Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Plug in to accomplish this?

I’m not even sure I can explain this but I am just sick because I lost a custom site I had paid to have customized. I lost hosting for awhile but saved all the files manually … filezilla…entire directory…I have that backup but apparently not the db that is needed for the the customization to show on the site now to revive it. I didn’t have stock in there just a couple of test items so I never thought about it … anyway..I am here asking if what I paid back then to have done is something I might be able to use a plug-in to accomplish?

I have two requirements here is the first one …

My site does fundraising…. Youth sports, charities, causes, groups…

Client side:
    So for example a youth baseball team would register with my site (through Cognito form)
    And via admin I would add them to a drop down list by state and city.

Customer side:
    So when someone would come to my site and shop … for each item they buy…they had to choose from drop down lists first by state, then by city and then the team, charity or cause that they want 20% of the sale of that item to go to. Not a total sale but for each item. So a grandma with 3 grandkids could buy gifts for friends and each item could benefit a different team but she is only paying one invoice.
    This choice has to show on the packing list and invoice. It doesn’t have to be figured in anywhere mathematically as that is done manually from the sales, it just has to be workable in the drop lists in the front end and printing on the paperwork in the back end. And they can not be allowed to add each item to their cart until they have chosen from the Client list.

if I can do this, then I will aim for the second requirement.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Plug in to accomplish this?

I think youi can use attributes for this.

check out the attributes
    you can make text boxes on the attributes page where they could write which team to send the 20% to.
    My Multi_Site Zen Carts
    http://herasonlinemarket.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by noppie View Post
    I think youi can use attributes for this.

check out the attributes
    you can make text boxes on the attributes page where they could write which team to send the 20% to.
    we were using the attributes for something else so I don’t know if this will work.
    It has to be a drop list, not a text field because it has to be specific where the money goes … no room for error.
    it would have to be a list to contain hundreds of clients of all kinds.
    this is why state, city, client worked so well. I’m concerned I have even 50 clients to list on every single product is going to be an issue as well.
    I don’t know enough about attributes to know for sure but these are my concerns.

We used them prior as images of charms so that they could choose charms for a product and place them in the order using attribute images so that I would know the order to place them in when making the final product.

Plugin Contributions

Surf on over to https://allpecans.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=135

That's an example of several attributes on one item.

In your case, you would establish Option Names for State, City, and Team. I would add the Gift Message or "N/A" to allow the Grans to say to Joey or Sophie that some of the cost of the item was donated to their team's fund.

The beauty of this is, if all items support all teams, you could have a turned-off master item. When it came time to add/change/delete a state, city, or team; you would do it to the master and copy the attributes to all products. Easy-peasy update regardless of the number of products.

NOTE: be sure to check out ways to "force" the customer to make a choice.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 4 Oct 2021 at 09:11 PM. Reason: more info

Plugin Contributions

Ok but what about the other way we use Attributes? Will that still be possible to have that way and this state, city … way available for the same product ?

Plugin Contributions

I want to make sure I understand before I start in a huge endeavor and end up wasting my time because it won’t work the way I need it to work.
    The example in the link you gave for the Tin of Nuts…
    so let’s say different tins have different options… does choosing the tin have any effect on the options/attributes that show in the drop lists below it?

For example …
    if the Tin was the State
    would that change the next drop list to only show only cities (that have someone registered) that are in that state? And in the 3rd list that would then only show the teams in that particular city in that particular state ?
    so basically one drop lists works off of the other ?

Plugin Contributions

My recommendation would be to simplify this model and permit the selection of charity on either one of the checkout pages (probably checkout shipping) or the account creation/my account pages.

There are lots of stores that allow you to add a charity donation or earmark a percentage of the profits to charity, but I have never seen one that makes you do it per product.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

And this is why we do it … no one else does and it was a need. People commented on it all the time.
    I can’t change the way I do business. It was built to do it before was just hoping by now there were other plugins that would have the same result.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LilleyPadGifts View Post
    For example …
    if the Tin was the State
    would that change the next drop list to only show only cities (that have someone registered) that are in that state? And in the 3rd list that would then only show the teams in that particular city in that particular state ?
    Unfortunately the man that was sooo close to doing that passed away.

If it were done, Zen Cart would takeover the world. You may have seen commercials on TV for Rock Auto. They finally had to hire a large company to create the code for them. Unfortunately, they built it around another platform than Zen Cart. They could have made millions off it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LilleyPadGifts View Post
    I want to make sure I understand before I start in a huge endeavor and end up wasting my time because it won’t work the way I need it to work.
    The example in the link you gave for the Tin of Nuts…
    so let’s say different tins have different options… does choosing the tin have any effect on the options/attributes that show in the drop lists below it?

For example …
    if the Tin was the State
    Sounds a lot like dependent attributes. Google zen cart dependent attributes to find free and commercial plugins that can provide this functionality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast