Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default After express checkout, cart not sending temp login info in customer order email

Hello and i have just finished installing the new V1.5.7c zen cart on my website and after doing a test purchase of a virtual download and paid through paypal express checkout, the cart sent an order confirmation email to the customer email but no login info for them to login and download the product.

I had also confirmed the payment in paypal and confirmed that it was virtual and no shipping required.

Then logged into admin and updated the order status to 'processing'

In the paypal express module setup, I have the 'Automatic Account Creation' set to Yes.

I believe that the customer should get the login info in their email?

Any assistance on this would be appreciated or a link to an existing answer to this problem would also be appreciated.

Regards Rodney

Here is a copy of the order confirmation which i did edit my personal details from it below:

====================================
    Order Confirmation from Joolrod Mega Store

Rodney....

Thanks for shopping with us today!
    The following are the details of your order.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Order Number: 1002
    Date Ordered: Friday 13 August, 2021
    Order Details: https://www.joolrod.com/shop/index.p...&order_id=1002

Products
    1 x Test Admin Product - PUBLIC DO NOT BUY THIS ITS JUST JUNK (TESTING) = $1.00
    Download General No Resell zip file
    Sub-Total: $1.00
    Free Shipping: $0.00
    GST Tax: $0.09
    Total: $1.00
    Telephone: [EDITED THIS NUMBER]

Billing Address
    Rodney ............
    [EDITED MY ADDRESS]
    Australia

Payment Method
    PayPal

-----
    This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to [email protected]

-----
    Copyright (c) 2021 Joolrod Mega Store. Powered by Zen Cart

==================================================

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After express checkout, cart not sending temp login info in customer order email

Not that it should matter for virtual products, but what's your setting for the paypalwpp payment-module's Express Checkout: Automatic Account Creation?

Note: Never mind, that's set to True as indicated above in the original post.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After express checkout, cart not sending temp login info in customer order email

Admin > Configuration > Email Options > Email Archiving Active? - true

Check in the db for the emails being sent or install Email Archive Manager...

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.p...e&id=101Should help see what's actually being emailed or not.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base7 with Wholesale PRO - 88 preinstalled plugins zero errors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your looking at this problem, cheers

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply to my problem.

As i was doing a live paypal test I made the purchase using one of my cards that paypal doesn't know and you will find the actual purchase confirmation above in my problem text. It has no temporary login info as i did not signup on my website shop and used the guest checkout proceedure. Hope that helps, cheers rodney

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joolrod View Post
    Thanks for your reply to my problem.

As i was doing a live paypal test I made the purchase using one of my cards that paypal doesn't know and you will find the actual purchase confirmation above in my problem text. It has no temporary login info as i did not signup on my website shop and used the guest checkout proceedure. Hope that helps, cheers rodney
    The automatic account creation in combination with the express checkout portion of paypal should create an account and as part of that account creation send the email to the "customer" about how to access their account.

Now, you say "Guest" account feature though, what other plugins are installed? There is no default guest account feature in a Zen Cart store installed using the base Zen Cart files. Could you please possibly address the other items in the posting tips? Posting tips appear above the message box when writing/responding.

May also suggest looking to see what if any myDebug logs are generated at/around the time of that purchase. They will be located in the logs folder or visible if install the display logs module through the modules->plugins manager within the admin.

If viewing myDEBUG-adm type files, note that posting the contents would also present the admin folder name. If posting that type of file, please replace your admin folder name with admin or similar...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart V1.5.7c
    Installed New Script about a month ago or more and have been busy setting it up and testing till today.

Only have one add-on installed as follows:-
    sales_report V3.4.0 Sales Report Add-on installed

HOW did you install Zen Cart? upload via FTP and run zc_install

PHP Version: 5.6.40 (Zend: 2.6.0)

MySQL 5.7.23

Website url: https://www.joolrod.com/shop

The only changes i have made to the site is the header graphics and the site info text. No coding changes have been made to date. I have not as yet been selling anything from the website as i want to ensure as much as possible all is okay.

Now back to the temp customer login problem late late last night i think i discovered why the customers email (Which was sent to myself in testing the operation of a sale) did not end up with the login details.

I have till now thought that Virtual => A Download product which now I believe is not true, although i still don't know what the difference is between a virtual and a download product?

So what i found late last night is in re-reading the instructions for adding a download to a product and making a products downloadable is i had in adding the test product made 2 mistakes in the 'New Product Settings"

Now I have not been able to do a live test to confirm my suspicion as yet and as it's late will have to leave it till tomorrow some time to find out if this fixes the problem, so i will continue...

Here are the settings where i made a mistake:-

1. Product is Virtual: No, shipping address required (And I had this set to 'yes') but now it's back to 'No'

2. Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules ( And I had this set to Yes, Always Free Shipping ) and now it's back to 'No'

I believe in reading that these incorrect settings will stop the Order Confirmation email from containing the temporary login details so the customer can download their purchased software.

And thanks everyone for your very valuable help and assistance it is always appreciated...

Kind Regards
    Rodney

Plugin Contributions

In 1.5.7, if you go to the Admin > Catalog > Downloads Manager screen, I think it checks for these conditions.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Also, I perhaps missed a description of what was expected in reading part of the original post (OP), it appears that the expectation is that when using PayPal Express, that all information associated with making the purchase and retrieving the product is expected to be in a single email.

I do not believe that login credentials and purchase order information have yet been combined in a single email. Before considering it the next best thing since sliced bread, consider the potential security concerns of that being true... you make a purchase from a site as an account manager for a business and then forward the order receipt to a worker who now has the login credentials... not cool.

Anyways, the normal process for such a visitor to make their first purchase at the site using paypal express is that they would receive an email indicating that they are a new customer, an email for the password that was randomly generated and an email with the order details for a total of 3 emails... if they were to purchase again from the site using paypal express, then they would receive just one email which would be the order details...

Is there a possibility that in this "second" site, that the database has been carried over which includes information about this "purchaser" such that an account creation doesn't occur and a password wasn't generated?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Also, I perhaps missed a description of what was expected in reading part of the original post (OP), it appears that the expectation is that when using PayPal Express, that all information associated with making the purchase and retrieving the product is expected to be in a single email.

I do not believe that login credentials and purchase order information have yet been combined in a single email. Before considering it the next best thing since sliced bread, consider the potential security concerns of that being true... you make a purchase from a site as an account manager for a business and then forward the order receipt to a worker who now has the login credentials... not cool.

Anyways, the normal process for such a visitor to make their first purchase at the site using paypal express is that they would receive an email indicating that they are a new customer, an email for the password that was randomly generated and an email with the order details for a total of 3 emails... if they were to purchase again from the site using paypal express, then they would receive just one email which would be the order details...

Is there a possibility that in this "second" site, that the database has been carried over which includes information about this "purchaser" such that an account creation doesn't occur and a password wasn't generated?
    ========================
    Dear mc12345678,
    Hello again and I did another test just before coming to the forum and again i did not send that password, just one email confirmation of the order, as you said above.

BUT You have now just hit the nail on the head. I am using the older version database converted by the new install script so Yes you would be correct, that users info would be carried over. Also I am using the same email address etc for my testing.

So now i will have to i will have to use my partners card and name and email, if she lets me, so that it is a totally new customer unless in admin i am able to delete that test customers details i guess.

I will soon hopefully do that test with a different card, name and email and once i have checked that result, I will return with and answer here, but I feel sure that your answer above solves the mystery, and will add those comments to my cheat sheets for future reference to how the system works, and what should happen.

I very much appreciate your assistance and thank-you..

Kind Regards
    Rodney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast