Plugin Contributions

help question PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ctype_digit()

I am currently using Zencart 1.5.4 and I have decided to do a new install of 1.5.7c in a different folder and do some major changes/upgrades. I have upgraded the PHP to 7.4.
    I am getting the 500 Error after clicking on the new install link and the following is in the log (used MyURLFolder in place of address).

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ctype_digit() in /MyURLFolder/zc_install/includes/vendors/yaml/lib/class.sfYamlInline.php:402
    Stack trace:
    #0 /MyURLFolder/zc_install/includes/vendors/yaml/lib/class.sfYamlInline.php(202): sfYamlInline::evaluateScalar('systemChecks')
    #1 /MyURLFolder/zc_install/includes/vendors/yaml/lib/class.sfYamlParser.php(125): sfYamlInline:arseScalar('systemChecks')
    #2 /MyURLFolder/zc_install/includes/vendors/yaml/lib/class.sfYaml.php(97): sfYamlParser->parse('#\n# @copyright ...')
    #3 /MyURLFolder/zc_install/includes/classes/class.systemChecker.php(17): sfYaml::load('#\n# @copyright ...')
    #4 /MyURLFolder/zc_install/includes/modules/pages/index/header_php.php(28): systemChecker->__construct('admin')
    #5 /MyURLFolder/zc_install/index.php(40): require('/hermes/walnacw...')
    #6 {main}
    thrown in /MyURLFolder/zc_install/includes/vendors/yaml/lib/class.sfYamlInline.php on line 402

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong or need to change? Or direct me to the message thread that covers this issue? Thanks.
    Katrina Robb
    KatalinaKlark.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ctype_digit()

you need to contact your host and tell them to enable ctype.

you may be able to do it in your php.ini file. but your host should be able to direct you as to how to do it or do it for you.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ctype_digit()

Thank you. I made the change for ctype in the php.ini. There were other issues that my host server helped resolve, but this error stopped showing on the log.
    Katrina Robb
    KatalinaKlark.com