Thread: Sendy e-mail

Plugin Contributions

Default Sendy e-mail

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has used sendy for sending emails out for newsletters etc.

At present I am sending out about 8000 emails a month and getting notifications from my server because I am sending out a large amount of emails.

It was suggested to me to use sendy https://sendy.co/ any help advise would be appreciated regarding the compatability with Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sendy e-mail

It should work with Zen Cart. I have suggested it for large volume emailers but haven't had anyone willing to try it yet.

Please post back your experiences.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/email/newsletters/
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

email error Re: Sendy e-mail

You could also have a friendly coder make email groups like this:

With any amount of purpose or filtering you want.

For example, if your server limit is 250 per day, we break the customer groups into < 250 blocks and perhaps it also filters for new clients - past 3 months only. Many options are available with Zen and some fresh new code before the cost of free services
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    You could also have a friendly coder make email groups like this:

With any amount of purpose or filtering you want.

For example, if your server limit is 250 per day, we break the customer groups into < 250 blocks and perhaps it also filters for new clients - past 3 months only. Many options are available with Zen and some fresh new code before the cost of free services
    I'll have to disagree with this idea - IMHO it's something that should be avoided at all cost.

#1 - First of all, let's assume your hourly email limit is 250 (although it's usually a bit higher, more like 500). This literrally means you can send 250 emails per hour. You must immediately put aside at least 50 because you might still want to send other emails, such as your communication with customers, you might receive a few orders (2 emails per order if not more), you might do an order status update, someone might use your contact form etc etc. So, at 200 per hour, how long til you complete your campaign?

#2 - Your action is required for each round of emails. It's not automated, you must select the group and send manually. If you're sending 200 per hour, how many cycles do you need to complete? Let's say you have 2000 subscribers - you'll need to click those few buttons once every hour for 10 hours...

#3 - How long before your IP and your domain get blacklisted? Chances of getting blacklisted are extremely high and it's not a matter of "if" it's gonna happen, but "when" it's gonna happen. And once it happens, most if not all of your emails will end up in spam folders, especially gmail and similar. Road to recovery is not simple.

Zen Cart is designed for ecommerce, not for marketing. There are so many different providers for email marketing nowadays, some more and some less expensive, and several standalone solutions as well, that it just doesn't make much sense misusing your own site. Could your family sedan haul a 5 tonn trailer? It probably could with a few minor modifications, but would it be a good idea to do it? How would it affect your car, especially longterm?
    I've used Acelle several times with some of my clients and they all loved it. I believe Sendy is pretty much the same thing, especially when used in combination with Amazon SES.

Just my 2c.

Plugin Contributions

It's all about scale and focus. Sure you could automate this, send useful content and respect not spamming folks... my small/medium clients also benefit from focused send groups in very few clicks contained within the environment they are working.

Larger clients of course need to use the free-to-paid emailing systems to scale up for the reasons you have listed.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.