Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: XAMPP and Different PHP Versions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    where would I put this on Github? I am still a newb.....
    You can use Gists for this kind of thing.

https://gist.github.com/
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    FWIW, I've been using the port-based solution identified in this (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...sions-in-xampp) stackoverflow posting.

That way, I can access a site that 'needs' PHP 5.6 on localhost:8056/something and can run the zc157c upgrade of that site on localhost:8080/something.

I tried this method out on my main desktop computer. It worked right off the bat when setup as per https://themanish.com/run-multiple-v...ultiple-xampp/

This may be different that what you did above. However, after I added Xdebug, EVERYTHING broke lol. I kept getting "server configuration" errors. So the first thing I did was compare the three different php.ini files. I used the one from the base Xampp install as the go by. I used Winmerge to get them aligned. Everywhere I saw a directory with /php, I updated that ini file to /php8 or /php81 as needed. Did not change a thing! lol

So, I started looking into the server logs and found out that I put the xdebug.dll in the wrong folder. There were numerous errors in the log of not being able to open that file. Also, there was another error regarding "browsecap.ini" not being available. The base install php/extras folder has was more items in it than the versions downloaded directly from php.net. So I just copied the browsecap.ini file into the new php directories and then everything seemed to work fine. I do not know what problems we will have with the other missing items from this php/extras folder but at least I can get phpinfo to work in all three versions with Xdebug 3.1.2 installed!

Next step is to see if I can get Netbeans connected to all three...

Plugin Contributions

useful information

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for sharing your experience and solution with using different versions of PHP in XAMPP. It can be helpful for those who face a similar problem.
    For those who are not familiar with XAMPP, it is a free and open-source cross-platform web server solution stack package developed by Apache Friends, consisting mainly of the Apache HTTP Server, MariaDB database, and interpreters for scripting languages, including PHP.
    Your solution involves creating separate folders for each version of PHP and configuring XAMPP to use them via the httd-xampp.config file and .htaccess files. The ScriptAlias directive is used to define an alias to the PHP-CGI executable, which can be used to execute PHP scripts. The <Files> directive is used to specify which files are affected by the directives within the block. The SetHandler directive is used to set the handler for the specified file extension. The Action directive associates a script or program with a particular MIME type.
    I hope your solution works well for you, and good luck with getting Xdebug to work with all three versions. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12