Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I get Shipstation to send a shipped email through my site?

I just recently had to change to ShipStation (thanks PayPal for that fun experience too). I have it working now the only issue I need to try and fix is after shipping orders, Shipstation updates the orders in my ZenCart admin to "shipped" and puts a comment with tracking, but doesn't email customers. In the store setup on ShipStation I have set Shipstation to email customers but that isn't working. Any simple way to get ShipStation to email the customer when it changes the order to Shipped and puts tracking in comments? Maybe something to add to the code?

Plugin Contributions

An example of what ShipStation currently does is below.

Name:  shipstation.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  11.9 KB

Plugin Contributions

You should probably contact Shipstation support. We have used Shipstation for years and it emails both the tracking number and a delivery confirmation email.

Shipstation is a wonderful time saver. Add a barcode to your packing list and a scanner to your PC to save more time.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckPhillips View Post
    You should probably contact Shipstation support. We have used Shipstation for years and it emails both the tracking number and a delivery confirmation email.

Shipstation is a wonderful time saver. Add a barcode to your packing list and a scanner to your PC to save more time.
    For clarity, the "delivery confirmation", is that to the store owner or the customer?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The customer.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    For clarity, the "delivery confirmation", is that to the store owner or the customer?
    Yes the customer. With PayPal shipping once I received a confirmation email I used to update the order to shipped and include the tracking in comments and that was emailed to the customer. Now shipstation changes the order to shipped in admin and posts tracking in comments but it's not emailed to the customer. The only way they're seeing that updated status of the order is if they happen to log in and check order status.

Plugin Contributions

You would have to modify shipstation_zc.php and change the 'update' branch to include this action.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

The emails are sent from Shipstation directly. I don't think any mods to zc code are necessary. Likely something just isn't configured correctly.

Here are the instructions for setup:

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-u...tions-Settings
    Last edited by ChuckPhillips; 24 Nov 2021 at 01:46 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckPhillips View Post
    The emails are sent from Shipstation directly. I don't think any mods to zc code are necessary. Likely something just isn't configured correctly.

Here are the instructions for setup:

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-u...tions-Settings
    I already set shipstation to notify customers but it's still not doing that through the admin. I would guess something in the code somewhere would need changed as was suggested above.

Plugin Contributions

The zc code has nothing to do with the emails. They are sent directly from Shipstation to the customer. If its not working, contact Shipstation support.

Just Googling 'shipstation not sending emails' led me to this link:

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-u...ustomer-Emails
    Last edited by ChuckPhillips; 24 Nov 2021 at 06:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast