Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be inse

Quote Originally Posted by muah View Post
    I upgraded and now it doesn't work.
    Result code: 2
    0 => mysqldump: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
    1 => mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'mydbusername'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
    Failure: The database has NOT been saved.
    I think the last time I came across that I had to modify the backup software to change the formatting of providing the username/password that was acceptable to whatever the host required. Been a while and I haven't had a problem with it since then. Not to mention that I typically (because of where host has the tools) also have to change the location of where the backup/restore server software is located.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be inse

Let me premise what i'm about to say with this tidbit from my history: been burned by web workers more than once. That's why i got into ZenCart. I prefer control over the process especially in cancel culture, who knows what one may say or sell that causes a company provided cart to shut me down. That being said, I do not have the time to fix everything the way I'd like. Let me consider if it's worth spending money on this or not. I use bluehost, among others, and they have site back up pro which automatically saves the databases. I just like to have them backed up where i can seem them..instantly. With blue host, the back up area is a pain to get to.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I upgraded and now it doesn't work.
    Result code: 2
    0 => mysqldump: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
    1 => mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'mydbusername'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
    Failure: The database has NOT been saved.
    What MySQL version are you using? (Admin->Tools->Server Info)

For example, on my localhost mine is:
    "Database Engine: MySQL 5.5.5-10.5.9-MariaDB"

and if I go to a command-prompt and type "mysqldump --version" I get:
    "mysqldump Ver 10.19 Distrib 10.5.9-MariaDB"

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12