Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default is there a payment module for klarna?

Just wondering if theres a payment module for klarna, ive searched using google and find reference to people having issues during checkout with a klarna module many years ago and many payment gateways that include support for it but then charge an additional fee to process it.

surely there is a standalone module for such a popular payment method?

ive got my account setup ready to go then when i looked into my google search results i realised i couldn't find a standalone module

Anyone happen to know the location of this module if it exists please?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: is there a payment module for klarna?

Quote Originally Posted by flappingfish View Post
    Just wondering if theres a payment module for klarna, ive searched using google and find reference to people having issues during checkout with a klarna module many years ago and many payment gateways that include support for it but then charge an additional fee to process it.

surely there is a standalone module for such a popular payment method?

ive got my account setup ready to go then when i looked into my google search results i realised i couldn't find a standalone module

Anyone happen to know the location of this module if it exists please?

Did you find a zip file for this module? I am looking for the same. If so can you paste a upload link?

Plugin Contributions

There was an effort to get a module made: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....24#post1387524

We corresponded at the time, but nothing came of it....

Yes there is a comment in another thread about the module in 2011:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....le-from-Klarna

But there is a comment on the German forum in 2019, that it was too old/different from the current Klarna practices that it was not resurrectable: a new module does need to be written.

I sent Klarna an email.

However you cannot even complete the business registration if you don't select one of their currently-existing integrations.
    Last edited by torvista; 28 Nov 2022 at 04:09 PM.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Note the quoted fee (for Europe) is 4.99% + various fees...

https://x.klarnacdn.net/mepo/onboard...n-20220804.pdf
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

I also have chatted with theme and the case is sent to technical department. So ill get reply there. But i am not so optimism to get this zip file.

Plugin Contributions

But i am not so optimism to get this zip file.
    Forget it, if they don't even offer anything for oscommerce that can be ported, it'll need to be written from scratch.

Not trivial.

Best person would be a current developer here who also works with one of the Klarna-supported shops to get an idea of the work involved.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Forget it, if they don't even offer anything for oscommerce that can be ported, it'll need to be written from scratch.

Not trivial.

Best person would be a current developer here who also works with one of the Klarna-supported shops to get an idea of the work involved.
    this is on my list of requirements in a brief for some work to my website i posted to freelancer, I'll upload it when completed, may be a week or two before work can begin though as my budget for web developments has gone for the month with the QR ticketing module project. My website needs upgrading from 1.57c and page speed on the mobile template for my site is needing investigating. Wanted to visually alter the template slightly too. Had bids at around £200 mark from well reviewed developers for the klarna module, upgrade and as much as a full redesign of the template... but the one who created the qr ticketing module wanted more for the upgrade alone. She stated the upgrade would take a week as it was a heavily customised site.

Only issue with the cheaper (but equally rated) freelancer is lack of any review that mentions a zencart site job, just wordpress jobs. I have this thought they assume they can 1 click install a new template and add a module i've not noticed with a click too?

Plugin Contributions

Did you have any success with this ?

Plugin Contributions

I have some news. I finally found the zip files of klarna. However these are from 2012. Do you guys think this will be of very help to develop further to support the newest zen cart? I can post it if you guys are interested.

Plugin Contributions

Do you guys think this will be of very help to develop further to support the newest zen cart?
    No, I believe Klarna now uses a totally different api so they will be obsolete for Klarna itself, not for Zen Cart.
    But I could be wrong and it does no harm to have them available for reference so you could put them somewhere for download.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast