Plugin Contributions

red flag val_function shipping module cost showing weird code in zen_configuration database

I'm running zen cart 1.5.7c, responsive classic on php 7.3.
    I have duplicated the FLAT shipping module and named it EXPRESS (flat.php and express.php).
    I was looking in database and noticed this code on the both modules under shipping cost in the val_function.

{"error":"TEXT_POSITIVE_FLOAT","id":"FILTER_VALIDATE_FLOAT","options":{"options" :{"min_range":0}}}

Any idea why this is showing in BOTH shipping modules?

It could be a normal operation text, not sure but just wanted to confirm.

Thanking you in advance.
    *Zen Cart eCommerce Solution - Putting the Dream of Owning an Online Business within reach of anyone!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: val_function shipping module cost showing weird code in zen_configuration databas

What about it seems unusual or concerning? The information is associated with installation/operation of each module and is provided to offer a level of data sanitization when entering information for that field. Specifically it expects basically a non-zero numeric value where if the value is less than zero or fails a filter_var operation using FILTER_VALIDATE_FLOAT then the error message to the admin would be whatever is set to the constant: TEXT_POSITIVE_FLOAT.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: val_function shipping module cost showing weird code in zen_configuration databas

Thanks for that mc, I just thought no other config seemed to have that, they all showed NULL, and I had an issue with the amount of characters I could add in the shipping method name, so I thought maybe I did something wrong to cause that error.
    But glad to know it's part of the normal operation :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rlexyd View Post
    Thanks for that mc, I just thought no other config seemed to have that, they all showed NULL, and I had an issue with the amount of characters I could add in the shipping method name, so I thought maybe I did something wrong to cause that error.
    But glad to know it's part of the normal operation :)
    Wait, you're running ZC 1.5.7 and only these two records in the configuration table have something assigned to val_function?

Sounds like the proper method to install and/or upgrade the store has not been (successfully?) performed. There are multiple configuration key values that should have a val_function assigned to them.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Wait, you're running ZC 1.5.7 and only these two records in the configuration table have something assigned to val_function?

Sounds like the proper method to install and/or upgrade the store has not been (successfully?) performed. There are multiple configuration key values that should have a val_function assigned to them.
    Sorry, you are right!
    I was only looking on the second page of the zen_configuration when I set it to display by 500 rows and the ones I say where on the 2nd page, now that I go back to 1st page, I can see several of these val_function in there on other things!