Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Taxjar for ZC 1.57c - works

I have it, works so far, I've tested it like crazy but thought this was fix but I guess it wasn't, just having one problem with when editing orders, it wipes out the sales tax in the orders totals. I would like to give the coding to the admins of this site if they can fix it and upload it in the plugins sections as free for anyone to use. I believe in this time of ecommerce, a working sales tax plugin should be available to compete with the other out of box ecommerce software. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Taxjar for ZC 1.57c - works

Please post to the Edit Orders thread to see if Cindy has any ideas.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Support-Thread
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I'm guessing (@travbacon, please confirm) that the TaxJar implementation came from https://github.com/carolinalaser/zencart-taxjar.

Plugin Contributions

I have the above code running on 1.56c, Bootstrap, Edit orders 4.51 and PHP 7.3. My site does re-calculate the sales tax when orders are edited. Works correctly as far as I can tell.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I'm guessing (@travbacon, please confirm) that the TaxJar implementation came from https://github.com/carolinalaser/zencart-taxjar.
    No, it is not from that github but who knows, these guys I paid money to may have worked off that. It fully functions correctly, you can either have it automatically record or you can export the orders. You can delete the orders and it will remove it from TJ. The only problem (which I thought was fixed) was when you edit orders, there is an issue. Well the issue is it wipes out the sales tax. So instead of editing the order, I'll need to manually place the order again with the correct added items, removed items, pricing, etc. and then export it or go into myphp and manually rebuild the order in the database which I rather not do. Other than that, it works fine as long as you do not have to edit orders which I swear I thought I tested that for them and had them fix it. I even have the emails showing that I reported it to them.

Me and my business partner are just tired of dealing with this "company". It's been a total nightmare. What was supposed to take 1 month took 5 months with me personally babysitting the project to make sure the site functioned correctly and running test orders to make sure the plugin worked as is. I shouldn't have had to but if I didn't, I'd be in a worse situation right now. And these guys think I still owe them money for extra work they claim they did but not once have they admitted to making mistakes or taking accountability or said "hey yeah, you did do more than you should have when you shouldn't have". We paid $2200 (ZC upgrade with some plugins and this TJ module) for this miserable experience and we will just go back to Freelancer for work. There may be a time delay with these developers being on the other side of the world but at least money is held in escrow so the developer has more incline to do things right. Yes I now, we got ripped off big time but with past experiences on Freelancer we wanted try these guys since they had a slick website but in the end, it's no different than going through Freelancer, the only difference is they had a slick looking front end website.

Sorry for the late replies, I thought I had notifications on but I guess not.

The admins, developers, etc. are more than welcome to message me direct. If you all want to group together and work on this and release it for free for everyone to use and keep it updated, I'm game, we paid for it, we'll give it away.
    Last edited by travbacon; 2 Sep 2021 at 10:06 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Weird, I am subscribed to this thread but I got no email notifications of replies. I do get email notifications of private messages though. Weird.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckPhillips View Post
    I have the above code running on 1.56c, Bootstrap, Edit orders 4.51 and PHP 7.3. My site does re-calculate the sales tax when orders are edited. Works correctly as far as I can tell.

Does your version have the ability to not auto record a transaction and manually import and delete records from taxjar?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

It's a standard Order Total module. The OT module uses the Taxjar API to calculate the tax. Tax is added to the order if the shipping address is in a state that we collect, and the customer is not exempt in that state. So its all automatic in that regard.

From the Admin, an order can be added to or removed from Taxjar. That is for those special cases where a customer might send an exempt form after the sale, or if the order is refunded, or if the shipping address changes after order placement. This is an optional mod, since you can do both of those things from the Taxjar admin anyway.

That's all that should be necessary.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckPhillips View Post
    It's a standard Order Total module. The OT module uses the Taxjar API to calculate the tax. Tax is added to the order if the shipping address is in a state that we collect, and the customer is not exempt in that state. So its all automatic in that regard.

From the Admin, an order can be added to or removed from Taxjar. That is for those special cases where a customer might send an exempt form after the sale, or if the order is refunded, or if the shipping address changes after order placement. This is an optional mod, since you can do both of those things from the Taxjar admin anyway.

That's all that should be necessary.
    Do you have a demo going on anywhere?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry I don't have a demo. But here are a couple of screen shots:

Taxjar Module Configuration:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Admin-Modules.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	19736

Admin - Orders:

Name:	Admin-Orders.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	19737

To update an order, Delete from Taxjar, use Edit Orders, then Add to Taxjar.

Checkout Payments:

Name:	Payment-Details.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	19738

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast