Plugin Contributions

Default Price Updates through

Zen Cart 1.5.6c
    Database Patch Level: 1.5.6
    Server OS: Linux 4.19.150-76.ELK.el6.x86_64
    Server: ApachePHP
    Version: 7.4.20 (Zend: 3.4.0)
    PHP File Uploads: OnUpload Max Size: 512MPHP Memory Limit: 256MPOST Max Size: 516MDatabase Engine: MySQL 5.6.41-84.1

Hey Zenners, Im working on this issue. We have 11,432 products in our store.
    Keeping up with price increases has been tough. I recently found the quick updates plug-in and it is amazing!

I think the HTML in our product descriptions is broken (or opens/closes new forms) and is breaking the submission when it submits when I have certain manufacturers it loads the same page without the changes.
    The only problem is if there is one product of the page price that has this issue, I cant update the pricing. It will just load the page again and none of the prices I just did will update.
    Im not 100% sure that's the issue but I think it might be. With this many product it hard to pinpoint it. Do you think theres anyway to clean up the description text on all the products? or make them all plain text, not sure what the best solution would be at this point but its beginning to become unmanageable especially with so many products and could really use some help. I really appreciate any help or guidance thank you thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Price Updates through

Has this issue been researched/posted about on the forum thread associated with the software being used? There may need to be a change to the plugin so that it works "better" for all and not to have to go and completely revamp your product. That doesn't mean that perhaps the problem product shouldn't be reviewed (May have unmatched tags or other issues). It does surprise me a little that any of the html code would be "activated" as part of this tool instead of providing a protected view of the content.

Otherwise there are mass update tools such as Easypopulate V4 or DBIO where mass updates could be made. Regardless the platform there is/will be some learning to be done to get up to speed.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Here is a screen record for reference:
    https://youtu.be/1WyDI12l3xs

Plugin Contributions

How many products are you displaying per page? This is most likely related to your php settings, specifically max_input_vars - it's usually set to 1000-2000, and you have roughly 8-10 per product, so it's quite easy to exceed the maximum because you're actually submitting the entire form, not just the product you've edited.
    You can go to admin->Tools->Server/Version Info and search for "max_input_vars" and do the math. You can use php.ini to change that setting - it's super simple, just Google it for instructions or ask here.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much! That worked was super simple too! Cant tell you how much I appreciate it