Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: easy populate 4, getting a feed to work headache, please help?

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So, if all fields of the CSV file are properly formatted and included, then based on the previous post of the fields associated with the export of the database, there will be an issue.

In post #3 at least one of the language dependent fields ends with _1 (a number) which is the language_id of 1. As can be seen above in the quote, the language_id of 1 is English: 1-en: English. But... The Import Language Override is set to be language_code_only (yes default setting at the moment), which for English would be _en, but because the import is only for language_code, then none of that language dependent information will be captured for processing... This was something mentioned multiple times over the last several pages of the easypopulate 4 forum thread. Quite literally, changing that configuration setting from language_code_only to ABSOLUTELY anything else at least will allow the software to process a language dependent field that ends with a number (language_id).

The other thing as discussed earlier, that the user Defined Products Fields: Condition says false, that means that the database table products does not contain the field: Condition, it may contain "condition" or perhaps the field is called something else but a language define is calling it "Condition".

There's a number of ways to obtain/get the list of fields that are in the products table; however, I have not incorporated any of them into EP4. With as much as EP4 is able to do with any of the provided data, I have always been concerned about what information might be made tooooo easily accessible. Sure I'm certain it is overthought, but I'd rather make it as easy to do what is needed/desired by someone that has or is able to obtain the information they need than to make it easy for anyone that happens to gain access...
    ok so now it seems we are almost there, it has now automatically entered categories although there are no items displaying on the website. there all inserted but have come through as all inactive items. Condition and gtin haven't imported though. i think i solved the gtin issue in a test file and simply need to add "v_products" infront of gtin for the field header for that one.

i inserted "gtin, Condition," in the easy populate settings. I mean i can live without Condition working as i can set google product feeder to assume they are new items.

i did try to copy and paste the resulting report including those with errors but for some reason it would only let me select the first word like the browser had partly crashed so i just did a screenshot instead which shows a few of the issues.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-09-18.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	19726

Plugin Contributions

i managed to resolve the gtin issue, i had put "v_products_gtin" as the column header, it was actually expecting to see just "gtin" I am wondering how i move these categories around now will it automatically realise once i move the categories when updating?

it seems my only issue other than images resides in the character length allowance built into zen for these products titles, I've had a bit of a google round and can see people mentioning they have done it but can't seem to find a step by step or something close enough to decipher to implement myself. How would I go about altering this and whats the safe maximum to go to before it would potentially cause issues with other things such as payment modules ect? that seems to be what im reading about people asking for guidance in regards to length of product title

Plugin Contributions

was actually v_gtin, thought id pop that info on the thread incase somebody finds it useful in the future.

I made a custom field for product status and set all to "1" probably not the correct way to do it but its now showing all items as active in the categories it created with gtins, product descriptions and prices all ported across nicely. The suppliers option for product status is "ACTIVE" I cant actually see any that aren't "ACTIVE" in fairness. Items show as "out of stock" if active with zero qty so ill perhaps have to locate the setting to hide out of stock items to declutter the site a bit. I hate sites that show items that aren't in stock, I don't want my site to become one of those lol.

I'm now moving on to resolving the images as i have to wait for the developers to return to work on monday and it seems i'm managing this stage great now thanks to your help mc :) really appreciate it.

for the images i've made a backup of my database and files and was going to follow the instructions i found in a file entitled "install.txt" in a plugin contribution.
    it's basically instructions on what to edit rather than a module as such, before i commit to doing this is there a better method than that specified below? ie maybe a way where i won't have to manually port the images i upload in admin panel for items i'm listing myself from my too hand stock ect?

One worry I have before proceeding is this was wrote quite some years ago and i worry about inserting something wrote for an older php that may perhaps then give me another issue to chase if that makes sense?

Code:
    Module Name
    ============
    External Product Images

Description
    ===========
    Ported from OSC commerce script, author and specific contribution unknown.

This module is released for use with Zen Cart 1.3.8a 3/15/2010 by PRO-Webs.net

This release is considered beta, as while tested the testing is short at 
    1 week.

Version Date
    ============
    Beta 1.0 3/15/2010

Author
    ======
    Melanie Prough, PRO-Webs, Inc.

Report Bugs
    ===========
    [email protected]

Installation
    ============
    Step 1: Increase Data Image Field Characters:

In your Zen Cart admin, run the following SQL patch AFTER backing up your database.

ALTER TABLE `products` CHANGE `products_image` `products_image` VARCHAR( 150 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL;

Step 2:

Open includes/configure.php 

On line 36 after this

define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'templates/');

Add

// PRO-Webs Use External Images
      define('DIR_EXT_HTTP', 'http://');

Step 3:

In all of these files find DIR_WS_IMAGES and replace with DIR_EXT_HTTP

includes/functions/functions_lookups.php
    includes/modules/additional_images.php
    includes/modules/also_purchased_products.php
    includes/modules/attributes.php(Optional! Hand edit for attribute images)
    includes/modules/featured_products.php
    includes/modules/main_product_image.php
    includes/modules/new_products.php
    includes/modules/pages/popup_image/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/specials/main_template_vars.php
    includes/modules/product_listing.php
    includes/modules/specials_index.php
    includes/templates/your_template/popup_image_additional/tpl_main_page.php
    includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_featured.php
    includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_reviews_random.php
    includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_whats_new.php
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_products_all_listing.php
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_products_featured_listing.php
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_products_new_listing.php
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_reviews_default.php

Module Use
    ==========
    This module will now expect you to add a filename path for your product images.
    In your product data entry you will add images in the 
    "Or, select an existing image file from server, filename:" field. These images
    will contain the full path to the image, less the http://.

For example: domain.com/images/1254785.jpg  

Note that this module does not disallow the use of your own images, but they 
    now need to be added in the same manner.

For example: your_domain.com/images/1254785.jpg	

The image uploader, while unharmed will no longer add a properly formatted
    image reference for your products.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flappingfish View Post
    ok so now it seems we are almost there, it has now automatically entered categories although there are no items displaying on the website. there all inserted but have come through as all inactive items. Condition and gtin haven't imported though. i think i solved the gtin issue in a test file and simply need to add "v_products" infront of gtin for the field header for that one.

i inserted "gtin, Condition," in the easy populate settings. I mean i can live without Condition working as i can set google product feeder to assume they are new items.

i did try to copy and paste the resulting report including those with errors but for some reason it would only let me select the first word like the browser had partly crashed so i just did a screenshot instead which shows a few of the issues.

Name:	2021-09-18.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	19726
    Issue identified in the image is that the products_name was longer than the number of characters supported by the existing table information. This current maximum was posted on the previous page, I don't recall what it said. We have discussed over several posts the field name(s) that are to be entered and where they are to be entered. I believe that we have gone around in a circle a couple of times already.

When looking at the EP4 admin menu, if a user defined field is listed and the word true is next to it, that means that the field exists in the database as entered by in the user defined field settings.

That "Condition" is not being exported with populated data means that it does not exist, that the word false shows up to it means that as typed in, it does not exist in the database.

If you have access to cPanel, then you can go review the products table and identify what fields are actually in the table. I could also give you some code that would allow you to display all of the fields on the screen. But again, entry in the configuration->User Defined fields is to use the field's actual name... Don't prefix it with anything else. Capturing the information of the field in your CSV, use v_ as a prefix...

If someone has modified the EP4 code in this area, then I can not help without seeing the modification(s).

i managed to resolve the gtin issue, i had put "v_products_gtin" as the column header, it was actually expecting to see just "gtin" I am wondering how i move these categories around now will it automatically realise once i move the categories when updating?

it seems my only issue other than images resides in the character length allowance built into zen for these products titles, I've had a bit of a google round and can see people mentioning they have done it but can't seem to find a step by step or something close enough to decipher to implement myself. How would I go about altering this and whats the safe maximum to go to before it would potentially cause issues with other things such as payment modules ect? that seems to be what im reading about people asking for guidance in regards to length of product title
    Category movement? You would need to be clearer about what is being moved, what it was, how it was originally assigned (because recently that has been a bit unclear).

Length of text fields? There is an auto-increase option in the configuration settings of EP4: Auto-extend fields.

was actually v_gtin, thought id pop that info on the thread incase somebody finds it useful in the future.

I made a custom field for product status and set all to "1" probably not the correct way to do it but its now showing all items as active in the categories it created with gtins, product descriptions and prices all ported across nicely. The suppliers option for product status is "ACTIVE" I cant actually see any that aren't "ACTIVE" in fairness. Items show as "out of stock" if active with zero qty so ill perhaps have to locate the setting to hide out of stock items to declutter the site a bit. I hate sites that show items that aren't in stock, I don't want my site to become one of those lol.

I'm now moving on to resolving the images as i have to wait for the developers to return to work on monday and it seems i'm managing this stage great now thanks to your help mc :) really appreciate it.
    Whether the field is "auto created" by your vendor or as some have done which is to hard code in the program for the status to be 1, a product that has a v_status of 0 will be "off", hidden, or inactive and 1 will be on, visible, or active.

There is a setting in EP4 configuration about how to set/adjust product status based on quantity: Make Zero Qty Products Inactive, the default is false. If that is set to true, then if a product has an imported v_products_quantity of zero (or less) then the product will be made inactive, regardless of the setting of v_status. But, if the product is imported without v_products_quantity and v_status is set to "1", then it will again be made active... Product that are not a part of the import that have a quantity less than or equal to 0 will not be affected by the setting...

for the images i've made a backup of my database and files and was going to follow the instructions i found in a file entitled "install.txt" in a plugin contribution.
    it's basically instructions on what to edit rather than a module as such, before i commit to doing this is there a better method than that specified below? ie maybe a way where i won't have to manually port the images i upload in admin panel for items i'm listing myself from my too hand stock ect?

One worry I have before proceeding is this was wrote quite some years ago and i worry about inserting something wrote for an older php that may perhaps then give me another issue to chase if that makes sense?

Code:
    Module Name
    ============
    External Product Images

Description
    ===========
    Ported from OSC commerce script, author and specific contribution unknown.

This module is released for use with Zen Cart 1.3.8a 3/15/2010 by PRO-Webs.net

This release is considered beta, as while tested the testing is short at 
    1 week.

Version Date
    ============
    Beta 1.0 3/15/2010

Author
    ======
    Melanie Prough, PRO-Webs, Inc.

Report Bugs
    ===========
    [email protected]

Installation
    ============
    Step 1: Increase Data Image Field Characters:

In your Zen Cart admin, run the following SQL patch AFTER backing up your database.

ALTER TABLE `products` CHANGE `products_image` `products_image` VARCHAR( 150 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL;

Step 2:

Open includes/configure.php 

On line 36 after this

define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'templates/');

Add

// PRO-Webs Use External Images
      define('DIR_EXT_HTTP', 'http://');

Step 3:

In all of these files find DIR_WS_IMAGES and replace with DIR_EXT_HTTP

includes/functions/functions_lookups.php
    includes/modules/additional_images.php
    includes/modules/also_purchased_products.php
    includes/modules/attributes.php(Optional! Hand edit for attribute images)
    includes/modules/featured_products.php
    includes/modules/main_product_image.php
    includes/modules/new_products.php
    includes/modules/pages/popup_image/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/specials/main_template_vars.php
    includes/modules/product_listing.php
    includes/modules/specials_index.php
    includes/templates/your_template/popup_image_additional/tpl_main_page.php
    includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_featured.php
    includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_reviews_random.php
    includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_whats_new.php
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_products_all_listing.php
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_products_featured_listing.php
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_products_new_listing.php
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_reviews_default.php

Module Use
    ==========
    This module will now expect you to add a filename path for your product images.
    In your product data entry you will add images in the 
    "Or, select an existing image file from server, filename:" field. These images
    will contain the full path to the image, less the http://.

For example: domain.com/images/1254785.jpg  

Note that this module does not disallow the use of your own images, but they 
    now need to be added in the same manner.

For example: your_domain.com/images/1254785.jpg    

The image uploader, while unharmed will no longer add a properly formatted
    image reference for your products.
    Even though this thread is about getting a feed to work with it, the image aspect may be something that would be better for many in a separate thread (would allow attachment to this issue for following, but may relate to more people for various other reasons).

What can be said about this and/or similar "older" assistance is to consider the process that is suggested and the information given. There may be some additional files now-a-days to be modified as described, there certainly is a new "default" template which also may need to be touched. Depending on how adventurous and into learning you are, you could download a version of Zen Cart from that "time period", you could take a look at exactly what is changed by the instructions, then you could pull a recent version of Zen Cart and look at the same area(s)... More than likely will see that in *most* cases the changes needed are the same...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

What can be said about this and/or similar "older" assistance is to consider the process that is suggested and the information given. There may be some additional files now-a-days to be modified as described, there certainly is a new "default" template which also may need to be touched. Depending on how adventurous and into learning you are, you could download a version of Zen Cart from that "time period", you could take a look at exactly what is changed by the instructions, then you could pull a recent version of Zen Cart and look at the same area(s)... More than likely will see that in *most* cases the changes needed are the same...
    I love learning but I am struggling a little bit with this so i may indeed make a seperate thread for the images issue in the hopes it will be easier to find for people looking in the future as i know that is something many will want to know and isn't always going to specifically easy populate related.

I was going to try and address each part with seperate quotes from your last response but its much easier to just quickly summarise and hope you get my drift..

So in regards to field lengths and the auto extend option, that was indeed set to false, in the description it says that setting this to true will alter these field lengths automatically to match the longest... more items sailed through processing but sadly for some strange reason i got a few errors for items. heres a small snippet of the results to show what i mean...

Code:
    WARNING! - v_products_model: 0-761345-80060-0 - Products name: "Antec DF600 FLUX Mid Tower 2 x USB 3.0 Tempered Glass Side Window Panel Black Case with Addressable RGB LED Fans" exceeds max. length: 105
    UPDATED! - v_products_model: 0-761345-80060-0 | ANTEC | CAANT-DF60 | Cases | DF600 FLUX | 6 | 8.55 | 66.18 | 7613458006 | https://pi | CAGM | CAANT-DF60 | Antec DF60 | 1 |
    WARNING! - v_products_model: 0-761345-80020-4 - Products name: "Antec DP301M Micro Tower 2 x USB 3.0 Tempered Glass Side Window Panel Black Case with Addressable RGB LED Lighting" exceeds max. length: 112
    UPDATED! - v_products_model: 0-761345-80020-4 | ANTEC | CAANT-DP30 | Cases | The Dapper | 16 | 6.35 | 40.62 | 7613458002 | https://pi | CAGM | CAANT-DP30 | Antec DP30 | 1 |
    WARNING! - v_products_model: 0-761345-80016-7 - Products name: "Antec Draco 10 Mini Tower 2 x USB 3.0 Tempered Glass Side Window Panel Black Case with Addressable RGB LED Lighting" exceeds max. length: 114
    UPDATED! - v_products_model: 0-761345-80016-7 | ANTEC | CAANT-DRAC | Cases | New Conste | 18 | 5.3 | 42.18 | 7613458001 | https://pi | CAGM | CAANT-DRAC | Antec Drac | 1 |
    not sure if just reuploading again will resolve that as the limit increases with each error?

In regards to categories, when the feed succesfully processed it created categories based on the information provided in the feed under the column header "v_categories_name_1" These now show under my main categories. If I wanted to rearrange things such as moving those to subcategories. ie the category it made called "accessories" into a category i've already created "computer components" just to tidy the site up and make it look correctly organised I can easily do that in the admin panel.

When i upload an updated csv file from the suppliers to update stock levels and add new products i think it will just then recreate the master categories instead of finding the new locations?

i know you said use of the carat to define subcategories is common previously and i really can't seem to figure out how i would do this as i can't edit the category name before it reaches myself.
    The only solution I can think of would be to set a custom field up on the suppliers website for "v_categories_name_1" but that wouldn't really achieve what i wanted to accomplish, more of a super category of all the suppliers items in one category which would cause shopping headaches for website visitors i think. Is there a header in zen i can use for sub category ie instead of using "v_categories_name_1" i could swap it out for the subcategory header on the input file so it would look for ie "accessories" as a sub category rather than a main one?

i've still to take a look on my hpanel to see if i can find the products database. my webserver is cluttered with some databases that don't need to be there ie wordpress database when i was curious how that worked before deciding i liked zen too much so ill need to work out which one is the correct one, should be easy. I have however attached a screenshot that shows my "gtin" and "Condition" fields are setup on the product listing page.

Name:	condition.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	19730

Tried with and without the caps for the first letter of condition and it still shows as false, even tried setting it to products_Condition and products_condition under the numinix product fields settings page for the option "display on product listing page" interestingly though this option was missing "products_condition" even though it displays as shown on the previous screenshot

Name:	npfss.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	19731

I hope i've covered everything. I'm also sorry if it seems like we are going round in circles. this is why i struggle with things it sometimes takes a few goes round for me to realise the point someone is trying to make to me, your patience and help is really appreciated :)

Plugin Contributions

just a quick second post for anyone coming across this thread in the future wondering about the images issue, the thread that was suggested to be opened seperate to address this issue has been created and is available at https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....f-hosted-image

hopefully there will be a solution there for those reading that thread in the near future :)

Plugin Contributions

I love learning but I am struggling a little bit with this so i may indeed make a seperate thread for the images issue in the hopes it will be easier to find for people looking in the future as i know that is something many will want to know and isn't always going to specifically easy populate related.

I was going to try and address each part with seperate quotes from your last response but its much easier to just quickly summarise and hope you get my drift..

So in regards to field lengths and the auto extend option, that was indeed set to false, in the description it says that setting this to true will alter these field lengths automatically to match the longest... more items sailed through processing but sadly for some strange reason i got a few errors for items. heres a small snippet of the results to show what i mean...

Code:
    WARNING! - v_products_model: 0-761345-80060-0 - Products name: "Antec DF600 FLUX Mid Tower 2 x USB 3.0 Tempered Glass Side Window Panel Black Case with Addressable RGB LED Fans" exceeds max. length: 105
    UPDATED! - v_products_model: 0-761345-80060-0 | ANTEC | CAANT-DF60 | Cases | DF600 FLUX | 6 | 8.55 | 66.18 | 7613458006 | https://pi | CAGM | CAANT-DF60 | Antec DF60 | 1 |
    WARNING! - v_products_model: 0-761345-80020-4 - Products name: "Antec DP301M Micro Tower 2 x USB 3.0 Tempered Glass Side Window Panel Black Case with Addressable RGB LED Lighting" exceeds max. length: 112
    UPDATED! - v_products_model: 0-761345-80020-4 | ANTEC | CAANT-DP30 | Cases | The Dapper | 16 | 6.35 | 40.62 | 7613458002 | https://pi | CAGM | CAANT-DP30 | Antec DP30 | 1 |
    WARNING! - v_products_model: 0-761345-80016-7 - Products name: "Antec Draco 10 Mini Tower 2 x USB 3.0 Tempered Glass Side Window Panel Black Case with Addressable RGB LED Lighting" exceeds max. length: 114
    UPDATED! - v_products_model: 0-761345-80016-7 | ANTEC | CAANT-DRAC | Cases | New Conste | 18 | 5.3 | 42.18 | 7613458001 | https://pi | CAGM | CAANT-DRAC | Antec Drac | 1 |
    not sure if just reuploading again will resolve that as the limit increases with each error?
    Not all that long ago, the code would say: hey this "field" is too long and basically skip processing that record but would extend the field for the next opportunity or follow some other mistake like process. As can be seen above, you get a WARNING, it identifies the product (by products_model which as we discussed before should be unique for each product in the database) and it says what the provided text is and the length that *was* set, but then the next line shows that the record (that same record) was updated... That record is fully updated only because the field was allowed to be extended... Otherwise, the particular field would not be updated while everything else would... So... When allowing the field to extend, there is no need to "rerun" the import as it will extend first then update the information with the full extent of data.

In regards to categories, when the feed succesfully processed it created categories based on the information provided in the feed under the column header "v_categories_name_1" These now show under my main categories. If I wanted to rearrange things such as moving those to subcategories. ie the category it made called "accessories" into a category i've already created "computer components" just to tidy the site up and make it look correctly organised I can easily do that in the admin panel.

When i upload an updated csv file from the suppliers to update stock levels and add new products i think it will just then recreate the master categories instead of finding the new locations?

i know you said use of the carat to define subcategories is common previously and i really can't seem to figure out how i would do this as i can't edit the category name before it reaches myself.
    The only solution I can think of would be to set a custom field up on the suppliers website for "v_categories_name_1" but that wouldn't really achieve what i wanted to accomplish, more of a super category of all the suppliers items in one category which would cause shopping headaches for website visitors i think. Is there a header in zen i can use for sub category ie instead of using "v_categories_name_1" i could swap it out for the subcategory header on the input file so it would look for ie "accessories" as a sub category rather than a main one?
    Now starting to get into the "setup" and operation of your store... With ZC a product can be placed in multiple categories, doing so is "linking" the product to other categories. One and only one category is the products_master_category. In EP4 that is set to the first category that is used to import the product when it is new. There is also the possibility to change the products_master_category (through a recommended process) of using the v_status code of 7. This is discussed in the readme...

As to controlling where/how product are entered through this vendor, I mean if all product have in their category_name field some constant text like: ThisVendor^ with the associated category after it, then at least internally you can keep track of product from this vendor... You may then need to use some process to link the product to the category(ies) that you want it to appear in, but... Something to consider in your process is that the vendor will always provide information in a specific way or associated to specific things... When you import that information, it will either update existing content or generate a new item based off the association(s) made between the vendor and your database. If you move a product out of a category that the vendor will put it in next time, then the product will "exist" in two places (be linked). That may not matter especially if the one place it will exist is not made accessible to others as in it is disabled, but the product remain enabled.

As I said, this is somewhat getting into how you are going to operate while having this vendor's information being fed to your store. What are they populating, what are you doing to make it unique (better than the next store's site) so that customers are going to be directed to your site for these product.

i've still to take a look on my hpanel to see if i can find the products database. my webserver is cluttered with some databases that don't need to be there ie wordpress database when i was curious how that worked before deciding i liked zen too much so ill need to work out which one is the correct one, should be easy. I have however attached a screenshot that shows my "gtin" and "Condition" fields are setup on the product listing page.

Name:	condition.jpg 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	19730

Tried with and without the caps for the first letter of condition and it still shows as false, even tried setting it to products_Condition and products_condition under the numinix product fields settings page for the option "display on product listing page" interestingly though this option was missing "products_condition" even though it displays as shown on the previous screenshot

Name:	npfss.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	19731

I hope i've covered everything. I'm also sorry if it seems like we are going round in circles. this is why i struggle with things it sometimes takes a few goes round for me to realise the point someone is trying to make to me, your patience and help is really appreciated :)
    The database is "location" is defined in your store's files: includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php. Within those two files, the same database should be referenced and include the database name, username, and password. With that you should be able to access the database and then within the database is about 97ish tables for that store. One of those tables is: products (or has a prefix that is also identified in that file).

Note, identifying that numinix software was installed is something that should have been done early on in the conversations especially when trying to identify a problem with something. The "Condition" field I would expect to be covered by some other database field designator. I'd have to go looking through the code to find it where the above process would more clearly identify the field name.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Not all that long ago, the code would say: hey this "field" is too long and basically skip processing that record but would extend the field for the next opportunity or follow some other mistake like process. As can be seen above, you get a WARNING, it identifies the product (by products_model which as we discussed before should be unique for each product in the database) and it says what the provided text is and the length that *was* set, but then the next line shows that the record (that same record) was updated... That record is fully updated only because the field was allowed to be extended... Otherwise, the particular field would not be updated while everything else would... So... When allowing the field to extend, there is no need to "rerun" the import as it will extend first then update the information with the full extent of data.
    I hadn't realised it had done the trick i just panicked and seen a warning, i did notice it was increasing but did not rerun the feed.

Now starting to get into the "setup" and operation of your store... With ZC a product can be placed in multiple categories, doing so is "linking" the product to other categories. One and only one category is the products_master_category. In EP4 that is set to the first category that is used to import the product when it is new. There is also the possibility to change the products_master_category (through a recommended process) of using the v_status code of 7. This is discussed in the readme...
    I didn't actually look at the read me as i had a developer install easy populate and asked them to sort the feed out for me, they struggled hence the thread. I'm using v_status to indicate product availability though?

As to controlling where/how product are entered through this vendor, I mean if all product have in their category_name field some constant text like: ThisVendor^ with the associated category after it, then at least internally you can keep track of product from this vendor... You may then need to use some process to link the product to the category(ies) that you want it to appear in, but... Something to consider in your process is that the vendor will always provide information in a specific way or associated to specific things... When you import that information, it will either update existing content or generate a new item based off the association(s) made between the vendor and your database. If you move a product out of a category that the vendor will put it in next time, then the product will "exist" in two places (be linked). That may not matter especially if the one place it will exist is not made accessible to others as in it is disabled, but the product remain enabled.

As I said, this is somewhat getting into how you are going to operate while having this vendor's information being fed to your store. What are they populating, what are you doing to make it unique (better than the next store's site) so that customers are going to be directed to your site for these product.
    Thats what i thought would happen if i tried, I had already made a category called computer components and entered a few categories manually. it seems to have automatically made them linked products. The issue I have is that I now have that many main categories my "categories" dropdown looks ridiculously untidy. i'd prefer to be able to somehow organise them into the one category of computer components in the categories it has already created as subcategories to the one main category instead. ive included a screenshot of my categories in the admin panel, I was thinking can i make a custom field at the suppliers that would point it to the one category by the category code and then using what is currently being registered as main categories by the csv to become a subcategory?

If i was just selling computer components there wouldn't be an issue with how it came through but with other categories getting buried in so many categories i could really do with segregating them new categories to neaten it all back up. ie main categories like pokemon tcg ect are harder to spot.

Name:	categories.jpg 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	19733

The database is "location" is defined in your store's files: includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php. Within those two files, the same database should be referenced and include the database name, username, and password. With that you should be able to access the database and then within the database is about 97ish tables for that store. One of those tables is: products (or has a prefix that is also identified in that file).
    ill check that out now and report back what i find for the "condition field" as I said previously though im not too concerned about that as all items i sell at the moment are new and google product feeder is set to automatically assume a condition of new if none is supplied. I could quite happily just skip working the condition part out and be happy with arranging the categories to be neater.

Note, identifying that numinix software was installed is something that should have been done early on in the conversations especially when trying to identify a problem with something. The "Condition" field I would expect to be covered by some other database field designator. I'd have to go looking through the code to find it where the above process would more clearly identify the field name.
    My bad sorry, I assumed numinix product fields was the only way to get "gtin" field ect? (Therefore didn't realise it need specifying.)
    gtin was done with the same module as Condition and with v_gtin being correct you would assume Condition would have been either "v_Condition" or "v_condition" on the assumption it would be recorded perhaps as all lowercase in the database. as you say easiest way is to check the database to be sure what is recorded there under products, I would just simply be making a second custom feed option on the suppliers site stating "new" for the field condition though so maybe easier to ignore this part and just concentrate on the category part. No reply to the images issue thread I created as of yet sadly but i'm really grateful for your assistance in getting so far

Plugin Contributions

Name:	categories2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	19734

On my homepage it basically almost reaches the footer when i use the categories dropdown, felt this represents the untidiness effect i mentioned in my last post slightly better :)

Plugin Contributions

can anyone assist me with getting the feed to divert these items to a subcategory for the category i define it to go to please?

there's no subcategory column header from what i can see in the database, I could have just replaced main categories for a default value of the category i wanted and then used the suppliers info for category titles for subcategory titles header and problem solved

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast