Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping address coming back wrong

I have been having a problem with the shipping address being wrong. It has happened on two different websites. Both are hosted on Hostmonster with PHP Version 7.4.20

ZC 1.5.5f is the first site and I have usps and ups both installed. The customer tried to use his PayPal Acct and was unable to Log in once he was taken to the PayPal site. He felt his password was wrong or PP was down, and came back to my site planning on using a cCard. His shopping cart was empty so he put the products back into his cart, and when he went to check out, he saw the correct shipping address. When he got an email confirming his order the shipping address was wrong, which was his billing address. I talked with him on the phone and he seemed to have good details. He is a repeat customer and already had an acct on my site.

ZC 1.5.5e This guy also a repeat customer, with an acct on this other site, tried to use PP and kept getting a PP error code, then gave up and used a cCard. My site and PP establish communication and when the shipping address came back he said he saw the right shipping address. Once the order went thru the shipping address was his old address from 5 years ago. Once he reported this to me, I logged into his account from the user side and saw that his old address was NOT in the shopping cart. It had to come from PP, which is why I'm listing it here.

I have never had a problem like this before. These both happened within the last 10 days. I ask myself, what has changed?

Has anyone had a problem like this? Any suggestions on what to check???

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping address coming back wrong

I wish for you that I had more information. I recall seeing issues similar to this back in the ZC 1.5.5 days and I believe that they have been addressed in newer versions. Some of the associated issues were the "cancellation" of the order, potential digital or maybe it was downloadable or virtual product incorrectly setup, that in this loop the shipping address became otherwise set, etc...

All those (and perhaps more) being an issue, note that ZC 1.5.5 was written to support I think a max of php 7.0 if not php 5.6. The oldest version reported to support php 7.4 is the latest version of ZC 1.5.7c. Because of this, the php version alone may be the issue or some other logic that has been improved upon.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...