Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problems with fresh install v157. Admin page will not load

Hi
    I have a fresh install of version 157 with no plug-ins. It is loaded at www.makupartist.com/157 site's page loads fine but the admin page pulse this error message "Not Found
    The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Installed this more than more than once with the same problem any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Todd

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with fresh install v157. Admin page will not load

All your server listings should bee https: Start reading here https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first..._you_need_ssl/

Plus, your SSL is the most generic I have ever seen Normally, it should match the URL of your site or problems can occur.

You might want to post your store and admin configure.php files here using the # above and changing any private codes, directories, etc.

Plugin Contributions

While I don't know (and shouldn't know) what the admin folder name is, I can identify that trying a non-existent folder name that the same 404 error is provided. As a possibility what this suggests to me is that the wrong admin folder is being attempted.

The admin folder should be identifiable when looking at the directory structure of the site. If it was installed using the Zen Cart zc_install process, then the admin directory would be expected to be made up of at least upper and lower case letters along with following the other "default" characteristics of the foldername.

For ongoing operation, yes, should definitely address the SSL issues described above by dbltoe whether at your current host or another.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tbokich View Post
    Hi
    I have a fresh install of version 157 with no plug-ins. It is loaded at www.makupartist.com/157 site's page loads fine but the admin page pulse this error message "Not Found
    The requested URL was not found on this server.
    Be sure you don't have an .htaccess file that's doing some URL rewriting (as in SEO URLs, for example).
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Be sure you don't have an .htaccess file that's doing some URL rewriting (as in SEO URLs, for example).
    To follow this up for those that might think: but the OP said there were no other plugins...

Understand that this installation appears to be in the sub-directory of a different store (I say appear because I have not tried the domain name excluding the subfolder identified). As such, any .htaccess file in the root of the store (or a folder above that) has/takes control before reaching the desired location. So, there may not be such an SEO related application installed to this new site, but there may be or have been one installed for the domain name. Or it may not be SEO related at all, but that htaccess file may be at fault for the currently reported issue.

Also note that we, those posting ideas, can only work off of what we independently discover, have experience with, have ideas about or otherwise are told. My info was based on my attempt to access any random subfolder of the provided path (though didn't try any folder expected to be present) and the absence of information claiming that the admin folder attempted actually exists. I would guess that swguy went further to evaluate the domain name.

Plugin Contributions

Hello thanks for responding. Not sure if I fully understand the reference to the #. First I will post the store config file:
    <?php
    /**
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2021 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * File Built by Zen Cart Installer on Wed Dec 22 2021 14:01:59
    */

/*************** NOTE: This file is VERY similar to, but DIFFERENT from the "admin" version of configure.php. ***********/
    /*************** The 2 files should be kept separate and not used to overwrite each other. ***********/

/**
    * Enter the domain for your store
    * If you have SSL, enter the correct https address in BOTH the HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER settings, instead of just an http address.
    */
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.makupartist.com/157');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.makupartist.com/157');

/**
    * If you have https enabled on your website, set this to 'true'
    */
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true');

/**
    * These DIR_WS_xxxx values refer to the name of any subdirectory in which your store is located.
    * These values get added to the HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER and HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER values to form the complete URLs to your storefront.
    * They should always start and end with a slash ... ie: '/' or '/foldername/'
    */
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

/**
    * This is the complete physical path to your store's files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    * Should have a closing / on it.
    */
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home4/latexinn/public_html/157/');

/**
    * The following settings define your database connection.
    * These must be the SAME as you're using in your admin copy of configure.php
    */
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql'
    define('DB_PREFIX', ''); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8mb4'); // 'utf8mb4' or older 'utf8' / 'latin1' are most common
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // address of your db server
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'latexinn_zen157');

/**
    * This is an advanced setting to determine whether you want to cache SQL queries.
    * Options are 'none' (which is the default) and 'file' and 'database'.
    */
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');

/**
    * Reserved for future use
    */
    define('SESSION_STORAGE', 'reserved for future use');

/**
    * Advanced use only:
    * The following are OPTIONAL, and should NOT be set unless you intend to change their normal use. Most sites will leave these untouched.
    * To use them, uncomment AND add a proper defined value to them.
    */
    // define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE' ...
    // define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD' ...
    // define('DIR_FS_LOGS' ...

// End Of File
    I have removed the username and password. Next will be the admin config:
    <?php
    /**
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2021 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * File Built by Zen Cart Installer on Wed Dec 22 2021 14:01:59
    */

/*************** NOTE: This file is VERY similar to, but DIFFERENT from the "store" version of configure.php. ***********/
    /*************** The 2 files should be kept separate and not used to overwrite each other. ***********/

/**
    * Enter the domain for your Admin URL. If you have SSL, enter the correct https address in the HTTP_SERVER setting, instead of just an http address.
    */
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.makupartist.com');
    /**
    * Note about HTTPS_SERVER:
    * There is no longer an HTTPS_SERVER setting for the Admin. Instead, put your SSL URL in the HTTP_SERVER setting above.
    */

/**
    * Note about DIR_WS_ADMIN
    * The DIR_WS_ADMIN value is now auto-detected.
    * In the rare case where it cannot be detected properly, you can add your own DIR_WS_ADMIN definition below.
    */

/**
    * Enter the domain for your storefront URL.
    * Enter a separate SSL URL in HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER if your store supports SSL.
    */
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.makupartist.com/157');
    define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.makupartist.com/157');

/**
    * Do you use SSL for your customers login/checkout on the storefront? If so, enter 'true'. Else 'false'.
    */
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true');

/**
    * These DIR_WS_xxxx values refer to the name of any subdirectory in which your store is located.
    * These values get added to the HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER and HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER values to form the complete URLs to your storefront.
    * They should always start and end with a slash ... ie: '/' or '/foldername/'
    */
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

/**
    * This is the complete physical path to your store's files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    * Should have a closing / on it.
    */
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home4/latexinn/public_html/157/');

/**
    * NOTE about DIR_FS_ADMIN
    * The value for DIR_FS_ADMIN is now auto-detected.
    * In the very rare case where there is a need to override the autodetection, simply add your own definition for it below.
    */

/**
    * The following settings define your database connection.
    * These must be the SAME as you're using in your non-admin copy of configure.php
    */
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql'
    define('DB_PREFIX', ''); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8mb4'); // 'utf8mb4' or older 'utf8' / 'latin1' are most common
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // address of your db server
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'latexinn_zen157');

/**
    * This is an advanced setting to determine whether you want to cache SQL queries.
    * Options are 'none' (which is the default) and 'file' and 'database'.
    */
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');

/**
    * Reserved for future use
    */
    define('SESSION_STORAGE', 'reserved for future use');

/**
    * Advanced use only:
    * The following are OPTIONAL, and should NOT be set unless you intend to change their normal use. Most sites will leave these untouched.
    * To use them, uncomment AND add a proper defined value to them.
    */
    // define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE' ...
    // define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD' ...
    // define('DIR_FS_LOGS' ...

// End Of File
    username and password also removed. I appreciate your help thanks Todd

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    While I don't know (and shouldn't know) what the admin folder name is, I can identify that trying a non-existent folder name that the same 404 error is provided. As a possibility what this suggests to me is that the wrong admin folder is being attempted.

The admin folder should be identifiable when looking at the directory structure of the site. If it was installed using the Zen Cart zc_install process, then the admin directory would be expected to be made up of at least upper and lower case letters along with following the other "default" characteristics of the foldername.

For ongoing operation, yes, should definitely address the SSL issues described above by dbltoe whether at your current host or another.
    Hello just to check in my file manager I copied the name of the admin file input into the browser and it still pulled the same error

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    I did a search and I could not find any .htaccess files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post

For ongoing operation, yes, should definitely address the SSL issues described above by dbltoe whether at your current host . Put the wrong one in another.
    Bazaar is started to work! You were correct, for some reason it was pulling up the wrong admin file. After I did the installation I followed the completion install link to the admin folder-admin page and that's when I got the message thanks so much for your help. It looks like there is a bug in installer. Thanks again Todd

Plugin Contributions

Umm, maybe a little helpful to have. At least an issue has been identified: HTTP_DOMAIN is intended to be just the domain name of the site... your domain name ends after .com

The /v157/ portion should be in the DIR_WS_CATALOG section of both files. Those currently show '/' instead of '/v157/'

Also as swguy pointed out look for an .htaccess file in the directory of your main domain. That would be the folder that has the v157 folder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast