Plugin Contributions

Default Install order for Plugins

I have had some odd issues with using certain plugins. This well could me just screwing up the install. Is there any specific order that is needed? I have listed below the items I need to install. 1) does order matter? and 2) what order would you do this?

ZC Version 1.5.7c
    One Page Checkout
    • IH5
    • Flourspar Template
    • Stock by Attribute
    • Easy Populate
    • Edit orders
    • Backup MySQL
    • Clone a template
    • Cross Sell Advanced

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Install order for Plugins

I would start with some of the admin plugins first, specifically, I would do Backup Mysql first. Why? Hopefully obvious, but able to make a database backup along the way.
    I would then make a backup between each/most of the following installs as a "habit" not necessarily always by necessity. This is also thinking that this is a new install with no database upgrade to be done. The approach may be a little different with a database upgrade.

Next, clone a template. This will offer the opportunity to basically keep a running template of the install of each additional software.

I would then say the flourspar template.
    Clone it and use the clone for modifications of adding other software.

I would then do one page checkout at this point as it is template related as well.

The remaining software? I would recommend edit orders before SBA just to support testing before introducing software that integrates with other programs. I would probably install IH5 (Image Handler 5) before SBA also, again to have independent operation confirmed. The little image "work" that SBA performs is less important in my opinion than IH5.

Cross Sell Advanced, well, may not really see functionality until there is some sort of history against which to establish or setup. I mean, if something in the install is done wrong, will likely get a blank or partial blank screen, but...
    Easy Populate can be installed at any time and is or should be independent of all of the above...

Make notes along the way of what was done, make backups of the database and can do the same with clone a template.

Afterwards, clean up the unneeded files.

But I don't see anything that "requires" a sequence. If upgrading a database (carrying an existing store over), the template install and/or IH5 may have some issues, but IH5 should go smoothly or at least easily.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to get Backup SQL first. exec() is not enabled and I am checking with my host to see if they can enable it for me. The backup instructions are not fully aligned with my version of phpAdmin. I have Version 4.9.4 and there are more options and some of the requirements are not listed. I hope to get this plugin working but there might be some need for others to have the database backup instructions updated.

Plugin Contributions

I figured it would help if I included the screenshots of how my version of phpAdmin shows all the export options.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 06-19-21 at 10.53 AM.PNG 
Views:	25 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	19640

Name:	Screen Shot 06-19-21 at 10.54 AM 001.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	19641

Name:	Screen Shot 06-19-21 at 10.54 AM.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	19642

Name:	Screen Shot 06-19-21 at 10.55 AM.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	19643

Plugin Contributions

When using phpMyAdmin to export a Zen Cart database, I normally check "Custom" (as above), then change Compression to gzipped and tick the ADD DROP TABLE ... checkbox prior to clicking the Go button.

Plugin Contributions

I guess I am confused. I was following https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/runni...-your-database

But the step

Tick “Complete Inserts” (helpful during upgrades if you have many custom fields added by modifications made to your site)
    Tick “Extended Inserts” to help keep the file smaller, especially if you are just making backups for safekeeping and not for troubleshooting something.

are not listed. I think this is the third bullet in my last screenshot. Would you leave the last two items checked in that screenshot as well?

Plugin Contributions

Those additional settings might be dependent on the version of phpMyAdmin in use.