Plugin Contributions

help question Debug Logs re Products?

www.AmorAromatherapy.com
    157c new install
    list of plugins - Attachment 19845,
    PHP Version 7.3.32
    MySQL Version 5.0.12

I've had a search and come up blank - the recommended fix for zen_calculate_tax is in place, so I'm feeling really confuzzled.

Code:
    Request URI: /ditCh-yIE-joInt/index.php?cmd=products_price_manager&action=edit_update&products_filter=374&current_category_id=7, IP address: 122.57.176.187
    #1  zen_calculate_tax() called at [/home/amoraromatherapy/public_html/ditCh-yIE-joInt/includes/functions/general.php:1558]
    #2  zen_add_tax() called at [/home/amoraromatherapy/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php:163]
    #3  currencies->display_price() called at [/home/amoraromatherapy/public_html/ditCh-yIE-joInt/products_price_manager.php:1067]
    #4  require(/home/amoraromatherapy/public_html/ditCh-yIE-joInt/products_price_manager.php) called at [/home/amoraromatherapy/public_html/ditCh-yIE-joInt/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/amoraromatherapy/public_html/ditCh-yIE-joInt/includes/functions/general.php on line 1568.
    Elemi

The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Debug Logs re Products?

What is the "recommended fix for zen_calculate_tax"? I say this because at the moment and without digging deeper I would consider the version of software issued as the recommended fix.

Now I also say that while remembering that another zenner discovered an issue that is described in github but I don't recall a specific or selected fix being identified. There was some discussion.

That said, the area of code that was discussed and here are two separate code sections, but appear to have a common issue.

This problem actually appears to stem from the use of '' instead of some form or variation of a zero within admin/products_price_manager.php at line 1067. The intention there was to suggest/force a zero tax rate and the code used to suggest it was an empty pair of single quotes. I believe the best fix for this specifically reported issue is to change that '' to 0, but one may also want to consider incorporating type casting into the zen_calculate_tax function so that text like numbers that have math performed on them are actually numbers before doing the math.

Ohh, and all that said? May want to change your admin folder directory name. It has now been published for all to see and attempt to gain access.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Debug Logs re Products?

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What is the "recommended fix for zen_calculate_tax"? I say this because at the moment and without digging deeper I would consider the version of software issued as the recommended fix.

Now I also say that while remembering that another zenner discovered an issue that is described in github but I don't recall a specific or selected fix being identified. There was some discussion.

That said, the area of code that was discussed and here are two separate code sections, but appear to have a common issue.

This problem actually appears to stem from the use of '' instead of some form or variation of a zero within admin/products_price_manager.php at line 1067. The intention there was to suggest/force a zero tax rate and the code used to suggest it was an empty pair of single quotes. I believe the best fix for this specifically reported issue is to change that '' to 0, but one may also want to consider incorporating type casting into the zen_calculate_tax function so that text like numbers that have math performed on them are actually numbers before doing the math.
    Yes, the 0 is in place.
    How do I hard code? do I use our GST rate of 15 instead of 0?

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Ohh, and all that said? May want to change your admin folder directory name. It has now been published for all to see and attempt to gain access.
    Oops!
    Elemi

The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz