Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Pymts Pro Blank Page on Step 2

Hi,

I am running ZC v.1.5.5e and have always used Paypal Express as my checkout. I was contacted by Paypal to use their Paypal Pymts Pro and liked the option it gives to have customers fill in credit card info without leaving our site.

My application at Paypal was approved and when I went to implement it on my site today (sandbox rather than live) I activated the module in Admin with the appropriate info and also left Paypal Express module active as well. When I fill in my credit card info on my site and then "Continue Checkout" it takes me to the next page where my site displays fine but the main body is blank. The breadcrumb trail shows Home :: Checkout - Step 1 :: Payment Method - Step 2 to show that it is going to the right page but without displaying anything.

I have enabled Debug mode but there is not a Debug log for today's error....so at a bit of a loss. I have read other posts such as https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ment-with-V154 detailing to remove php closing tag in certain files. Have tried this without any success. As products I'm selling are digital and all products when inserted I select "Yes, Skip Shipping Address" I also tried this suggested php closing tag removal on freeoptions.php and freeshipper.php with it not solving my problem.

Also have tried modifying ajax.php file in this post https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....php-on-line-24 but returned errors in the body of my site so went back to original.

Hoping that someone can shed some light on how to resolve this problem.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Pymts Pro Blank Page on Step 2

I neglected to say in my post above that if I select Paypal as my payment method rather than credit card, it continues on perfectly as it should and I can confirm the checkout and it takes me to Paypal as normal. I guess as it is using the Paypal Express module.....

Plugin Contributions

You indicated that you enabled PayPal's debug mode, but the symptom you're describing sounds like a PHP-related issue (where an error would be logged to the site's /logs sub-directory).

Check that /logs sub-directory to see what (if any) errors/warnings are logged on/around the time that you tried to do the PayPal Payments Pro checkout.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Lat9,

Thanks for your reply! I have checked the /logs sub directory but there are no new logs for today, so at a loss at to where to begin. Do you have any ideas why?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Jeff,

I believe you have been bitten by the partial blank page problem. Take a look at http://www.nitwitcollections.com/shop/

Plugin Contributions

Hi dbltoe,

Thanks for your reply, but not sure about the link to our store. Were you looking to link to an article in the forum that talks more about the partial blank page problem?

I have used the inspection tool on Firefox to see if I can see anything, and everything looks fine....even when I get to the line <div id="checkoutPayment" class="centreColumn" style="display: none;"> not sure if that seems right or if this is where the problem lies? As I inspect other details, the checkout details and order details are correct with what I have in my cart and are trying to checkout......it just does not display this.

Hope that may give more information in solving this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

There's also the possibility that you're running into a javascript/jQuery issue (PayPal Payments Pro makes use of the Zen Cart AJAX interface).

On the checkout-payment page, click your computer's F12 (on Windows) button to bring up the browser's "Developer Tools". Then click on the "Console" tab to see if any jQuery errors are reported. If so, that's the source of the issue.

Plugin Contributions

Hi lat9,

Thanks for your further suggestion on the jQuery possibility. I have turned on the browser Developer Tools when completing the transaction and all jQuery files shows the Get function and that it is OK and no errors. I did not see any files with errors and it starts by calling the checkout_shipping and checkout_payment pages without error as well....then jQuery files, etc.

I have checked in the /logs sub-directory once again, and no Debug error files are showing for today.

Would you have any other suggestions on what to look at?

Thanks again for your help,

Jeff