Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Emails showing up in Spam

We have noticed that we are having to white list our store's email address to keep messages from going into the Spam folder when Gmail is used. I have validated our site with Google's Postmaster tool but we do not generate enough emails to even get a reputation just yet.

Is there anything I can do about this? I am sure that our customers are having the same issues. We have had a couple of smaller order issues where we have reached out only to receive no response. I know this is not really a ZC issue but any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Emails showing up in Spam

Go through the advice on the help site:
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/email/
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

The only item I have found that I cannot seem to do is

"change your email transport method to “SMTPAUTH” (or “sendmail -f” as a last resort). This will cause the messages to appear as they are coming from “you” instead of as coming from your server’s unsigned PHP."

After changing the transport method, I immediately get errors from ZC about " ERROR: Failed sending email to: "XXXXXXX" with subject: "Testing SMTPAuth" SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting"

I even have DKIM configured on the mail server but I do see any DKIM integration in ZC. SPF is not set and I am getting some odd error message "You can install the suggested “SPF” record locally. However, this server is not the authoritative nameserver. If you install this record, this change will not be effective. "

Plugin Contributions

DKIM and SPF are outside of Zen Cart. You will have to work with your hoster to get those set up. Likewise for SMTPAuth; your hoster may have a specific required setup for that.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

As I figured, you are on a blacklist. It often happens when you are on large servers with no screening for "bad guys".

The "bad guys" can afford to register a domain, send a few thousand emails and move on. By the time they are found out, they are gone and their IP has been tagged on one or more blacklists. It doesn't have to match your IP address exactly. You just have to be in the same IP "group" as the offender.

Your host will need to take care of this if they can.

And, you need to visit DMARC.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    As I figured, you are on a blacklist. It often happens when you are on large servers with no screening for "bad guys".

The "bad guys" can afford to register a domain, send a few thousand emails and move on. By the time they are found out, they are gone and their IP has been tagged on one or more blacklists. It doesn't have to match your IP address exactly. You just have to be in the same IP "group" as the offender.

Your host will need to take care of this if they can.

And, you need to visit DMARC.
    This is a dedicated IP that I have had for almost 10 years. I did move a few emails to reflexion some years due to some blacklisting issues. I have not used those in a while so I need to look at that. I am not sure how those MX records affect the other email addresses I have added since then.

How would [email protected] be treated if the server is radiant-holidays.com? I know nothing about this so any input is appreciated. Heck, even a "dummies" book might be suitable lol.

Plugin Contributions

I was able to find my IP on UCEPROTECTL2. I will be contacting my host tonight as I do not send enough messages to end up on anyone's list! Thanks for the input!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    I was able to find my IP on UCEPROTECTL2. I will be contacting my host tonight as I do not send enough messages to end up on anyone's list! Thanks for the input!
    i would ignore UCEPROTECTL2.

they seem to be shady. they will put u on their blacklist and then require payment to pull you off.

i do not think any legitimate email service provider will block your email due to being on their list.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

So the host's tech support said the SPF record was missing (even though I added it via WHM). So he added the record and we will see what happens. Not really sure how to test whether it works or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast