Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After express checkout, cart not sending temp login info in customer order email

Thank-you for your comment 'swguy' all help is appreciated

Kind Regards
    Rodney

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After express checkout, cart not sending temp login info in customer order email

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Also, I perhaps missed a description of what was expected in reading part of the original post (OP), it appears that the expectation is that when using PayPal Express, that all information associated with making the purchase and retrieving the product is expected to be in a single email.

I do not believe that login credentials and purchase order information have yet been combined in a single email. Before considering it the next best thing since sliced bread, consider the potential security concerns of that being true... you make a purchase from a site as an account manager for a business and then forward the order receipt to a worker who now has the login credentials... not cool.

Anyways, the normal process for such a visitor to make their first purchase at the site using paypal express is that they would receive an email indicating that they are a new customer, an email for the password that was randomly generated and an email with the order details for a total of 3 emails... if they were to purchase again from the site using paypal express, then they would receive just one email which would be the order details...

Is there a possibility that in this "second" site, that the database has been carried over which includes information about this "purchaser" such that an account creation doesn't occur and a password wasn't generated?

YAHOOO WAHOOO You Are An Absolute Genius, you were absolutely correct, because my test credentials were already saved to the database, it didn't need to keep sending me the login details.

So with me new test customer credentials being different card and email etc, the system sent 2 emails. 1 was the order confirmation and the 2nd was the welcome new customer email which has the login info in it...

Thank-you very much now i can finish the polishing of texts and learn where to modify the emails a touch and i will be all done.

Take care all in this dangerous cruel new world of covid19..

Kind Regards
    Rodney

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joolrod View Post
    YAHOOO WAHOOO You Are An Absolute Genius, you were absolutely correct, because my test credentials were already saved to the database, it didn't need to keep sending me the login details.

So with me new test customer credentials being different card and email etc, the system sent 2 emails. 1 was the order confirmation and the 2nd was the welcome new customer email which has the login info in it...

Thank-you very much now i can finish the polishing of texts and learn where to modify the emails a touch and i will be all done.

Take care all in this dangerous cruel new world of covid19..

Kind Regards
    Rodney
    Thank you for fully describing how it plays out, it would appear that I incorrectly stated the number of emails involved, thank you for setting me straight by identifying that it is two emails: 1) order confirmation and 2) welcome with credentials (sent/received in whatever sequence). I didn't go back to look at the specific code to cause the results, i just tried to think through what might make sense.

BTW, for others wishing to "test/retest" this situation, deletion of the associated user from the temporary site would have allowed the user to again attempt to gain credentials through the test purchase. The "matchup" occurs within Zen Cart and if that user/customer was not in the list, then the associated actions would have occurred. But, looks like were able to quickly get through the testing/verification.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Thank you for fully describing how it plays out, it would appear that I incorrectly stated the number of emails involved, thank you for setting me straight by identifying that it is two emails: 1) order confirmation and 2) welcome with credentials (sent/received in whatever sequence). I didn't go back to look at the specific code to cause the results, i just tried to think through what might make sense.

BTW, for others wishing to "test/retest" this situation, deletion of the associated user from the temporary site would have allowed the user to again attempt to gain credentials through the test purchase. The "matchup" occurs within Zen Cart and if that user/customer was not in the list, then the associated actions would have occurred. But, looks like were able to quickly get through the testing/verification.
    Well maybe you were counting the email that the customer would get when admin changes the 'Status' for the purchase from 'Pending' to say 'Processing' as i have, so that it sent an email to update customer. But definately i got the two emails at 8:45pm and that third i got at 9:15pm after i changed the status. Well thanks again for every-thing and are about to look at another thing but will do my best to sort it out on my own first. cheers...

Kind Regards
    Rodney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12