Vanilla 1.57c test installation, with no plugins except the Fluorspar template.

I'm about to pull my hair out trying to get the EZ Pages to work properly. What's really frustrating is that I did have this working, but started over fresh because I wasn't happy with the first template I tried. Now I can not keep all the pages from showing to the customer, even though all but the first one are chapters that should be linked to the first one and not display separately.

All the pages have the same chapter number. TOC is turned on for all of them. Yet they are all being displayed in the header, rather than only the top 'title' page. I can't remember what I did earlier to make this work properly. I have read all the docs over and over.