Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some issues when upgrading

i downloaded and ran the git hub files both the optional fix and then the utf8mb4 file... after having done all of this, the red letter warnings persist. here is a sum of all the red letter warnings as a result of using the zc_install in 1.5.7c to update the site and the data base.
    MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'info' at line 1

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'info' at line 1

MySQL Error: Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key

MySQL Error: Duplicate key name 'id'

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'N' at line 1

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'N' at line 1

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'F' at line 1

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'F' at line 1

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Y' at line 1

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TEXT' at line 1

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TEXT' at line 1

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'free' at line 1

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'free' at line 1

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Y' at line 1

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hmmm. I can't replicate it. Maybe it's a different MySQL version.

Does making the changes added here help get rid of most of those errors? https://github.com/zencart/utf8mb4-c...r/pull/5/files

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes Dr Byte, it does Now there are only two errors in Red:
    MySQL Error: Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key

Do i need to be concerned? Should I fix it? Can i let it go? If fix, how? Thank you. I have three sites to upgrade. Sending you a token of appreciation now.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by muah View Post
    Yes Dr Byte, it does Now there are only two errors in Red:
    Those would appear to be related to tables added by something other than original Zen Cart.
    Does the output show the table names too? Or clues to what table it was operating on before/after the errors appeared?

I'm puzzled how an existing table could have double auto-increment fields already, so that's odd.

As far as duplicate key name, that's also a bit odd since normally that wouldn't ever have been allowed. I suspect it got created by phpMyAdmin in times past when you attempted to manually add an extra index to a table.

If there's no other output on-screen that can help identify which table, then you could look at your backup file for all the CREATE TABLE commands, and see which tables have more than one auto column, and which ones have any indexes named "id". Then with that information we can come up with whatever manual fixes are required for tidying up these inconsistencies inherited in your old database.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello. I updated an older zen using the upgrade button during zc_install. The previous version worked fine with no warnings or loss of functionality. That being said, i never ran the php program on the previous zen verions to know if these problems existed. I never added a table or toyed with the phpadmin. I did start out, years ago, by hiring a person who may have started me out on a bad premise?
    Anyway, as soon as i find the time I'll attempt to provide the info. I'm upgrading a second store now. we'll see if the problem repeats itself. old store is fine. no problems at all. I'm being warned by the host that i need to update the php so, now i'm doing the upgrade to the 1.5.7c.

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte, I'm having a heck of a time trying to provide you what you've asked for. I brought it up with bluehost and they told me to import into a new database. they then dropped the tables and imported it again and said, it's fixed...said the database was not able to overwrite itself. they did all this on test databases and i have no way to confirm as i cannot run the php program without setting up a new cart, right? If that's true... what would cause a database to stop overwriting itself? eh... in your estimation, can i live with this? It's a business i need to put food on the table. so, there's that. should i fix it? will it cause problems later on? is there a risk? Time is the problem. But will make the time if you think it's important enough. It is a database after all. thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

said the database was not able to overwrite itself
    If those were their exact words then they're probably talking geek-speak without getting into specifics.
    It's "possible" that they mean "server permissions don't let you-the-non-server-owner import a database of the same name as one that already exists (ie: 'overwrite itself')". Which would be true. To overcome that one needs to drop the database and re-create it re-import things. Almost identical to dropping all the tables and importing them again. Sounds like they did that for you.

they then dropped the tables and imported it again and said, it's fixed
    Maybe it's fine then?
    I'm not sure what exactly they mean by "it's fixed" ... ie: what exactly did they "test" to confirm that it's "fixed" ... ie: what are they asserting is no longer broken?
    Maybe it's moot.

in your estimation, can i live with this? It's a business i need to put food on the table. so, there's that. should i fix it? will it cause problems later on? is there a risk?
    You could re-run the utf8-convert scripts again to see if any issues are reported.

My only concerns are related to the last errors you quoted:
    - duplicate auto_increment on one table
    - duplicate index named 'id' on one table

The potential downsides to this are:
    - the duplicate auto_increment shouldn't ever have existed, so it's puzzling why it's there; uncertain whether there's been a data risk/problem all along. Too unknown to assess possible impact.
    - if the duplicate index isn't being recreated then it's possible that whatever index is being skipped might cause some slowness in whatever table it's referring to. It shouldn't be coming from core Zen Cart tables so maybe it's unlikely to be a problem. But too unknown to understand possible impact very well.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I have another site, separate from the former. The exact same result. After an upgrade, Admin warning, had to run the UTF8 converter then your added lines to fix. After running everything i have these errors:

Plugin Contributions

Hello again. So, I've upgraded 3 sites. Two were upgrades and the two upgrades produced the identical errors after running the UTF8MB4 converter. Using your updated file that you posted, corrected most but left the following identical residual errors on both databases. Here they are back to back in full. I did not post the errors in full, only the red. Here they are in full. Any further advice how to fix this? Many thanks.

site one:
    Processing table [admin_files]:
    ALTER TABLE `admin_files` DROP INDEX `id`
    Temporarily dropped unique index id.
    Skipping page because it is already using utf8mb4.
    Processing indexes...
    CREATE UNIQUE INDEX id ON admin_files (id)
    Recreated unique index id on admin_files (id).
    Table collation updated.

site 2:
    Processing indexes...
    Table collation updated.

Plugin Contributions

Hello again. So, I've upgraded 3 sites. Two were upgrades and the two upgrades produced the identical errors after running the UTF8MB4 converter. Using your updated file that you posted, corrected most but left the following identical residual errors on both databases. Here they are back to back in full. I did not post the errors in full, only the red. Here they are in full. Any further advice how to fix this? Many thanks.

site one:
    Processing indexes...
    Table collation updated.

site 2:
    Processing indexes...
    Table collation updated.
    The highlighted table comes from some add-on, not a Zen Cart core table. Perhaps if you could determine the source of that table, someone would be better able to help.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast