Plugin Contributions

Default Can Add to Cart Button be configured to add 2 product IDs to the cart with one click?

We are using ZC v156. I am trying to find a way to add two product IDs with one click of the Add to Cart button.
    The exact issue is that our shipping calculator needs to have two different sized boxes added to the cart in order to calculate shipping correctly.

We could use a Combination Discount/Better Together type module, but that would require customers bypassing the Add to Cart button in order to add the "combo" to the cart instead.

I don't think attributes would work, because there would need to be two different items (attributes) pre-selected to be added to the cart in one click, which would need to add two products IDs at once. I am not aware if you can set separate shipping dimensions for each attribute, but I am not an attribute expert, so if I am mistaken, please let me know.

All the posts I've found about similar questions are from around 2009, and many aren't answered at all, so I was hoping that in the last 12 years someone might have found a solution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 2.34.53 PM.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	19759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 2.35.59 PM.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	19760  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can Add to Cart Button be configured to add 2 product IDs to the cart with one cl

Well, as far as being able to add two different attributes from the product info page (which would also generate two different products_id values) one could use product attribute grid (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=618), but that as said, may still not answer the question fully.

So, there are a few concepts to consider and a likely reason that an answer wasn't so readily found. Does the addition of one product (or attribute) automatically imply another/alternate item would be added? Is the product being advertised as this "combination"? If a second (or larger number of) product was made available on the product information screen, what options would the customer have for selecting it or the other option(s)?

Some of those questions lead to the need to get fancy, to simply populate some piece of data to indicate the second item is present and determine the associated shipping or to get more complicated than "simple" and address the selections made by the customer.

Not so sure it is understood what is meant by use of those other additional modules would cause the customer to bypass the add-to-cart button. Don't they need at least one of the product being added in order to bring in the other? And in at least one of those doesn't the module just display product that are considered to compliment the current product?

Yeah, lots of questions, but that's because there are lots of directions one can go and generally reasons to pick each direction. Or at least some best practices.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can Add to Cart Button be configured to add 2 product IDs to the cart with one cl

Quote Originally Posted by apogeerockets View Post
    We are using ZC v156. I am trying to find a way to add two product IDs with one click of the Add to Cart button.
    Have you seen Scott's Auto Add plugin? Not sure if it would work for your specific case, you'll have to do your homework...