Plugin Contributions

Default Issues with excessive inode quota draining hosts server!

www.madanipropagation.com

v157c

Server Host: siteground333.com (35.209.33.163)
    Database: dbyp1y2fgvazyd
    Server OS: Linux 3.12.18-clouder0
    Server Date: 08/18/2021 12:03:34
    Server Up Time: Unsupported
    HTTP Server: Apache
    PHP Version: 7.4.22 (Zend: 3.4.0)
    PHP File Uploads: On
    Upload Max Size: 256M
    PHP Memory Limit: 768M
    POST Max Size: 256M
    Database Engine: MySQL 5.7.32-35-log
    Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Database Date: 08/18/2021 12:03:34
    Database Data Size: 72,482 kB
    Database Index Size: 15,457 kB
    MySQL Slow Query Log Status: On
    MySQL Slow Query Log File: /var/lib/mysql/mysql-slow.log
    MySQL Mode: NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

My hosts have been warning me that some file? is causing a drain on their servers?

We would like to warn you that your madanipropagation.com hosting plan has already exceeded 90% of its maximum allowed inode quota.
    We have never had an issue previously with Zencart. We contacted our hosts and they responded.

They checked several of the generated log files there and they all seem to contain the same PHP warning about an undefined constant. For example:

Request URI: /index.php?main_page=cookie_usage, IP address: 192.99.9.25

#1 include(/home/customer/www/islam786books.com/public_html/includes/languages/english/html_includes/yourstore/define_footer_v2.php) called at [/home/customer/www/islam786books.com/public_html/includes/templates/yourstore/common/tpl_footer.php:37]

#2 require(/home/customer/www/islam786books.com/public_html/includes/templates/yourstore/common/tpl_footer.php) called at [/home/customer/www/islam786books.com/public_html/includes/templates/yourstore/common/tpl_main_page.php:346]

#3 require(/home/customer/www/islam786books.com/public_html/includes/templates/yourstore/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/customer/www/islam786books.com/public_html/index.php:94]

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant SSL - assumed 'SSL' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/islam786books.com/public_html/includes/languages/english/html_includes/yourstore/define_footer_v2.php on line 8.

The undefined constant SSL is located on line 8 in the file /home/customer/www/islam786books.com/public_html/includes/languages/english/html_includes/yourstore/define_footer_v2.php. You could contact the site's developer or another ZenCart developer for more information on that warning and see how it can be resolved.

The issue appears to be the Logo in the footer? It is an undefined constant SSL.

================

Can anyone please advise how to go about fixing this in simple terms, as my hosts are on the verge of restricting my site access.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Issues with excessive inode quota draining hosts server!

Sorry for replying to my own thread.

Can anyone offer any type of advice as my website is now restricted and I am getting desperate.

Plugin Contributions

Two things, first delete either the contents of the logs folder or delete the logs folder and recreate to include all of the same information that is in a base install. An example of this can be seen at: zencart/logs at v157 · zencart/zencart (github.com)

Then need to address the issue that is in that file, especially since it appears to be something loaded on each and every page and therefore is going to populate your folder again quickly.

I don't see the contents of the file to be able to offer guidance of what is expected for this 'SSL' constant that needs to be defined.

It would help to see the contents of:
    /includes/languages/english/html_includes/yourstore/define_footer_v2.php
    and
    /includes/languages/english/html_includes/yourstore/define_footer_v2.php

Please encapsulate the code within [CODE][/CODE] tags which can be generated by clicking the # button on the messagebox toolbar while replying/advance replying to the thread.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if the quota is disk space or bandwidth, I'll assume the latter. I would hazard a guess that the cause is the large number of images you are loading on every page refresh.

The homepage has 151 images, total size around 9mb. Product pages 61 images, total size around 2.7mb. If the goal is to reduce bandwidth then I would look at reducing the number and/or size of images being loaded. Perhaps by turning off (or reducing the number of) New Arrivals / Featured / Specials / Best Sellers / Also Purchased / Related Products. You could address the file size of the images by optimising them or reducing their dimensions.

I would not have thought that the error logs are the cause, unless you have many thousands of them and that the quota they refer to is your disk space.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts others may have more info.

Edit: Just seen @mc12345678's reply.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Not sure if the quota is disk space or bandwidth, I'll assume the latter. I would hazard a guess that the cause is the large number of images you are loading on every page refresh.

The homepage has 151 images, total size around 9mb. Product pages 61 images, total size around 2.7mb. If the goal is to reduce bandwidth then I would look at reducing the number and/or size of images being loaded. Perhaps by turning off (or reducing the number of) New Arrivals / Featured / Specials / Best Sellers / Also Purchased / Related Products. You could address the file size of the images by optimising them or reducing their dimensions.

I would not have thought that the error logs are the cause, unless you have many thousands of them and that the quota they refer to is your disk space.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts others may have more info.

Edit: Just seen @mc12345678's reply.
    i would say with 99% certainty it is what mc says, and specifically the log files.

host is pretty clear than the problem is with exceeding the inodes quota.

inodes does not refer to disk space utilized or bandwidth. it refers to the number of files.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.