Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Importing database from 1.51 to new install of 1.57c. Products, Customers not loading

I have been up and running with ZenCart 1.51 since 2013. The site has worked very well over the years. It is not really a public online
    sales site as it is used for our dealer purchases only. I disabled the option to create an account and only approved customers which
    I add can access the site. I am now in the process of upgrading to Zen Cart 1.57c on a test site as I need to keep the old site up
    while upgrading.
    I have completed the install of 1.57c and attempted to import the database from a backup of the 1.51 site.
    I have two problems, one is when importing the 1.51 database to the new 1.57c database page two of the 1.51 database is not importing.
    The import was performed in myphp. The second issue is when I open the 1.57c admin site the customers are not showing up.
    The customer data is present in the new database. Categories load but not the products as the products are not present up in the new
    database after import.
    Any idea how to resolve these issues? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My site is running on a GoDaddy shared Linux server which is currently running.
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.32-954.3.5.lve1.4.86.el6.x86_64
    Database: MySQL 5.6.51-cll-lve Database Date: 12/29/2021 12:39:06
    Server Date: 12/29/2021 19:39:06
    Server Up Time: 12:39:06 up 97 days, 16:07, 0 users, load average: 0.51, 0.82, 0.77
    HTTP Server: Apache
    PHP Version: 5.6.40 (Zend: 2.6.0) PHP Memory Limit: 128M
    PHP File Uploads: On Max Size: 32M POST Max Size: 32M
    Database Data Size: 33,627 kB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Importing database from 1.51 to new install of 1.57c. Products, Customers not loa

After you loaded the database did you do a zc_install? That's part of the conversion to the new release.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra...orary-database
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Importing database from 1.51 to new install of 1.57c. Products, Customers not loa

when importing the 1.51 database to the new 1.57c database page two of the 1.51 database is not importing.
    What do you mean by this...what error is shown where?
    I find importing via phpmyadmin to be very very slow, compared to a command-line operation which takes seconds.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

After looking further into this issue I believe the problem is in importing to the the old
    Zen Cart 1.5 database into the new Zen Cart 1.7c database with myphp.
    Many of the tables are not being imported.
    Is the database from Zen Cart 1.5 compatible with Zen Cart 1.57c database?
    Any ideas on how to resolve this issue.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Please see post #2. You need to do a zc_install.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    What do you mean by this...what error is shown where?
    I find importing via phpmyadmin to be very very slow, compared to a command-line operation which takes seconds.
    I assume that you are starting with an empty database. In not then remove all the tables and do the import. Or if you are usin phpmyadmin then set the export options
    Code:
    Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION / EVENT / TRIGGER statement
    Add CREATE TABLE statement
    Also on import make sure
    Code:
    Enable foreign key checks
    is unset.

Finally check the size of your file and what your server will allow to be imported. If it is too large you may either have to compact the file (zip it) or break it into bits.

If this is teaching grandma to suck eggs sorry. But thought I would add this as they are issues i have encountered loading databases.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

> teaching grandma to suck eggs

WOW! I did not know that one. England and the United States - two countries divided by a common language! :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teachi...r_to_suck_eggs

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the replies. I am surprised that I am having this much of a struggle upgrading. I can't seem to get past the database import. When i ran the initial Zen Cart install
    I changed the name of the new database to testdatabase with new database user name and password. I kept the admin user name and password the same as the live site.
    The live site is where the database I need to use came from. After the Zen Cart install I can login to the admin site with out issue. The database is empty for the most part. When i go back and run Zen Cart install a second time to update database it will not accept the admin user name and password. What is the correct way to update the database after Zen Cart install? i have read the instructions repeatedly and fail. If i do an import in myphp after the install I can not login to the Zen Cart admin site. It says user name or password in incorrect.
    I am very confused at this point.

Plugin Contributions

So just to clarify.
    1) you have an old wroking version of zen cart complete with database.
    2) you have copied the complete site to a new directory on your server or on to a test server. lets call it the test area
    3) you have copied the old databse to a new database with necessayr permissions on the new database
    4) you have modified the config files to point at the new data base and checked you can log in to admin and that the sites works in the test area
    5) you have compared the base code in your old version of zen cart with the new version (1.5.7) and made any changes necessary to any non base files or files that were modified for your install.
    6) you have uploaded the new version of zen cart to your test area and any files that needed changing because of modifications.
    7) you have run zcinstall and it has updated the database on your test area
    8) you have removed the zcinstall directory from the test area
    9) you are trying to login to admin (test area) using the login and password from your old working version of zen cartand it is not letting you.

From what you said it sound like you have done a fresh install of 1.5.7 and created a new databse then tried to put an old database over the top. This will potentially have issues as the table structures will probably be different.

Try

1) copying the old database to a new database and set necessary permissions to the new database
    2) change the config files to point at the new database
    3) make sure zcinstall directory in on the server
    4) run zcinstall to update the databse
    5) rename/delete zcinstall (rename makes it easier to redo install if you need to) Delete when you are happy all is ok.
    6) log in with username and password from live version.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Thanks brittainmark I appreciate your time and help.
    It appears I have been approching this entirely wrong. I did a new clean install of 1.57c and attempted to work from there.
    I didn't realize I was creating my own problems.
    I will follow your recommendation's and start over.
    Nothing is ever as easy as one wants it to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast