Plugin Contributions

Default Admin product status column and on-off button no longer show

Hi. I recently updated my site's products, using the red and green "disabled, enabled" "on, off" status button next to each product.

I'm using Zen-Cart version 1.5.6(c), PHP version 4.9.7, and the Zencart_Zen plugin by Clyde Jones, with few, if any, active plugins. I did just edit pages using the Tools->define pages editor. I also I had to upload a new define_main_page_lower page to update the old page of the same name. The latter page is not editable through the define pages editor. That page was created so that I could show text on the main page below the categories list.

Thankfully, the status button had worked when I turned products on and off.

However, today, since using the define pages editor, the status button no longer appears beside each product, so I cannot tell which ones are enabled and which are disabled. I keep disabled products because sometimes they come back in stock, and there are so many disabled products it would be difficult to go through each admin product page to see whether the enabled or disabled button is checked.

I found no instruction yet on what might be interfering with the showing of the product status column, or how to recover the status column.

Because this is a problem in Admin, I would need to provide the password if someone wants to take a look. I do not have a picture at a URL for uploading, but could provide a picture by email.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin product status column and on-off button no longer show

That sounds like you are using a tablet or small device to work in the admin. If the screen size gets too small all of those middle columns hide. Depending on the device the classes could be edited to not hide that column
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Barco57,

Thanks. Good to know. However, I'm using a Windows 10 PC, and the status column was previously active.

Renee Leech

Plugin Contributions

I found this thread: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-Tools-Options where it basically says the posting Zen-cart user compared the files for the admin functions being used and somehow solved the problem of missing functionality by finding the differences in the same files.

In another thread, Dr. Byte stated he usually recommends re-uploading certain files that seem affected when a function is missing.

I thought a missing status column might be easier to correct, but there seems no posting on the issue of a missing status column in the catalog-products list, so it seems like it will be a code correction for someone with time to work on it.

If anyone is in agreement that the admin tools file(s) need scrutiny to restore the admin-catalog-products list status on-off button, I guess I'll see if I can pay a tech person to help with this problem which I don't have time to take care of. Thanks for any confirmation that this is the right direction to take. The cart itself still works, and I can figure out product status in more round-about ways, so it is not an emergency.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

I'll note that changes in the zc157 series have corrected this issue on smaller desktop screens. Perhaps it's time for that upgrade?

Plugin Contributions

Lat9,
    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I'll note that changes in the zc157 series have corrected this issue on smaller desktop screens. Perhaps it's time for that upgrade?
    Thanks, that's quite helpful, especially on top of Barco57's similar comment. My monitor is 14-1/2" in width. I'll try the upgrade, and post if it brings back the status column.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by notageek View Post
    Lat9,

Thanks, that's quite helpful, especially on top of Barco57's similar comment. My monitor is 14-1/2" in width. I'll try the upgrade, and post if it brings back the status column.
    While I agree that updating is a good idea, in the interim, may try "zooming out" when viewing that particular screen. E.g. if the mouse has a roller usually found between the left and right mouse buttons on a PC, then hold the control key on the keyboard and roll down on the mouse to zoom out or in whatever browser is being used change the zoom to a smaller value (100%, 90%, etc...). Note that this will "shrink" the text which may introduce a separate problem in readability.

It is possible that the zoom level has been increased such that the resolution has been affected and triggered the "hide the button(s)" aspect.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    While I agree that updating is a good idea, in the interim, may try "zooming out" when viewing that particular screen. It is possible that the zoom level has been increased such that the resolution has been affected and triggered the "hide the button(s)" aspect.
    mc12345678,
    Zooming out worked. I now see the status column, though small now. (I used the control-minus method of reducing the screen, but will try using the mouse roller & control for more control on screen size.)

Thanks for this help.
    Notageek