page in the Admin lets you find the GV code that you could communicate to the person manually.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrBytes.