Thread: Edit attributes

Plugin Contributions

Default Edit attributes

SO I know about EasyPopulate 4.0 From my understand this is where you can make a file, dump it to your zencart folder and then import the info in. I'm looking for an easy way to edit attributes then going to each item and click to display then edit. Any ideas?
    Last edited by cubmanky; 27 Oct 2021 at 04:32 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit attributes

Attribute manager found in the product/catalog dropdown. That's where attributes (predefined option name/option value pairs) are assigned to a product.

One can navigate to another product from there to add/edit the attributes assigned.

To add an option value to an option name:
    E.g. Add Green as a Color, go to the option Values Manager.
    To add an attribute type such as size, color or heel, then go to option name manager.

While navigating the category/product list, there is one of the "buttons" on the right which will take you to the attribute manager for that product. It is one color/look if there are no attributes and a different if it has one or more.

Then there is the ability to copy attributes, etc... have a look around these areas...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Attribute manager found in the product/catalog dropdown. That's where attributes (predefined option name/option value pairs) are assigned to a product.

One can navigate to another product from there to add/edit the attributes assigned.

To add an option value to an option name:
    E.g. Add Green as a Color, go to the option Values Manager.
    To add an attribute type such as size, color or heel, then go to option name manager.

While navigating the category/product list, there is one of the "buttons" on the right which will take you to the attribute manager for that product. It is one color/look if there are no attributes and a different if it has one or more.

Then there is the ability to copy attributes, etc... have a look around these areas...
    I was looking for a way of editing like 5 products at one time.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cubmanky View Post
    I was looking for a way of editing like 5 products at one time.
    Without detailing the change(s) to be made, I can only continue to throw things against the wall in efforts that maybe I identify something that works for you. Are the five products to have all the same attributes, some of them or is it just that it is desired to have 5 products on screen to support editing?

If either of the first two, there are options to support copying attributes across product. These are found in the options name manager and options value manager depending on what is being copied. Also the attributes controller I thought had a process to copy attributes of the current product to other product.

Again, a bunch of "guesses" as to what might accomplish the desired task. A more personalized response can be provided (preferred) if detail is given.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...