Plugin Contributions

Default Error when clicking link in Product Stock Report

I received the following error when clicking one of the item links in the Product Stock Report.
    #1 require() called at [/home/.../public_html/my shop/my admin/product_music.php:12]
    #2 require(/home/.../public_html/my shop/my admin/product_music.php) called at [/home/.../public_html/my shop/my admin/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: require(includes/modules/prod_cat_header_code.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.../public_html/my shop/my admin/product_music.php on line 12.

[02-Jun-2021 22:06:37 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/modules/prod_cat_header_code.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php71/usr/share/pear') in /home/.../public_html/my shop/my admin/product_music.php on line 12
    Apparently prod_cat_header_code.php has been a deleted file in ZC since v1.5.5f, and is not present in my v1.5.7c. Admin/product_music.php has also since been deleted, but I have it present in my admin directory (not sure why or if it's necessary at all).
    If I remove
    Code:
      require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'prod_cat_header_code.php');
    from the file, then it will correctly direct me to the edit item form, but all of the defined field label names are stripped out.
    Removing the admin/product_music.php file completely stops the blank page and associated error, but the link takes me back to my admin home page, not the edit product page. The Most-Viewed Products report links are also behaving the same.
    Do I need the admin/product_music.php file? If not, and I delete it, how can I get the report links to take me to the edit product page? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error when clicking link in Product Stock Report

Try replacing your copy of admin/stats_products_lowstock.php with one from a fresh download - sounds like you may have an old copy.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Try replacing your copy of admin/stats_products_lowstock.php with one from a fresh download - sounds like you may have an old copy.
    Thank you. Unfortunately a fresh copy of stats_products_lowstock.php wasn't the problem. I removed the admin/product_music.php file completely, and installed the most recent stat files, but all the report links still return me to the admin home page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph M View Post
    Removing the admin/product_music.php file completely stops the blank page and associated error, but the link takes me back to my admin home page, not the edit product page. The Most-Viewed Products report links are also behaving the same.
    Do I need the admin/product_music.php file? If not, and I delete it, how can I get the report links to take me to the edit product page? Thank you.
    Although I don't use the low stock report I thought I would check this out. On a site upgraded to ZCv1.57c, in Product Stock Report

for a product with document type 1 (product_general) the link is:

index.php?cmd=product&product_type=1&cPath=32_26&pID=253&action=new_product

and clicking it takes me to the correct product edit page.

for a product with document type 4 (document_product) the link is:

index.php?cmd=document_product&product_type=4&cPath=36_39&pID=362&action=new_pro duct

and clicking it takes me to the admin home page - no error logs.

Edit: not sure why there's a space in 'new_product' it wasn't there when I created this post

BTW, I think Admin > Reports > Products Low Stock should be renamed to reflect the actual title of the page i.e. Product Stock Report
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

I see that this has been addressed for ZCv1.58, I'll try it when I have time.

https://github.com/zencart/zencart/c...7af601943107fa

I should have checked GitHub before posting.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Although I don't use the low stock report I thought I would check this out. On a site upgraded to ZCv1.57c, in Product Stock Report

for a product with document type 1 (product_general) the link is:

index.php?cmd=product&product_type=1&cPath=32_26&pID=253&action=new_product

and clicking it takes me to the correct product edit page.

for a product with document type 4 (document_product) the link is:

index.php?cmd=document_product&product_type=4&cPath=36_39&pID=362&action=new_pro duct

and clicking it takes me to the admin home page - no error logs.

Edit: not sure why there's a space in 'new_product' it wasn't there when I created this post

BTW, I think Admin > Reports > Products Low Stock should be renamed to reflect the actual title of the page i.e. Product Stock Report
    I'm using the music product, type 2, almost exclusively. But after reading your post, I tried to click through the Gift Certificate product, type 1, and it went to the editing form. Neither link produces an error log after deleting admin/product_music.php (which appears unnecessary and requires an includes/modules/prod_cat_header_code.php file, both officially removed in v1.5.5f).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    I see that this has been addressed for ZCv1.58, I'll try it when I have time.

https://github.com/zencart/zencart/c...7af601943107fa

I should have checked GitHub before posting.
    Thank you, Simon. That worked great. I applied the fixes to the stock, items viewed, and items ordered reports.
    In the files handling those stats, all instances of
    Code:
    $type_handler, '&product_type
    change to
    Code:
    FILENAME_PRODUCT, '&product_type

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph M View Post
    I'm using the music product, type 2, almost exclusively. But after reading your post, I tried to click through the Gift Certificate product, type 1, and it went to the editing form. Neither link produces an error log after deleting admin/product_music.php (which appears unnecessary and requires an includes/modules/prod_cat_header_code.php file, both officially removed in v1.5.5f).
    These discrepancies are because a process used to upgrade the site wasn't followed. As discovered, moving from one version to another sometimes involves changing the content of a file, adding a file, and also now discovered removing a file.

While some of the earlier upgrade process instructions are not blatantly clear about the need to remove files from older versions, the direction is in there. Note that a file that remains may impact operation. Sure the issue described in this thread has a published correction, but coming to that solution was through two different error paths when trying the same operation.

Anyways, the presence of admin/product_music.php is not specifically a problem, but consider what files that end with the php extension are still in catalog and/or admin folders such as includes/extra_configures, includes/extra_datafiles, includes/functions/extra_functions, (catalog only) includes/modules/pages, etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...