Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    531
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    help question Need to remove the "Add To Cart: qty box" for all products

    Am I missing a setting somewhere or can you only remove the "Add To Cart: qty box" one product at a time on the product page?
    I want the Add to cart BUTTON on there, but not the option to add a qty since all of my products are considered as individuals with their own unique Inventory #.
    I found out how to remove it on the product page but I will be uploading using EP and need it to NOT show for ALL products in this store.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,913
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Need to remove the "Add To Cart: qty box" for all products

    So... Do this.

    Set two product to be two different ways.
    One to have the box and look the way "they all" look.
    Set one (or know which one's) are set to only show the button.

    Export so that both those product show (likely many others as well)...

    What differences exist between the two that you can't obviously explain away? (unless you have copied a product to do this, then would say that it would be obvious that the product description is different.)

    I'm suggesting this as a learning tool.

    Otherwise the question would be, what change was made in the admin to go from one state to another? (again could use an export of that product before/after the change to determine)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    531
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Need to remove the "Add To Cart: qty box" for all products

    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So... Do this.

    Set two product to be two different ways.
    One to have the box and look the way "they all" look.
    Set one (or know which one's) are set to only show the button.

    Export so that both those product show (likely many others as well)...

    What differences exist between the two that you can't obviously explain away? (unless you have copied a product to do this, then would say that it would be obvious that the product description is different.)

    I'm suggesting this as a learning tool.

    Otherwise the question would be, what change was made in the admin to go from one state to another? (again could use an export of that product before/after the change to determine)
    There is only 1 test item in there that I manually put in myself.
    I wanted to see what shows up and what happens upon checkout
    When I add them through EP I don't want that to show, so thought there might be a setting I haven't found with my searching the forum or if the only option is in the product page itself?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,913
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Need to remove the "Add To Cart: qty box" for all products

    So the product listing configuration has an option to show the add-to-cart and the add-to-cart with quantity box. That takes care of when the product is in a listing.

    But...

    I think that there is an aspect of EP that has been missed.
    For one, the test file to which you allowed me access, that file mostly had tabs that support importing/exporting data associated with having quantity discounts and possibly having a special price appllied.

    That file did not include all of the fields that would include the field(s) (learning from above to be had) to be set to hide the quantity box. The ability to change information that is on the admin's product page is exactly what EP is designed to do, so it is not like using EP4 would then require you to go to each page of product and adjust a setting. That just doesn't make sense.

    When you have eoither clicked on a link or used the dropdowns along the top to export data, which one(s) have you accessed and then looked over? Generally speaking this can be answered by identifying the "sections" in the lower left that have a file in them.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    7,852
    Plugin Contributions
    108

    Default Re: Need to remove the "Add To Cart: qty box" for all products

    Try setting the Product Qty Maximum field to 1 for one of these products and see if this produces the behavior you want.

    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/products/product_units/

    Or perhaps try the Product Quantity Box Shows setting.
    Last edited by swguy; 12 Jun 2021 at 02:49 PM.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,344
    Plugin Contributions
    15

    Default Re: Need to remove the "Add To Cart: qty box" for all products

    Quote Originally Posted by LilleyPadGifts View Post
    Am I missing a setting somewhere or can you only remove the "Add To Cart: qty box" one product at a time on the product page?
    I want the Add to cart BUTTON on there, but not the option to add a qty since all of my products are considered as individuals with their own unique Inventory #.
    I found out how to remove it on the product page but I will be uploading using EP and need it to NOT show for ALL products in this store.
    So, if I got this right, you want the qty box hidden for all items in your store for the product_info page. I'd do the following:
    #1 admin->Configuration->Product Info->Product Quantity Box Status - Adding New Products->0
    This will change the default setting for your admin product page when manually adding products to disable the qty box.

    #2 run the following SQL Patch (admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches)
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE products CHANGE products_qty_box_status products_qty_box_status TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
    This will change the default database setting for the qty box in case you're using EP or DbIo to import products

    #3 run the following SQL Patch
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_qty_box_status='0';
    This will update all of your existing products and hide the qty box if it was showing before.

    Remember to change the setting for "Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location" in all listing pages (Product Listing, New, Featured and All) from the Configuration menu.
    Zen Cart Point of Sale? Sure: ZX POS - v2 released
    My site - Pro ZC Help | My portfolio | My plugins

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    531
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Need to remove the "Add To Cart: qty box" for all products

    Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Try setting the Product Qty Maximum field to 1 for one of these products and see if this produces the behavior you want.

    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/products/product_units/

    Or perhaps try the Product Quantity Box Shows setting.
    That is within the Product page when manually adding a product right?
    That works, but I plan on adding most products to this particular shop using EP4 and there isn't a column to set that to show or not.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    531
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Need to remove the "Add To Cart: qty box" for all products

    And now EP stopped working correctly.
    It uploads but when you click on a product your get a "page not found" error



    Page Not Found

    Custom 404 Error Page with Site Map Sample Text ...
    Put your custom "page not found" message here. You can change this text in the Define Pages Editor located under Tools in the Admin.
    Last edited by LilleyPadGifts; 12 Jun 2021 at 09:31 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,913
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Need to remove the "Add To Cart: qty box" for all products

    Quote Originally Posted by LilleyPadGifts View Post
    That is within the Product page when manually adding a product right?
    That works, but I plan on adding most products to this particular shop using EP4 and there isn't a column to set that to show or not.
    As previously (in part) described in the EP4 forum thread, if a column that is in the products table is not included in a standard EP4 export, then it can be added via the user defined fields.

    In this case, adding the following to the user defined fields would make it accessible on export and import: products_quantity_order_max
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,913
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Need to remove the "Add To Cart: qty box" for all products

    Quote Originally Posted by LilleyPadGifts View Post
    And now EP stopped working correctly.
    It uploads but when you click on a product your get a "page not found" error



    Page Not Found

    Custom 404 Error Page with Site Map Sample Text ...
    Put your custom "page not found" message here. You can change this text in the Define Pages Editor located under Tools in the Admin.
    Check your csv file... Until sufficient information has been presented, I wouldn't say that EP4 "incorrectly" worked. it processes the data that has been provided to it. Please provide more explanations in your posts.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. v157 How to remove "All Products" "New Products" from the side menu?
    By shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22 May 2021, 08:09 AM
  2. How to remove ellipses ("...") after "All Products" and "New Products" on home page?
    By jthurman in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18 May 2010, 03:30 PM
  3. Remove "Add: [ ]" and "Add selected products to cart" from product pages? possible?
    By edwardtilbury in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 1 Sep 2008, 03:13 AM
  4. Inside the "Categories" box it says "New Products" and "All Products"...
    By john9 in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25 Feb 2007, 07:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR