Plugin Contributions

Default Products with attributes not showing sale prices

This is the third year I've used Salemaker to give a 15% discount on everything in the catalog over the Christmas season. In the past two years, the discount was applied to products with attributes as well. This year, it isn't working. The product description shows the discounted price, but when a customer chooses one of the attribute options, they're still charged the original price. I checked, and this year's sale is configured exactly the same as previous years. I don't see any choice but to go into each one of the products with multiple attributes (which is most of them) and manually change the pricing. Obviously that is not a good option. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products with attributes not showing sale prices

Are you using a stock by attributes mod? If so, are there any switches in the configuration pages for it that relate to sales?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Are you using a stock by attributes mod? If so, are there any switches in the configuration pages for it that relate to sales?
    No, just the standard Zencart attributes. And now that I've posted the inquiry, I see that there are multiple other questions relating to the same problem. I'll have a look at them too.

Plugin Contributions

Oh hang on are you saying the sale discount is applied to products but not applied to the attributes?
    If so, you need to be sure "Apply Discounts Used by Product Special/Sale:" is checked in Attributes Controller.

Plugin Contributions

I determined the problem. Salemaker provides options for whether or not the discount applies to products already on sale. I chose not to do that, but then it wouldn't apply the special pricing to products with attributes. I changed it to apply the discount even to things that were already on sale and it's displaying correctly now. I only have a few things that were already on sale and I don't mind having the extra discount on those. It should work properly though if you don't want the extra discount applied to items already on sale.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    I determined the problem. Salemaker provides options for whether or not the discount applies to products already on sale. I chose not to do that, but then it wouldn't apply the special pricing to products with attributes. I changed it to apply the discount even to things that were already on sale and it's displaying correctly now. I only have a few things that were already on sale and I don't mind having the extra discount on those. It should work properly though if you don't want the extra discount applied to items already on sale.
    These items with attributes, were they priced by attributes or did they just have attributes that added a cost to the existing price of the product?

A little confused about the last sentence: It should work properly though if you don't want the extra discount applied to items already on sale.

Reason I am confused: the additional sale/special price was set to not apply against product that already have a sale/special. Considering the expectations of operation: how does 1) having attributes affect the outcome and 2) what differences in operation are seen in those situations?
    In observation of operation: if a category was already on sale and the salemaker was set to apply the additional special discount against product already on sale, how does the shopping cart total differ between product with attributes and product without? Here I am asking if the discount is observed as taken against both type of product. The original question of priced by attribute or not is of importance.

Lastlyish, yes there is a lot involved here. Another has previously claimed that attribute pricing/control has dramatically changed over the last several versions; however, no base conditions have been provided by which to assess the claim. It is a lot of switches, pieces of info, and easily gets complex quickly. Understanding (Expressing) the initial conditions, the desired outcome and the observed results goes a long way to figuring out what, if anything is wrong either in setup or operation.

I further note that in earlier versions of Zen Cart there was some "reporting" issues of prices while viewing the product information page. Those discrepancies were not resolved until the product was actually seen in the shopping cart. Those discrepancies also centered around product that had multiple discounting conditions. Basically, when on the product information page, the attributes would be shown having a higher price (not reduced as much as the discount implied) than they would have in the shopping cart. The shopping cart effectively showing the final price throughout checkout.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

> Salemaker provides options for whether or not the discount applies to products already on sale.
    No. Salemaker provides options for whether or not the discount applies to products already on *special*. Sales and specials are two different things.

If you say "Ignore SaleCondition - No Sale Applied When Special Exists," then neither the product nor its attributes will be discounted.