Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Product image popup minimized

I just noticed on all of my websites that clicking on the thumbnail product image causes firefox to open a tiny window that needs to be manually maximized by dragging. Chrome does not do this. Nor does Edge.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product image popup minimized

So you know with as little information has been given that about the only thing to say is, sorry?

May seem like a bore, but those posting tips are there for a helpful reason unless there was true purpose in ignoring them, how about addressing those if assistance is being sought. Otherwise I wouldn't count on much directly helpful being added to this thread by anyone else.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So you know with as little information has been given that about the only thing to say is, sorry?

May seem like a bore, but those posting tips are there for a helpful reason unless there was true purpose in ignoring them, how about addressing those if assistance is being sought. Otherwise I wouldn't count on much directly helpful being added to this thread by anyone else.
    Did you investigate? Or did you just assume my observation and reporting, was imaginary?

Rather than just saying "oh, another unfounded complaint", I suggest you reply with something that the community could find useful like, I tried this in firefox on my website and did not have the same experience.

Not looking for assistance, just reporting what I see, and its getting to the point, that I am thinking "why should I even bother anymore".

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    Did you investigate? Or did you just assume my observation and reporting, was imaginary?

Rather than just saying "oh, another unfounded complaint", I suggest you reply with something that the community could find useful like, I tried this in firefox on my website and did not have the same experience.

Not looking for assistance, just reporting what I see, and its getting to the point, that I am thinking "why should I even bother anymore".
    You're not giving enough information for anyone to help. We've all got other things to do (and businesses to run), so without some basics, it's a waste of our time trying things out.

This issue, for instance, is template-based. Since you've told us neither your Zen Cart version nor the template that's in use, a bunch of people chiming in that "it works OK on my computer" is meaningless and not helpful. While you're at it, check to see if there are database definitions for LARGE_IMAGE_WIDTH and LARGE_IMAGE_HEIGHT ... and see if there were any logs generated on/around the time you requested the popup.

Plugin Contributions

It was not clear from your original post whether or not you required assistance. The majority who post an issue do so to get a resolution so the assumption was made that you required one - hence the request to complete the posting tips to gather more information.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

I just noticed on all of my websites that clicking on the thumbnail product image causes firefox to open a tiny window that needs to be manually maximized by dragging. Chrome does not do this. Nor does Edge.

yap another complaint!

Investigating: now links or any information.... way? now code to find links, now ideas to what learn.. Why? My images is for code read screen size and not OS or browser! Learn! old did was JS to OS and browser size, but to learn for css-tricks, w3schools, bitdegree, and stackoverflow others about css use [height: 100%;] or use the other new for windows and screen... So... screen is about 90% to not full screen and piss others when full 100% images so your screen what work... I leaved as&%? blocks screens.....

Complaint: Learn, help code, do the help.. Or pay code...

Live is little time... heart, stroke, killed words.. So have fun... you can find links more learn... I did, now screen and not JS and fixed code screen...
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    You're not giving enough information for anyone to help. We've all got other things to do (and businesses to run), so without some basics, it's a waste of our time trying things out.

This issue, for instance, is template-based. Since you've told us neither your Zen Cart version nor the template that's in use, a bunch of people chiming in that "it works OK on my computer" is meaningless and not helpful. While you're at it, check to see if there are database definitions for LARGE_IMAGE_WIDTH and LARGE_IMAGE_HEIGHT ... and see if there were any logs generated on/around the time you requested the popup.

I have given all of the information that is required. Since I did not specify some obscure template, assume out of the box and as my signature indictes v 1.5.7. And since the problem only occurs in Firefox, then this is firefox specific. And since it's happening to me on ALL of my websites as I indicated, then assume this isnt some simple random mistake by the user.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    , check to see if there are database definitions for large_image_width and large_image_height ... And see if there were any logs generated on/around the time you requested the popup.
    negatory on the database

Plugin Contributions

There are and have been (unfortunately?) plenty of things that have been reported and there are those things that have needed to be fixed. Some of those things are simple and straight forwards: I get this error message when this happens while using this version of ZC and this version of PHP and this template, etc...

While there was obvious distaste in the way I encouraged discussion, seeing that some 6 days had passed with neither additional information nor any response, it seemed pretty obvious that at least one aspect of the posting tips directly applied:
    If you don't give enough information then you'll likely just get a reply asking for more info, or worse: no reply at all. We'd rather give excellent answers than have to ask you more questions!
    Even with what has been given, there was still little information provided to confirm consistent reproducibility. As you likely too well know, up front (original post) there is what is reported and there is the condition/history of the system of the files and database. Not providing information about that does not automatically make the situation some sort of "default" condition.

For example other outside factors also contribute, for example there was no discussion about the version of firefox. Could it make a difference? Absolutely. What settings or add-ins, what do we share in common or what differences do we have? At some point (think of the future) either of us or others will also want to compare information with their situation. If in the reverse, everyone that either had success or was able to reproduce the issue were to post about their "experience" how many posts do you think it would take to post helpful information for any person to offer a solution that fixes the problem for the most people?

My earlier post to break the dry spell was to obtain as much information as is known as soon as possible so that the problem/solution can be investigated as quickly and as deeply as necessary to fully address. Why it is thought that some reverse problem identification/description is suggested above is beyond me when so much basic information could be provided up front.

As to saying that the information in the signature block is of any use from a troubleshooting perspective is useless... Saying that it is "up-to-date" or obviously reflects the condition of the system about which the poster is discussing is also untrue. Why do I say that? What about this previous post from yourself... centos7/mariadb (zen-cart.com)

Is it really all about Zen Cart 1.5.7? It was posted in *2017*... The base version of Zen Cart 1.5.6 wasn't even released at that point...

But, same then as how this started out, didn't give any details there either, even when asked multiple times... Is this a trend? perhaps, though usually takes three occurrences to be considered a trend.

So after reading through the additional rants, I did a search in my favorite search engine (as has been said time and again not the search tool of this forum), looking for "zen cart firefox image" and low and behold find this particular (useful) thread at the top:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....33#post1375133

That specific post offers a suggestion of how to fix the issue and it seems like it resolves the issue.

Lastly, you do understand that not everyone that posts to this forum is even using a computer/device that supports various versions of browser, but still able to offer help and problem resolution. That of course requires some level of information to be provided.

Sorry to the others that have had interest in resolving this issue that I didn't post the above link sooner... I've seen some similar cross threads where it may apply, I'll be posting there as appropriate.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    There are and have been (unfortunately?) plenty of things that have been reported and there are those things that have needed to be fixed. Some of those things are simple and straight forwards: I get this error message when this happens while using this version of ZC and this version of PHP and this template, etc...

While there was obvious distaste in the way I encouraged discussion, seeing that some 6 days had passed with neither additional information nor any response, it seemed pretty obvious that at least one aspect of the posting tips directly applied:

Even with what has been given, there was still little information provided to confirm consistent reproducibility. As you likely too well know, up front (original post) there is what is reported and there is the condition/history of the system of the files and database. Not providing information about that does not automatically make the situation some sort of "default" condition.

For example other outside factors also contribute, for example there was no discussion about the version of firefox. Could it make a difference? Absolutely. What settings or add-ins, what do we share in common or what differences do we have? At some point (think of the future) either of us or others will also want to compare information with their situation. If in the reverse, everyone that either had success or was able to reproduce the issue were to post about their "experience" how many posts do you think it would take to post helpful information for any person to offer a solution that fixes the problem for the most people?

My earlier post to break the dry spell was to obtain as much information as is known as soon as possible so that the problem/solution can be investigated as quickly and as deeply as necessary to fully address. Why it is thought that some reverse problem identification/description is suggested above is beyond me when so much basic information could be provided up front.

As to saying that the information in the signature block is of any use from a troubleshooting perspective is useless... Saying that it is "up-to-date" or obviously reflects the condition of the system about which the poster is discussing is also untrue. Why do I say that? What about this previous post from yourself... centos7/mariadb (zen-cart.com)

Is it really all about Zen Cart 1.5.7? It was posted in *2017*... The base version of Zen Cart 1.5.6 wasn't even released at that point...

But, same then as how this started out, didn't give any details there either, even when asked multiple times... Is this a trend? perhaps, though usually takes three occurrences to be considered a trend.

So after reading through the additional rants, I did a search in my favorite search engine (as has been said time and again not the search tool of this forum), looking for "zen cart firefox image" and low and behold find this particular (useful) thread at the top:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....33#post1375133

That specific post offers a suggestion of how to fix the issue and it seems like it resolves the issue.

Lastly, you do understand that not everyone that posts to this forum is even using a computer/device that supports various versions of browser, but still able to offer help and problem resolution. That of course requires some level of information to be provided.

Sorry to the others that have had interest in resolving this issue that I didn't post the above link sooner... I've seen some similar cross threads where it may apply, I'll be posting there as appropriate.

So......it seems:
    1. ALL of the information (and fingerpointing) that you claimed was necessary in order to troubleshoot the problem was totally unnecessary.
    2. As I told you, that the information that you had was sufficient to troubleshoot the problem.
    3. As I told you, that I was only reporting an observation, not looking for a fix.

Seems to me that this observation would have warranted more comments. But, apparently, ZC forums doesn't have the same level of participation/quality/concern that it did 10 years ago. That being said, we should recognize that the decline in forum posts does not equate to a decline of importance.

The Dr. had the solution and, no doubt, both read and ignored the OP. What's the implied message there?
    • No time?
    • Don't care?
    • No big deal?
    • Just another complaint?
    • Burnout?
    • Let someone else fix it?

This defect is not template related, as you all seem to think. I just wonder how long this defect has been hiding in plain sight.
    Last edited by pixelpadre; 5 Sep 2021 at 01:07 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast