Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot change save handler when headers already sent in

Hi to the Zen Team and to any member that might be able to help.

I have had a zen-cart on GoDaddy server for two years and has been running like a charm.
    Yesterday we moved it to their VPS offering I was hoping there would not be any issues but, I am getting the dreaded Cannot change save handler when headers already sent in

[16-Jul-2021 15:00:50 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=login&action=process&mp=universal, IP address: 41.157.71.81
    #1 session_set_save_handler() called at [/home/qyqesyxtkv7a/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php:250]
    #2 require(/home/qyqesyxtkv7a/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php) called at [/home/qyqesyxtkv7a/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php:27]
    #3 require(/home/qyqesyxtkv7a/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php) called at [/home/qyqesyxtkv7a/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php:52]
    #4 require(/home/qyqesyxtkv7a/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home/qyqesyxtkv7a/public_html/includes/application_top.php:181]
    #5 require(/home/qyqesyxtkv7a/public_html/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home/qyqesyxtkv7a/public_html/index.php:27]
    --> PHP Warning: session_set_save_handler(): Cannot change save handler when headers already sent in /home/qyqesyxtkv7a/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 250.

I have reviewed code for normal issues blank space or extra line but cannot find any and cleared any that might be.

The previous server
    • cPanel Version 86.0 (build 30)

• Apache Version 2.4.46

• PHP Version 5.6.40

• MySQL Version 5.6.51-cll-lve

New server
    • cPanel Version 96.0 (build 11)

• Apache Version 2.4.48

• PHP Version 7.4.21

• MySQL Version 5.7.34

Please Zen Masters your help would be much appreciated, I have a lot of upset customers

Best Regards and many thanks.
    Stay Safe
    thevirtualpostbox

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot change save handler when headers already sent in

Ummm. Zen Cart version?

Php was taken from 5.6 to 7.4. Store is 2 years old (no discussions of upgrades being performed), Zen Cart 1.5.7 (compatible with php 7.4) wasn't released until June of 2020 (just over a year ago now) as identified here: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....39#post1369939 So probably still using ZC 1.5.6. I seem to recall that there was possibly a sessions related issue when doing so and that is/was why one of the sessions files was updated/modified in a future version.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank Totally Zenned

I thought that may be an issue. So I downloaded a previous zen-cart-v1.5.6b and bought a new template
    theme869 Electronics Store Responsive ZenCart Template by WT

When I tried to install the them the installation crashed. undefined constant TEXT_ADMIN_TAB_PREFIX

[21-Jul-2021 16:43:07 UTC] Request URI: /oldShop/DoriS-aQj-bEach/keepalive.php, IP address: ::1
    #1 require(C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\DoriS-aQj-bEach\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php) called at [C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\includes\autoload_func.php:48]
    #2 require(C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\DoriS-aQj-bEach\includes\application_top.php:171]
    #3 require(C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\DoriS-aQj-bEach\includes\application_top.php) called at [C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\DoriS-aQj-bEach\keepalive.php:9]
    in C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\DoriS-aQj-bEach\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php on line 46.

Please could you give me the value for that constant.

Many thanks Best Regards

Stay Safe
    thevirtualpostbox

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thevirtualpostbox View Post
    Thank Totally Zenned

I thought that may be an issue. So I downloaded a previous zen-cart-v1.5.6b and bought a new template
    theme869 Electronics Store Responsive ZenCart Template by WT
    When I tried to install the them the installation crashed. undefined constant TEXT_ADMIN_TAB_PREFIX

[21-Jul-2021 16:43:07 UTC] Request URI: /oldShop/admin/keepalive.php, IP address: ::1
    #1 require(C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\admin\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php) called at [C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\includes\autoload_func.php:48]
    #2 require(C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\admin\includes\application_top.php:171]
    #3 require(C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\admin\includes\application_top.php) called at [C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\admin\keepalive.php:9]
    in C:\wamp64\www\oldShop\admin\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php on line 46.

Please could you give me the value for that constant.

Many thanks Best Regards

Stay Safe
    thevirtualpostbox
    That define is expected to be contained in admin/includes/languages/english.php
    A copy of that can be seen at: zencart/english.php at v156 · zencart/zencart (github.com)

If this new template overwrote that file, then something was more than likely done incorrectly. It is important to understand what defines are present (considered necessary for operation) and those things that are modified by a template. Normally even though, a template doesn't modify the admin side's template structure. This template may do that, but it is a commercial template. If it states compatibility with Zen Cart 1.5.6 then the template owner/developer should be able to explain why this issue was raised. Even if this one definition is addressed, it seems likely that other definitions will be missing/incorrect and we'll be back and forth about each individual define that is missing.

Note, generally speaking (at least at this point in operation/development) a missing define will not cause complete failure of loading the store/admin so it would seem that there is something else that is a more serious problem that has caused "failure". This issue may have caused a notice or possibly a warning, but not an error at PHP 7.4 (if 7.4 is still being incorrectly used)...

Why was 1.5.6b used and not the more recent 1.5.7c?

Another thing, when posting an admin myDEBUG log, should obscure the admin path folder name (calling it admin is sufficient).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...