Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Some issues when upgrading

Version 1.57C

Apologies in advance if the answer was posted elsewhere. I'm unable to find it.

Gotta say, i dread the upgrades but so far, this one is way better than the old one! But having a few issues and i'll post them separately so others can benefit.

When on the admin home, if i click tools--who is online I get this message in a new blank page with these words on top:
    WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Then, I the admin home page itself, under the new customers table i get this warning which is the same:
    WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Few more minor things but will post it in another question. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some issues when upgrading

So any time those messages are generated, a mydebug like file is expected to be generated in the logs folder.

Now, something else of importance here is to also identify the version from which upgrading as that may lead to an understanding of what problem(s) exist and potential causes.

For example, it is not yet known if the zc_install process has been used to upgrade the old database (if even at that point yet or just testing out the demo data and having this issue) or even how the current version being used was provided to the server (one-click install?) all these things are covered by addressing the posting tips upon first posting and as soon as possible after making that first post...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So any time those messages are generated, a mydebug like file is expected to be generated in the logs folder.

Now, something else of importance here is to also identify the version from which upgrading as that may lead to an understanding of what problem(s) exist and potential causes.

For example, it is not yet known if the zc_install process has been used to upgrade the old database (if even at that point yet or just testing out the demo data and having this issue) or even how the current version being used was provided to the server (one-click install?) all these things are covered by addressing the posting tips upon first posting and as soon as possible after making that first post...
    Mydebug is a plugin? it's not for 1.57c This is an upgrade from v1.5.1 i used the zc_install to upgrade an old database. I did not see this issue when i tested. I did not see it. I did test in a separate folder before going live.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by muah View Post
    Mydebug is a plugin? it's not for 1.57c This is an upgrade from v1.5.1 i used the zc_install to upgrade an old database. I did not see this issue when i tested. I did not see it. I did test in a separate folder before going live.
    No.. myDEBUG-XXXXXXXX is the prefix/basic name of the file(s) that contain... well debug information... The file(s) are generated in the folder that is called logs. It is off of the root of your store.

So then, when making the new files part of the live store, what was done with the old files?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    No.. myDEBUG-XXXXXXXX is the prefix/basic name of the file(s) that contain... well debug information... The file(s) are generated in the folder that is called logs. It is off of the root of your store.

So then, when making the new files part of the live store, what was done with the old files?
    According to the directions given by Zen Cart, i uploaded the new files to the old store allowing overwrite...then adjusted the permissions...then ran zc_install. After that, removed zc install and everything seemingly works then i found those errors. Looking at the logs folder I see the following and i removed personal info so i don't worry about it:

[27-May-2021 17:02:05 America/Boise] Request URI: /shop/admin/, IP address: i remove this info
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:170]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:142]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:269]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/WhosOnline.php:132]
    #5 WhosOnline->retrieve() called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/WhosOnline.php:218]
    #6 WhosOnline->getStats() called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/includes/modules/dashboard_widgets/WhosOnlineDashboardWidget.php:15]
    #7 include(/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/includes/modules/dashboard_widgets/WhosOnlineDashboardWidget.php) called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/index_dashboard.php:62]
    #8 require(/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/index_dashboard.php) called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/home.php:25]
    #9 require(/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/home.php) called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1267:Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' :: SELECT customer_id, full_name, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, session_id, host_address, user_agent, s.value as session_data
    FROM whos_online w
    LEFT OUTER JOIN sessions s ON (s.sesskey = w.session_id)
    WHERE ip_address != '' AND ip_address NOT IN (' i remove this as it may be sensitive')
    ORDER BY time_entry, LPAD(ip_address,11,'0') ==> (as called by) /home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/WhosOnline.php on line 132 <== in /home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 170.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by muah View Post
    According to the directions given by Zen Cart, i uploaded the new files to the old store allowing overwrite...then adjusted the permissions...then ran zc_install. After that, removed zc install and everything seemingly works then i found those errors. Looking at the logs folder I see the following and i removed personal info so i don't worry about it:

[27-May-2021 17:02:05 America/Boise] Request URI: /shop/admin/, IP address: i remove this info
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:170]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:142]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:269]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/WhosOnline.php:132]
    #5 WhosOnline->retrieve() called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/WhosOnline.php:218]
    #6 WhosOnline->getStats() called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/includes/modules/dashboard_widgets/WhosOnlineDashboardWidget.php:15]
    #7 include(/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/includes/modules/dashboard_widgets/WhosOnlineDashboardWidget.php) called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/index_dashboard.php:62]
    #8 require(/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/index_dashboard.php) called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/home.php:25]
    #9 require(/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/home.php) called at [/home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1267:Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' :: SELECT customer_id, full_name, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, session_id, host_address, user_agent, s.value as session_data
    FROM whos_online w
    LEFT OUTER JOIN sessions s ON (s.sesskey = w.session_id)
    WHERE ip_address != '' AND ip_address NOT IN (' i remove this as it may be sensitive')
    ORDER BY time_entry, LPAD(ip_address,11,'0') ==> (as called by) /home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/WhosOnline.php on line 132 <== in /home2/myprivatename/public_html/shop/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 170.
    That debug-log says it all ... you need to grab a copy of Convert DB to UTF8 (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1318) and follow the instructions in that plugin. You've got a mixture (utf8_general_ci and utf8_unicode_ci) of character-encodings in use in your database.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    That debug-log says it all ... you need to grab a copy of Convert DB to UTF8 (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1318) and follow the instructions in that plugin. You've got a mixture (utf8_general_ci and utf8_unicode_ci) of character-encodings in use in your database.
    Great. Thanks. Question... instructions say "configure.php (both) need a line which says: define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8mb4');"
    Configure already has a line that says define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8mb4' or older 'utf8' / 'latin1' are most common
    do i alter that line or add an entirely new line?

Also, you're right, i did it and everything now works! Thank you. The php gave me these warning in red:
    MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'free' at line 1
    ALTER TABLE `plugin_control` MODIFY `type` VARBINARY(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT free
    MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'free' at line 1
    MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TEXT' at line 1
    ALTER TABLE `customers` MODIFY `customers_email_format` VARBINARY(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT TEXT
    MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TEXT' at line 1
    MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'F' at line 1
    MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Y' at line 1
    ALTER TABLE `coupons` MODIFY `coupon_active` BINARY(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT Y
    MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Y' at line 1
    And there are probably a dozen more...
    Am i now having to fix this too?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yikes! Looks like we forgot to update that plugin with a patch fix regarding those defaults.

Do you have a backup from before running that script? If not, there's a "fix" utility in the updated version of the plugin at https://github.com/zencart/utf8mb4-converter

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

help me understand... i ran the converter. i backed up the database before. now I have to restore the previous database or go to git hub?

Plugin Contributions

i did a winmerge comparison of the latest file located at plugins and the git hub file you pointed to... they are identical.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast