Plugin Contributions

Default Installed and the zcadmin link doesn't work

HI new here and just installed Zen Cart on my website (hosted on CPanel). I installed it using softaculous, it installed perfectly fine,
    sent me the email with links to my store and to the admin but when I click either link I get a 500 error code page
    if you go here you will see what I mean https://tracyscreations.ca/Store/
    even the zcadmin link looks identical
    I don't understand what to do did I miss something I need to do before installing cart? I know the last time I used zen cart it installed (same website) Years ago (think it was 2014) but then I deleted everything after about a year and started from scratch and now I'm ready to start using a cart again with a new business adventure. so I installed it but never got the initial install.
    I am usually a very quick learner (like I said I had no problems with my cart in 2014) but I need some guidance on what I did or didn't do wrong maybe I didn't delete all the files I needed to before setting up or I deleted the wrong file before installing hmmm
    reading the error logs keep saying stuff about PHP so am thinking maybe something is messed up on the servers end? or maybe they need to update something so that the newer ZenCart can work I don't know like I said I'm fairly new but learn fast if someone wants to give me a direction to start in

Thanks
    (I apologize if I just sound all confusing ... that's what my head feels like right now LOL )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installed and the zcadmin link doesn't work

i just remembered something LOL the last time (2014) i had zen cart I had to install from a zip file and the person running the server had to do something on his end for me to install ..... but now he told me to just use the softaculous installer and install it which I did and It doesn't work

Plugin Contributions

While the auto-installer does arrange some things for you (setup a database, database userid and such), the files should really come from a Zen Cart source such as from the main page of this forum.

You could post some of those log errors (ideally should not divulge your admin directory name.

It appears that may also want to share the contents of the htaccess file that is in the Shop directory and/or in the root if there is not one in the Shop directory.

How are you on having/using tools such as cPanel file manager, ftp, or other file access/edit tools?

Basically without seeing the content of the error logs, we all can only take potentially educated guesses. The more homework you do on your side to give potentially helpful info, the easier it is to either weed out or ask for information.

For example, said something about deleting files, which? Was this software installed to a new directory or did it overwrite an existing directory? Etc... tell us things that we can't see so those that read can try to determine what is or did happen.

As far as uploading the zip or all of the files from the zip, that's mostly a matter of taste and access. You own your site so should be able to do the zip file and decompress.

Now,
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    While the auto-installer does arrange some things for you (setup a database, database userid and such), the files should really come from a Zen Cart source such as from the main page of this forum.

You could post some of those log errors (ideally should not divulge your admin directory name.

It appears that may also want to share the contents of the htaccess file that is in the Shop directory and/or in the root if there is not one in the Shop directory.

How are you on having/using tools such as cPanel file manager, ftp, or other file access/edit tools?

Basically without seeing the content of the error logs, we all can only take potentially educated guesses. The more homework you do on your side to give potentially helpful info, the easier it is to either weed out or ask for information.

For example, said something about deleting files, which? Was this software installed to a new directory or did it overwrite an existing directory? Etc... tell us things that we can't see so those that read can try to determine what is or did happen.

As far as uploading the zip or all of the files from the zip, that's mostly a matter of taste and access. You own your site so should be able to do the zip file and decompress.

Now,
    this is from the log in the admin folder (the one I need to access so I can set up my store sigh)

[17-Jun-2021 00:09:09 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: magickwand: Unable to initialize module
    Module compiled with module API=20060613
    PHP compiled with module API=20100525
    These options need to match
    in Unknown on line 0
    [17-Jun-2021 00:09:09 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: imagick: Unable to initialize module
    in Unknown on line 0
    [17-Jun-2021 00:09:09 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: PDO: Unable to initialize module
    in Unknown on line 0
    [17-Jun-2021 00:09:09 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: pdo_sqlite: Unable to initialize module
    in Unknown on line 0
    [17-Jun-2021 00:09:09 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/php52/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so' - /opt/php52/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so: undefined symbol: third_arg_force_ref in Unknown on line 0
    [17-Jun-2021 00:09:09 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: pdo_mysql: Unable to initialize module
    in Unknown on line 0
    [17-Jun-2021 00:09:09 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: SourceGuardian: Unable to initialize module
    in Unknown on line 0
    [17-Jun-2021 00:09:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Directive 'allow_call_time_pass_reference' is no longer available in PHP in Unknown on line 0

THE log from the store basically says exact same thing

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post

OK not sure which .htaccess you need to see... I have one in main website (tracyscreations.ca) directory, none in store directory but there are a bunch in all the other directories within the store including the admin folder

I'm curious (with not knowing how an htaccess file is supposed to look like) if my cpanel is not allowing any scripts to be run am thinking I may need to get my person to turn access on for allowing my scripting am thinking it's somehow been turned off hmmm

as for using tools etc on cpanel am not too bad at using them been with cpanel for quite a while ... however websites sure have changed since Frontpage LOL so am still learning hahah my basic "Page is under construction while I learn how to make one" page right now was done using Expression web 4 LOL then uploaded
    even with that I'm a little lost and still learning ... a lot has changed since Frames and HTML 4 LOL (which i was pretty darn good at back in the day haha then I slacked off for many many years and now I know nothing LOL )

Plugin Contributions

So the error message(s) relate to the server's software which is not specifically a Zen Cart thing. By that I mean, its not a Zen Cart "setting" or file issue. Its been a little while since I've seen and/or addressed that sort of compile/version mismatch. There are posts in the forum about it and there are plenty of sites out there that focus on that type issue. I think its been at least a year since I've dealt with it.

As for the .htaccess file(s). So, it looks to me from above that the desire is to have a Zen Cart store installed in the sub-directory of Store. Meaning "https: domain/Store".

So that we are on the same page, the root of the cart (Store) does not normally have an .htaccess as Zen Cart doesn't need one and one is not provided.

.htaccess files are somewhat "cumulative". The "one" at the root of the server is reviewed and processed, then the one (if it exists) within the desired directory, then the one within the desired sub-directory, etc... the one in the root of your domain, may contain direction that affects the catalog, but... the error message(s) provided tell a different story though. There may be no problem with the .htaccess file(s), but in a way need to gather some more information. Talk to your host though about those messages and then can try to tackle the next issue if it exists. Note, that most times the auto-installed version shows some issues in attempting to check out/make a new customer account.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...