Plugin Contributions

help question Shipping Table up to 25 items, then what?

I have by shipping options set as a table, but is there an option to show "if over 25 then we will calculate?"
    I will be having an option on checkout to NOT checkout but to Invoice for other reason so my site isn't about them buying and paying immediately, but in the code for the table I obviously can't but "will invoice" since it only accepts numbers.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Table up to 25 items, then what?

To what table are you referring? Why is 25 identified as a magic number is that some sort of default value that you're wanting to overcome or is it a number selected to support whatever the solution to this issue is? Where is this "only numbers" thing? Understand that if the intention of the "numbers" is to perhaps represent a quantity, then maybe some specific quantity either negative or positive could represent the "cut-off" point or yes, as information is rolled out to the screen if there X or more items display Y.

I don't even want to start guessing at all of my possible responses. Please, when posting, consider everyone else's perspective: generally a blank page with the picture/situation described by the author. Obviously actually seeing the page itself via visiting the site is usually the most "descriptive" but, whatever works. Remember also, there are actually people on this site that have no site and yet are happily contributing through discussions and code improvement. Putting a picture with no description is likely to not offer those individuals any understanding.

Now while I say that, they probably try to hit fast forward when they get to any of my posts, but I know I write "too much". :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

> I have by shipping options set as a table, but is there an option to show "if over 25 then we will calculate?"

You'll need to write custom code to handle this. Steps:

a) Create a new variable in the configuration table called SHIPPING_TBD_THRESHOLD (or something like that), and set the value to 25.
    b) Create a new shipping module called "TBD" or something like that which tells people they will be separately invoiced for shipping. Only enable this when > SHIPPING_TBD_THRESHOLD items are in the cart.
    c) Disable the Table shipping module when > SHIPPING_TBD_THRESHOLD items are in the cart.
    d) Add language to your checkout shipping page to describe this.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    To what table are you referring? Why is 25 identified as a magic number is that some sort of default value that you're wanting to overcome or is it a number selected to support whatever the solution to this issue is? Where is this "only numbers" thing? Understand that if the intention of the "numbers" is to perhaps represent a quantity, then maybe some specific quantity either negative or positive could represent the "cut-off" point or yes, as information is rolled out to the screen if there X or more items display Y.

I don't even want to start guessing at all of my possible responses. Please, when posting, consider everyone else's perspective: generally a blank page with the picture/situation described by the author. Obviously actually seeing the page itself via visiting the site is usually the most "descriptive" but, whatever works. Remember also, there are actually people on this site that have no site and yet are happily contributing through discussions and code improvement. Putting a picture with no description is likely to not offer those individuals any understanding.

Now while I say that, they probably try to hit fast forward when they get to any of my posts, but I know I write "too much". :)
    Why is every response from you feel like a freakin lecture? Other people get what I'm asking and respond. It isn't that you write too much... its that none of it makes sense to someone who doesn't do this for a living day in and day out... and most times there is a very condescending tone to it as well.
    I'm doing the best I can describing the help I need. Coming off of a serious illness so maybe I don't catch on to all of it the way I used to, but please stop telling me to do something for a learning experience... I'm not here to LEARN because after I do this, I probably won't ever make another shop again. I just need to get my stuff out there for those waiting to purchase so I can keep a roof over my head and internet and lights on.

If more info is needed, just a question would be enough... like "what is the 25 in reference to?
    I would then say the number of books purchased. Up to 25 books is $16.00 for a Med. Flat Rate Box. I set some other quantities with other amounts to combine FR envelopes and boxes. Its just hard to judge how many would be a limit so it was best to show that over a certain amount they will need to be invoiced. Just like if they buy from more then one shop on the site, they will need to be invoiced for shipping. There just isn't an option to put that in the shipping tables....it wants numbers not text.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LilleyPadGifts View Post
    Why is every response from you feel like a freakin lecture? Other people get what I'm asking and respond. It isn't that you write too much... its that none of it makes sense to someone who doesn't do this for a living day in and day out... and most times there is a very condescending tone to it as well.
    I'm doing the best I can describing the help I need. Coming off of a serious illness so maybe I don't catch on to all of it the way I used to, but please stop telling me to do something for a learning experience... I'm not here to LEARN because after I do this, I probably won't ever make another shop again. I just need to get my stuff out there for those waiting to purchase so I can keep a roof over my head and internet and lights on.

If more info is needed, just a question would be enough... like "what is the 25 in reference to?
    I would then say the number of books purchased. Up to 25 books is $16.00 for a Med. Flat Rate Box. I set some other quantities with other amounts to combine FR envelopes and boxes. Its just hard to judge how many would be a limit so it was best to show that over a certain amount they will need to be invoiced. Just like if they buy from more then one shop on the site, they will need to be invoiced for shipping. There just isn't an option to put that in the shipping tables....it wants numbers not text.
    I've never used this "shipping tables option", nothing provided here has identified how to get to it and still don't understand how I would set one from anything posted here, neither would anyone who also didn't have past experience. Someone else guessed well and/or knew what was being discussed, cool.

Asked more than one question because I had more than one based on the limited information I had. Trying to help the interactions be more productive as I would think that someone that wanted to just get an answer and move on would provide as much information as possible. This way there wouldn't be a back and forth of question and answer over a long period of time and with added aggravation.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I've never used this "shipping tables option", nothing provided here has identified how to get to it and still don't understand how I would set one from anything posted here, neither would anyone who also didn't have past experience. Someone else guessed well and/or knew what was being discussed, cool.

Asked more than one question because I had more than one based on the limited information I had. Trying to help the interactions be more productive as I would think that someone that wanted to just get an answer and move on would provide as much information as possible. This way there wouldn't be a back and forth of question and answer over a long period of time and with added aggravation.
    It clearly said Shipping Table in the title … so if you don’t know anything about that module why in the hell did you respond and condemn me for not putting enough information out there. Not everyone knows the info needed and in this case the info was there you just didn’t know anything about it.

Plugin Contributions

It clearly said Shipping Table in the title … so if you don’t know anything about that module why in the hell did you respond and condemn me for not putting enough information out there. Not everyone knows the info needed and in this case the info was there you just didn’t know anything about it.
    Never said that were using a/the/which module...

I know plenty about tables associated with shipping, I use them frequently in identifying all of the details necessary to ensure that a customer is accurately charged the shipping price that would be expected for a product of a given size, weight, etc...

Something like:
    When I access the shipping modules and select the Table Rate program or whatever its called, I have a block on the right side to fill in with the title of Shipping Table. The sample text there says: "The shipping cost is based on the total cost or weight of items or count of the items. Example: 25:8.50,50:5.50,etc.. Up to 25 charge 8.50, from there to 50 charge 5.50, etc
    You can also use percentage amounts, such 25:8.50,35:5%,40:9.50,10000:7% to charge a percentage value of the Order Total", but I want to do something special once the total count of items reaches 25...

Sorry, no learning to be had here and further I have no problem in not helping someone that doesn't want help.

Plugin Contributions

I have by shipping options set as a table, but is there an option to show "if over 25 then we will calculate?"
    I will be having an option on checkout to NOT checkout but to Invoice for other reason so my site isn't about them buying and paying immediately, but in the code for the table I obviously can't but "will invoice" since it only accepts numbers.
    OK, here's a "dirty" version of how it could be done. There are multiple ways and much better solutions, but it would require a bit more coding, which you're obviously not interested in... And I understand that, some (if not most) people just want their site to work as required and focus on their business.

Modify your includes/modules/shipping/table.php (assuming you're using the Table Rate shipping module). Find the following lines:
    Code:
    // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
        if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
          $this->enabled = (MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_STATUS == 'True');
        }
    and add AFTER:
    Code:
    // BOF disable module if more than 25 items in cart
        if(!IS_ADMIN_FLAG && $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() > 25) {
            $this->enabled = false;
        }
        // EOF disable module if more than 25 items in cart
    This is what you're supposed to see after the edits:
    Code:
    // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
        if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
          $this->enabled = (MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_STATUS == 'True');
        }
        // BOF disable module if more than 25 items in cart
        if(!IS_ADMIN_FLAG && $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() > 25) {
            $this->enabled = false;
        }
        // EOF disable module if more than 25 items in cart
    Next, you could use the existing freeoptions module. Install it, remove the Total value and set "Item Count >=" to 26. And lastly, rename the module - edit your includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/freeoptions.php to something like:
    Code:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TEXT_TITLE', 'Shipping costs to be calculated later');
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEOPTIONS_TEXT_WAY', 'Quote Later');
    It will show $0.00 as shipping costs, but the text should make it clear that it will be calculated afterwards. Perhaps an additional few lines in your Terms and your Shipping Info pages wouldn't hurt...

P.S. Hope your illness is now behind you and you're doing well now.