Plugin Contributions

Default check out address book issue

I have a client running ZC v. 1.5.7b and we just discovered an issue with the checkout process. I'm not sure if this is the intended behavior but, in any case, both of us found this confusing. If a customer already has five addresses in their address book, the behavior when clicking "Change Address" on step 1 of checkout is not ideal. The form to add a new address is not shown but neither is any explaining text about being at max address book size.

My client's site does not have any customizations to the template file for this page so just includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_shipping_address_default.php is loading. The relavant code seems to be this:

Code:
    <?php
         if ($addresses_count < MAX_ADDRESS_BOOK_ENTRIES) {
            echo zen_draw_form('checkout_address', zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL'), 'post', 'class="group"'); 
    /**
     * require template to display new address form
     */
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_checkout_new_address.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_checkout_new_address.php');
    ?>
    <div class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo zen_draw_hidden_field('action', 'submit') . zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_CONTINUE, BUTTON_CONTINUE_ALT); ?></div>
    </form>

<?php
    }

If I'm missing something about this, I'd be curious to know more, but it seems like there should be some kind of "else" statement to display an explanation that the customer must delete an address book entry before being able to add a new one?

Anyone else run into this before?

Thanks!
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: check out address book issue

Admin >> Configuration >> Maximum Values

First line is the setting.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that.

I was aware of how to increase the maximum address book entries, but the issue I was asking about is what the user sees at checkout if they have already added the maximum entries.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

You state 1.5.7b but I only have 1.5.7c available for test.

The customer should not get an Add button when there are 5 addresses in the address book. That is the primary and four others when the default is set to 5.

You do not state if the store is using OPC. I am assuming not as you mention "step 1 of checkout".

When using OPC and with already 5 addresses, a customer can select a sixth address that is used for the order BUT, it is not added to the system.

I can't seem to find how the ERROR_ADDRESS_BOOK_FULL message is triggered. Below is an image of the define and when it is called in the address book.

Name:  AddressWarning.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  35.1 KB

When using 1.5.6c (only one without OPC), an account that is maxed-out on addresses is not given the option to add an address. I guess this is the dreaded "not ideal" symptom.

Seems like the quick answer is to use OPC versus the standard checkout OR, figure out a way to add the ERROR_ADDRESS_BOOK_FULL to the checkout_shipping_address page.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not familiar with OPC. Could you elaborate what that is?

I'm actually not even trying to allow another address to be added but just add an explanation if the max addresses is reached. Without that, it just says something like "or use one of your address book entries" as if something should be before that "or." I guess I could simply add an ELSE statement to the conditional "if ($addresses_count < MAX_ADDRESS_BOOK_ENTRIES)."
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    I'm not familiar with OPC. Could you elaborate what that is?
    Never mind, I figured it out - "One Page Checkout"
    Ellie Armsby