Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some issues when upgrading

The only addons i use on these two sites were obtained from the zen plugin area (shipping, payment, backup mysql, easy update, etc). In fact, if there are plugins outside of zen's area, i'm not even aware of it. the only other code i introduced was google html code and live chat html code and shipping clones. I added shipping flat rate clones but that's it. Okay... well, tried searching from the tool kit, nothing. I tried a local search on the old site, nothing. Looks like it's my problem to solve... did not go to school for this so, here comes the learning curve. Appreciate the feedback nonetheless.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by muah View Post
    The only addons i use on these two sites were obtained from the zen plugin area (shipping, payment, backup mysql, easy update, etc). In fact, if there are plugins outside of zen's area, i'm not even aware of it. the only other code i introduced was google html code and live chat html code and shipping clones. I added shipping flat rate clones but that's it. Okay... well, tried searching from the tool kit, nothing. I tried a local search on the old site, nothing. Looks like it's my problem to solve... did not go to school for this so, here comes the learning curve. Appreciate the feedback nonetheless.
    While I know DrByte would like to be able to help determine how this situation occurred, if for no other reason than to prevent anything similar occurring to anyone else, there is a need for you to also still continue to operate at the highest level with what already is available to you as a store operator/installer.

So, to support being able to move forwards assuming that this issue has existed for a long period of time but only now in a new environment was discovered, I'd like to ask a few questions to validate the above statement about having done the search.

When you go/have gone to the admin of your site with this database, go to the tools dropdown. Then select developers toolkit.

Now scroll to the bottom. In the lower left text box enter:
    admin_files

Now go to the right and select the search button. What are the results?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    While I know DrByte would like to be able to help determine how this situation occurred, if for no other reason than to prevent anything similar occurring to anyone else, there is a need for you to also still continue to operate at the highest level with what already is available to you as a store operator/installer.

So, to support being able to move forwards assuming that this issue has existed for a long period of time but only now in a new environment was discovered, I'd like to ask a few questions to validate the above statement about having done the search.

When you go/have gone to the admin of your site with this database, go to the tools dropdown. Then select developers toolkit.

Now scroll to the bottom. In the lower left text box enter:
    admin_files

Now go to the right and select the search button. What are the results?
    Hello, thank you for taking an interest. Had I not run the utft8 updater you suggested, I never would have found these errors. Dr Byte's contribution fixed everything the original updater did not...minus this one issue. Granted, if this error has any negative effect on the store... I'm not seeing it. Here are the results:
    Searching 1962 files ... for: admin_files
    Match Lines found: 0 --- Searching 1962 files ... for: admin_files
    Error: No matching Configuration Keys were found ... admin_files

Plugin Contributions

Hello, thank you for taking an interest. Had I not run the utft8 updater you suggested, I never would have found these errors. Dr Byte's contribution fixed everything the original updater did not...minus this one issue. Granted, if this error has any negative effect on the store... I'm not seeing it. Here are the results:
    Searching 1962 files ... for: admin_files
    Match Lines found: 0 --- Searching 1962 files ... for: admin_files
    Error: No matching Configuration Keys were found ... admin_files
    So, what that means is that within the standard search fileset of the admin tools->developers tool kit, that the database table: admin_files, is not referenced by a file used in the routine processing of Zen Cart.

What that generally means is that the table could be dropped from the database, though as the site owner/operator, perhaps something else is known like there is a sub-directory outside of the Zen Cart store that specifically uses this database and that table.

But, if the software was designed as suggested by the Zen Cart team, then it would appear that the admin_files table could be dropped.

Plugin Contributions

So, what that means is that within the standard search fileset of the admin tools->developers tool kit, that the database table: admin_files, is not referenced by a file used in the routine processing of Zen Cart.

What that generally means is that the table could be dropped from the database, though as the site owner/operator, perhaps something else is known like there is a sub-directory outside of the Zen Cart store that specifically uses this database and that table.

But, if the software was designed as suggested by the Zen Cart team, then it would appear that the admin_files table could be dropped.
    When you say "dropped" you mean, gone? I went into myphp admin and took a snap shot of this area and expanded it. there are two images included here of what i'm talking about. See images. Dropped means these should Not be there? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myphp.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	19626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myphp2.JPG 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	19627

Plugin Contributions

When you say "dropped" you mean, gone? I went into myphp admin and took a snap shot of this area and expanded it. there are two images included here of what i'm talking about. See images. Dropped means these should Not be there? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myphp.JPG 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	19626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myphp2.JPG 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	19627
    I wonder if in the past you installed the Admin Profiles add-on (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12), a quick look shows that it creates the admin_files table with the same columns as in your image. Given that (as the link shows) this functionality was subsequently built-in to ZCv1.5.x, then as @mc says it would appear that the table can be dropped/deleted. Within phpmyadmin you can see there's a 'drop' link next to the relevant table, here's a shot of part of mine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-15 172740.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	19628

Of course, backup your database first.
    Last edited by simon1066; 15 Jun 2021 at 05:34 PM.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

To the question asked of me, now based on simon1066's review, I would agree that the table can be removed (dropped) without issue. Always with the words of backup before destroy. :)

Again, that also is if this particular table is causing any issues moving forwards with the upgrade.

Do please keep a copy though so that perhaps something can be figured out to maybe help more in the future.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    I wonder if in the past you installed the Admin Profiles add-on (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12), a quick look shows that it creates the admin_files table with the same columns as in your image. Given that (as the link shows) this functionality was subsequently built-in to ZCv1.5.x, then as @mc says it would appear that the table can be dropped/deleted. Within phpmyadmin you can see there's a 'drop' link next to the relevant table, here's a shot of part of mine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-15 172740.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	19628

Of course, backup your database first.
    I have a faint recollection of such an install. Not sure. I deleted the table and ran the utf8 converter again and this time without errors. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

To the question asked of me, now based on simon1066's review, I would agree that the table can be removed (dropped) without issue. Always with the words of backup before destroy. :)

Again, that also is if this particular table is causing any issues moving forwards with the upgrade.

Do please keep a copy though so that perhaps something can be figured out to maybe help more in the future.
    Thank you. I'll message you shortly. How likely do you think this drop will affect future installations?

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I'll message you shortly. How likely do you think this drop will affect future installations?
    One thing that does occur to me is that the previously installed Admin Profiles plugin should ideally be fully removed from your site. Looking at the last image you posted it seems that there are other tables present that are part of this plugin.

I don't know how easy this will be, especially as it was installed many years ago and that parts of the plugin might have been incorporated in to ZC core. Tread carefully, especially if you are working on a live site, and make sure you keep a copy of your files and database. There are uninstall instructions in the plugin's fileset.
    Last edited by simon1066; 17 Jun 2021 at 09:06 AM.
    Simon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast