Thread: Barcode Scanner

Plugin Contributions

Default Barcode Scanner

I did not know where to put this so I am opting for general. While this is not specifically a ZC question, there are lots of experienced online store providers here. I am making the final uploads for my wife's website today. The problem for me is that she also goes out to craft shows and sells items there. I know that I can use EZ Populate or other tools to make inventory adjustments. However, I do not see a way of being able to scan barcodes and just save the data. This sort of encroaches on POS but I just want to be able to scan everything she sells at a show and store that data for import later. Scan with App? Buy barcode scanner? Save to csv, text, excel?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Chris

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Barcode Scanner

You might take a look at my POS plugin that might be helpful for your scenario. You could be using it at the craft shows (on a tablet or laptop or even mobile), but you'd be running every sale through the site as a standalone order, it would not be all together as one sale. The commercial version of the plugin has more features and would allow you to import a CSV file and place it as a single order, but here is not the place to discuss it.

As for barcode scanners - yes, you'd probably need one. There's a huuuuge selection available, wired or wireless, and then there's the ones that have internal memory so you could just use the scanner to scan the code and have it saved in the scanner's memory and then at the end of the day connect it to your computer and retrieve a csv list.
    I've tried quite a few apps, but still haven't found one that would be as simple to use as a barcode scanner...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Barcode Scanner

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    You might take a look at my POS plugin that might be helpful for your scenario. You could be using it at the craft shows (on a tablet or laptop or even mobile), but you'd be running every sale through the site as a standalone order, it would not be all together as one sale. The commercial version of the plugin has more features and would allow you to import a CSV file and place it as a single order, but here is not the place to discuss it.

As for barcode scanners - yes, you'd probably need one. There's a huuuuge selection available, wired or wireless, and then there's the ones that have internal memory so you could just use the scanner to scan the code and have it saved in the scanner's memory and then at the end of the day connect it to your computer and retrieve a csv list.
    I've tried quite a few apps, but still haven't found one that would be as simple to use as a barcode scanner...
    I never considered that a barcode scanner could have its own memory..DOH! It just never occurred to me. That may be just what I am looking for