Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default prices wont update after a certain line number with script i am running

hi, i am using this "mod" called specialsbycategorys. it's an old oscommerce plugin i have used over the years and updated over the years. so what it does is allows you to drop down a category within a mfg or you can type the entire part numbers for a mfg and update all the pricing in one screen and also update pricing with discount pricing. this saves time from having to go through each part number through the products page esp when you have over 500 part numbers with pricing.

here is the problem, when you get to maybe the 160th part number to update pricing, after that, if you enter a new price, it does not update, the old price stays the same. yes you can go to that particular part number through products and update the pricing.

so is this a memory limit issue? i would think it's not. fyi, i just upgraded to 1.57c and it worked in 1.55d. the coding for this file was updated so it would work for my current php and mysql. php is 7.0.33. memory limit is 128M, max exec time is 30, max imput time is 60, post max size is 128M, upload max size is 128M. mysql is 5.1.73.

tia
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbc1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	19665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbc2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	19666  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: prices wont update after a certain line number with script i am running

Judging by the screenshot, I believe it's the same issue as here, and you'll probably just need to change your max_input_vars in your php.ini file.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: prices wont update after a certain line number with script i am running

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Judging by the screenshot, I believe it's the same issue as here, and you'll probably just need to change your max_input_vars in your php.ini file.
    thank you, i looked and i am dumb. i use plesk, the setting is not there, so i am assuming i have to sftp which i do have the software for. do you know which directory it would be under? also the max input var is set at 1000 according to zen cart admin server info

Plugin Contributions

Ok i have several sites on my server, so i found the specific php,ini for this particular website under /var/www/vhosts/system/website name/etc/php.ini

BUT it does not have max_input_vars in there. would i have to add it, if so how? or do i need to go deeper to the root directorys and find a "master" php.ini? thanks for your help

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by travbacon View Post
    do you know which directory it would be under? also the max input var is set at 1000 according to zen cart admin server info
    Yes, it's probably 1000, but I can see you have 3 input fields per row, one is definitely hidden (products_id) and who knows what else you're submitting, so yeah, it's super easy to reach 1000.

You can try adding a php.ini file to your admin directory - it's basically a txt file. So, create a new txt file, rename it to php.ini (just change the extension), and put a line like
    Code:
    max_input_vars = 10000
    Then check your admin->Tools->Server/Version Info for the admin value of max_input_vars (to make sure it's being picked up) and then try again.

IIRC, you can add custom php settings through Plesk, but that will apply to the domain, not just admin. I think it's better to have this php.ini file in your admin directory, instead of setting a new global value.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks just to clarify, each website domain has their own php.ini. So can I edit the current php.ini file and add max_input_vars and it will overwrite the global value set overall for the host server?

again thank you so much for you help

Plugin Contributions

also if so would max_input_vars=xxxxx be the correct syntax?

Plugin Contributions

i set it at 2000, it worked but further down, prices would not update, 10000, helped a little and could update further down, so instead of testing back and forth, i set it a 1,000,000 and works for what i need.

so would this affect anything on the zc site, like make things work weird?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by travbacon View Post
    so would this affect anything on the zc site, like make things work weird?
    No, it won't affect things visually.

It just increases the amount of RAM that PHP must allocate (an CPU cycles to do so) in order to handle the number of possible input values that could be sent by ANY page on your site. In practice the impact is probably minimal, causing just minor delay on most pages, and slightly longer delay on pages where you're actually submitting that many values.

You might want to experiment a little further to reduce it down a bit.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

i am willing to send this file to the zc crew to review and make necessary adjustments and upload it as a free plugin. this script is soooooo friggin helpful and saves so much time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast